Moderate Choices

pixidust princess

Mouseketeer
Hi friends! I am planning a trip for hubbys 50th bday. I want to stay someplace new to us. I am stuck between Grand Destino Tower and French Quarter. We are going in July so the pool area is important.
What are your thoughts?

GDT hands down. Rooms are among the nicest on property, big and quiet with indoor hallways and pretty views. Being July you’ll probably appreciate the indoor access to food, coffee shop and 2 lovely bars plus it has a covered walkway from the buses.

Concur the POFQ pool is themed for kids. I also found it much more crowded than CSR’s main pool which is huge.

CSR all the way, except I don't stay in the tower. Most of the time I can find something at the Dolphin for the same price as the Tower and being able to walk to Epcot and HS is a plus. I just can't make myself spend the extra money for the Tower and I find the rooms in the Casitas and the Cabanas pretty close to both the main building, bus stops, the pool and 3 Bridges so I'm good with them.

That's apples and oranges. CSR has so much more to offer than POFQ and the pool at CSR is much larger.
THIS^ CSR is above and beyond, especially for adults.

CSR is the deluxe of moderates with a beautiful pool, big adult sized slide, huge hot tub, quiet pools, LOTS of dining options, Dahlia Lounge at the top with view is very nice, dining on the water, centrally located so no ride is long, perfect for adults,

FQ is the value of the moderates, no table service, minimal amenities, basic pool very much geared for YOUNG children (when my kids were 5 and 9 they told me it was a baby pool), teeny tiny hot tub, no quiet pools. Great for very young families or older folks hoping for a room with little walking (although some farther rooms are no picnic).

Last edited:
I’ve only personally stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs. We visited Gran Destino when it opened.

My first reaction was GDT for sure! More for adults to do and rooms/resort more upscale.

Hands down GDT! Both Port Orleans resorts are nice and we've had great trips to both with our kids, but GDT is on my wish list for an adults-only trip for sure! You'll have much more elegant lounges/dining options, as well as a less cartoonish pool area.

DH and I did our "date night" (really half day. Away from 2 teen kids) at CSR. We had such a lovely time! Snacks and drinks at the bar in the middle of the lake (forget the name). Then walked all the way around the resort, stopping to take lots of pix and lay in the hammock at the sandy beach area. Then dinner and drinks at Dalia Lounge, watched fireworks from there.
I've stayed at both FQ and CSR and my vote for a great couples resort is CSR. Maybe go to FQ one evening for a carriage ride.

And you can see fireworks from the Dahlia Lounge at CSR!
We actually saw fireworks from our standard view room since CSR is so centrally located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter