• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Molecular Covid Test in Buffalo?

My husband and son went over to Buffalo yesterday to see Hamilton at Shea's. I had booked a ID NOW NAAT test at Walgreens (Delaware Ave in Buffalo) exactly one week ago at midnight when they release test openings. They had their test at 11:30am without any problems however at 6:30pm they still not not have their results. I called Walgreens and the employee told me it could take up to 24 hours to get the results. I questioned her because my husband was told by the pharmacy assistant who gave them the test, that the results would be done right at the pharmacy and would take 2 hours max. Anyways, an hour later, he received their negative results however my son was "randomly" selected at the border to take an at home PCR test. ugh!

2 friends were both selected earlier this week. The take home test was easy and they were done online within about 30 mins. Now the tests sit in their fridge until today (4 days after taking them) as Purolator was not picking up over the holidays.

Willing to do whatever they're doing to keep people as safe as possible.

A friend's son works at a server in Orlando (not at Disney). Wife tested positive yesterday and he started getting a sore throat last evening. Was told he could not leave work and since he can't get a test until this evening was told he had to report for his shift today too!!! :scared:

The Galleria mall in Buffalo has a testing and vacine clinic upper level near the Macys. Not free, various prices based on test and time required.

I haven't tested in Buffalo as I went once before they removed the testing and could test here and then twice when testing wasn't required however I can advise that the ArriveCAN app is extremely easy to use. You can upload your passport and vaccinations beforehand and it will save so when you go in January as well all you will have to enter is your arrival date/time into Canada and test results.

2 friends were both selected earlier this week. The take home test was easy and they were done online within about 30 mins. Now the tests sit in their fridge until today (4 days after taking them) as Purolator was not picking up over the holidays.

Willing to do whatever they're doing to keep people as safe as possible.

A friend's son works at a server in Orlando (not at Disney). Wife tested positive yesterday and he started getting a sore throat last evening. Was told he could not leave work and since he can't get a test until this evening was told he had to report for his shift today too!!! :scared:

He’s a close contact and has symptoms and they still want him to work? That’s insane.

Quick update…before shopping. :)

Arrived in Buffalo yesterday. Went to Walgreens on Broadway in Depew (close to Buffalo airport) this morning. Arrived at 9:40 and were driving away by 9:46. Only asked names and date of birth. No cost.

By 10:25 (only 39 mins later) results in inbox! Both negative! Wheee!

So easy!! So thankful we took this mini getaway! Makes me more comfortable to know what to expect when we return from our (hopeful) Disney trip next month.

We crossed the border back from Florida this morning, super quick at the border. My sister was selected for a random test, she has already done it and Purolater is picking it up tomorrow.

Quick update…before shopping. :)

Arrived in Buffalo yesterday. Went to Walgreens on Broadway in Depew (close to Buffalo airport) this morning. Arrived at 9:40 and were driving away by 9:46. Only asked names and date of birth. No cost.

By 10:25 (only 39 mins later) results in inbox! Both negative! Wheee!

So easy!! So thankful we took this mini getaway! Makes me more comfortable to know what to expect when we return from our (hopeful) Disney trip next month.

Thanks for the update! I'm hoping to do the same in Pt. Huron and hoping to be able to get there and back in the same day with a hotel back up option if it doesn't come through. I hope your shopping went well! The first time I crossed over I was a bit teary when I walked into Cracker Barrel... I missed it for a looooooong time! :)

Thanks for the update! I'm hoping to do the same in Pt. Huron and hoping to be able to get there and back in the same day with a hotel back up option if it doesn't come through. I hope your shopping went well! The first time I crossed over I was a bit teary when I walked into Cracker Barrel... I missed it for a looooooong time! :)
I hope it works out for you!

My recommendation for anyone going to the US for travel either a day, overnight or longer is to book your Walgreens test 1 week in advance of your test day. Appointments fill up daily.

I hope it works out for you!

My recommendation for anyone going to the US for travel either a day, overnight or longer is to book your Walgreens test 1 week in advance of your test day. Appointments fill up daily.

We did it in Orlando last summer and it was a breeze. I like to live on the edge...maybe I can sleep in the Kohl's parking lot if it doesn't come through same day... :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter