Modifying Hotel Reservations

DisMomMT

Mouseketeer
So our reservation for the Disneyland hotel includes 5 people but now there will only be 3 going. Should I call and update the reservation? Tell them at check-in? Does it make any difference?

I would call to update the reservation. I assume that, like with the on site restaurants, the hotel needs to know how many people are staying on any given night. At least with the restaurants, this information is required for the fire marshall. You could say something at check in, but there's no harm in letting them know now.

One reason not to do this might be how many beds you need. If those 3 people each want their own bed then I'd leave it as is, otherwise you could end up with a two queen (with no sleep chair/daybed- especially if you have standard view) or king + sleep chair/daybed.

We have a premium view and probably would prefer a King Bed + Sleep Chair / Daybed if given a choice.

So our reservation for the Disneyland hotel includes 5 people but now there will only be 3 going. Should I call and update the reservation? Tell them at check-in? Does it make any difference?

If you want to change your room type then you will need to tell them. However, if you are say with a group of people of which some people are not staying on site, you can add two other people to the reservation and get them keys, such that they could enjoy early entry with you even without actually sleeping in the room.

Your room rate will most likely be cheaper so if the bedding works for you if you change it, I would let them know now.

I called and changed it and updated the request for the bed configuration. I do not believe there was any change in rate.

I called and changed it and updated the request for the bed configuration. I do not believe there was any change in rate.

Disneyland doesn't charge that fee for additional adults over 2 in a room like WDW hotels do. That is why some people would think it might be cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter