Modifying a Reservation with 2 Rooms

JessicaGreye

Earning My Ears
Hi Experts! I'm pretty new to DVC. My husband and I are going to take my parents to WDW next January and our first choice resort is Bay Lake, not our home resort. Our plan is to book first at our resort and then try to modify at 7 months- that part feels self explanatory, but at our home resort we are booking 2 Studios and want a one bedroom at Bay Lake. We will have used all of our points (and borrowed about 25% of the next year) to book the 2 studios. Is there a way for me to modify to the 1 bedroom or will I have to call? I'm obviously worried about availability. Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions? THANK YOU!

You would have to cancel one then modify the other, risking losing what you have.

MS will go through the same process.

One option is to modify one of the studios to the 1 bedroom for as many nights as you can with those points right at 7 months. As soon as you do, cancel the other studio, which will free up the points, and then modify the 1 bedroom again to finish the booking By adding the rest of the nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter