Modification to reservation within 30 days

maybethisyear

Mouseketeer
I can't seem to find an answer for this question...

Our trip is booked from 1/31 to 2/10. As Omicron takes hold, I am getting slightly more uneasy about the trip. The biggest concern is if we contracted the virus while in Florida and missed out on a chunk of our trip. This has been a trip we have been saving to take for a while.

If we decide to push it out to the fall, will we lose the $200 just like we were cancelling? Or is this a different circumstance with different fees?

I can't seem to find an answer for this question...

Our trip is booked from 1/31 to 2/10. As Omicron takes hold, I am getting slightly more uneasy about the trip. The biggest concern is if we contracted the virus while in Florida and missed out on a chunk of our trip. This has been a trip we have been saving to take for a while.

If we decide to push it out to the fall, will we lose the $200 just like we were cancelling? Or is this a different circumstance with different fees?

If you modify your dates, you may be charged a $50 change fee if your new package prices out less than your current one. If you new dates are equal to or more than your current package rate, they typically waive the change fee. Whether it's room-only or a package, it's always better to modify than to outright cancel.

I have my TA working on shortening ours for this next week already. I'll let you know if she's successful. She did say Disney had been pretty reasonable to work with later. We're dropping a bunch of days, so the price is going down.

My TA made the change. Had to pay the $50 fee but I pretty much expected that.

Thanks for the update!

Yes, I know that we are stuck with the virus. I'd rather hoped if I was going to get it, it would be before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter