Mom's 70th b'day at WL

Degli

DIS Veteran
My family is taking our mom to WDW for her 70th b'day. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Do you think that mentioning my mom's 70th b'day when we check in will get us any fringe benefits? Better view room or other? Has anyone had a similar experience?:confused: :confused:

We didn't ask for anything special during our stay so I can't really give any specific examples. But I can say that every single encounter that I had with CM's at WL was very enjoyable. Everyone always went above and beyond our expectations so I think your odds are good.

What a nice thing to do for your dear mother! I can't imagine a better place to take her than to WDW and the Wilderness Lodge!

What I would do if I were you is, about 3 or 4 days before you are scheduled to arrive, type up a nice fax with your date of arrival, your reservation number, etc.

Simply but nicely state it is your Mom's 70th birthday and you will be celebrating it while you are there. Let them know that in light of that fact, you would appreciate a complimentary upgrade upon check-in if one is available at that time.

Don't forget to make sure you state complimentary!

We celebrated my son's 13th birthday at the WL this past January. We had reserved a standard view room. I sent them a fax telling them about my son's birthday, and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a woods view, when we would've normally had a view of the service area.

The WL is so magical! The theming knocked our socks off!

Have a great time, and hope you get a little something extra for your Mom's birthday!

Oh...and here is the Wilderness Lodge's fax number: 407-824-3232!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter