Mobility issues --- Stay at SSR or OKW for boat to DTD?

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
If we have a person in our party who has mobility issues (cannot walk for more than 20 minutes without taking a break, but will not be in a wheelchair), is it better to stay at OKW or SSR in order to take the boat to DTD?

I just read that the walkway to DTD at SSR is closed.

What section of OKW would I request to be closest to the boats (I'm guessing HH).

What section of SSR would I request to be closest to the boat dock?

Thanks!!

If we have a person in our party who has mobility issues (cannot walk for more than 20 minutes without taking a break, but will not be in a wheelchair), is it better to stay at OKW or SSR in order to take the boat to DTD?

I just read that the walkway to DTD at SSR is closed.

What section of OKW would I request to be closest to the boats (I'm guessing HH).

What section of SSR would I request to be closest to the boat dock?

Thanks!!

OKW you would want near the hospitality house and SSR would be the Springs section.
I think either would be a good choice for mobility issues.

OKW you would want near the hospitality house and SSR would be the Springs section.
I think either would be a good choice for mobility issues.

Thanks. We've decided to go with SSR since OKW-HH is not available and I can't request HH.

Is it a far walk from Springs to the boat dock at SSR? Are there benches along the way to rest?

TIA!

How long is the bus ride?

We're trying to avoid the bus since getting in and out would cause some pain; but I'm still curious as to how long it takes. Thanks.

If it's a pain issue, I suggest that you rent an ECV. Better for the person, better for your party.

With the wait for a bus it could be 40 minute trip, about the same as the boat.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter