Mom needs Sweet 16 Disney ideas

avic77

Fish out of water
Hello guys! I am planning a Disney trip for this October. My DD will turn 16 while in Disney :cool1: I am planning to do Keys to the Kingdom tour but wanted to do some other special surprises. Wondered if anyone here had some ideas of things you would want to do at Disney if it was your birthday.

Hello guys! I am planning a Disney trip for this October. My DD will turn 16 while in Disney :cool1: I am planning to do Keys to the Kingdom tour but wanted to do some other special surprises. Wondered if anyone here had some ideas of things you would want to do at Disney if it was your birthday.

This is the perfect place for this thread!
Here are my ideas. What you have right now is perfect. What I would do is get her a birthday pin either at your hotel or in Magic Kingdom on Main Street. I would also make a reservation for her favorite restaurant and if you have the money, you can do a spa treatment at the Grand Floridian! I'm sure she would enjoy that. I'm almost 16 myself (in June)! Happy Disney birthday to your DD! :)

-I'd look into getting a reservation for a birthday dinner at one of Disney's on site restaurants. Be Our Guest restaurant would be good
-behind the scenes tour at Animal Kingdom
- Behind the Seeds Tour at the Land at EPCOT
-I'd watch all the firework shows...Wishes at MK and Illuminations at EPCOT

I agree, birthday pin definitely. All the other ideas are good to. Maybe something to do with her favorite characters?

After reading through all the news articles about Gaston and the push up guest...Perhaps, is there a prince or other talking character that could serenade her.

I'm not sure of the steps to set that up, but it could be fun! pixiedust:

DD16 had a great time with some of the performers in Epcot. She said it would be great to have spent her 16th in the parks.

If you can try, get reservations for CRT. What girl doesn't want to go inside the castle?

Thanks for the great ideas! I plan to get the pin and of course an Ear Hat ::yes::
She loves Peter Pan. I wonder if I could find a way to have him do something special for her. pixiedust:
Peter Pan is usually out for Halloween parties correct?
We are doing a dinner at Ohana (her favorite) on the night of her Birthday. I also plan to order a cake. My Niece, who is also going with us, turns 15 the week before so dinner is a combined birthday thing. I was looking for special things that i can slip in just for the special-ness of being "sweet sixteen". DD asked for Disney instead of a car :rotfl2: so obviously she is a Disney nut. I want to do lots of little special moments. I will order memory maker and have the PP guys take pictures every chance i get :)

I've been to the Halloween party five times, and we've never seen Peter Pan. He should be out earlier in the day, though. Just keep tabs on a times guide while you're there :)

Yes, Peter Pan is in adventure land a little bit further than the dole whip station. We saw him and it took 25 minutes to get through the line but I'm sure your DD wouldn't mind waiting that long to see her favorite character. :)

:lovestrucThis is the simplest thing but last time we went to WDW I was nearing 16 and all I wanted (and still do) was one of the double balloon balloons (the mouse head balloon inside a clear balloon) but because we did WDW in the latter half of our holiday I wouldn't have been able to take it home on the plane and it would have been a waste but buy here the best balloon you can find and think she would like for her to have with her ear hat and pin :D

NB: Unless despite nearly being 18 I am a huge child with my adoration for balloons

:lovestrucThis is the simplest thing but last time we went to WDW I was nearing 16 and all I wanted (and still do) was one of the double balloon balloons (the mouse head balloon inside a clear balloon) but because we did WDW in the latter half of our holiday I wouldn't have been able to take it home on the plane and it would have been a waste but buy here the best balloon you can find and think she would like for her to have with her ear hat and pin :D

NB: Unless despite nearly being 18 I am a huge child with my adoration for balloons
Your suggestion made me smile! I can just see her with her Birthday Ears hat Birthday pin and a balloon skipping through MK. Unfortunately we are staying at Animal Kingdom and we can not have balloons there. But I may still buy one for while she is in the park for the day and when we head back for the hotel she could pass it along to a little kid pixiedust:

Your suggestion made me smile! I can just see her with her Birthday Ears hat Birthday pin and a balloon skipping through MK. Unfortunately we are staying at Animal Kingdom and we can not have balloons there. But I may still buy one for while she is in the park for the day and when we head back for the hotel she could pass it along to a little kid pixiedust:

Aw I'm pleased and yes omg your idea made ME smile :D that would literally make a young child's day! Plus nothing like giving to make you feel awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter