Mobile ordering when restaurant not open?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Can you place a mobile order before a restaurant opens? What I mean is, suppose the restaurant opens at 11:00 am. I want to eat around 11:15-11:30. Can I place my mobile order while I'm drinking my morning coffee around 7:30 am? Of course, I won't hit the "I'm here-prepare my order" until after the restaurant is open, like I said, 11:15-11:30.

Yes, I did this multiple times last week. You won't be able to hit "I'm here prepare my order" until your time. I tried doing it earlier than my time, and it wouldn't let me.

If it's in a park, I think you have to enter the park or the park has to be open. We often pre-order lunch when the park opens, so that we don't have to worry about not getting a convenient time. We have always done it from inside the park though.

I placed a mobile order for lunch from Satu'li Canteen (in AK) at 7:00 a.m. while I was in my hotel room at the Swan.

It looks like I could place an order from my home several states away. Obviously I wouldn’t, but I don’t think it matters where you are located at the time you place your order.

If it's in a park, I think you have to enter the park or the park has to be open. We often pre-order lunch when the park opens, so that we don't have to worry about not getting a convenient time. We have always done it from inside the park though.
agree. We usually put our order in while we are waiting in one of the first lines of the day.

I just now placed an order at HS, even though I’m not in Florida. You can cancel your order until you click “I’m here, prepare my order.” Once you’ve done that, you will be charged. So it doesn’t matter where you are when you place the order. But you definitely want to be in the vicinity, when you’re ready to pick it up. This makes it super convenient for people who want to plan their day, before they head out the door!

We placed most of our orders while waiting in line for a ride. But we also placed our order at a park, while waiting for the bus to our resort. Once we got close to our resort, then we clicked “I’m here, prepare my order.” It worked out well for us.

BE13F4B0-CA7C-4DCE-BA11-CED1A48C239E.png

I placed a mobile order for lunch from Satu'li Canteen (in AK) at 7:00 a.m. while I was in my hotel room at the Swan.

Great! That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about. And interestingly, I was also planning an early lunch at Satu'li Canteen.

DH is golfing one of the days we are at WDW. We are staying offsite.

If I place a To-Go order at the Kona Cafe, can I park at the TTC if I don't have park tickets that day?

Can you place a mobile order before a restaurant opens? What I mean is, suppose the restaurant opens at 11:00 am. I want to eat around 11:15-11:30. Can I place my mobile order while I'm drinking my morning coffee around 7:30 am? Of course, I won't hit the "I'm here-prepare my order" until after the restaurant is open, like I said, 11:15-11:30.
So funny. I thought you were trying to order from one of the many closed restaurants. :)

agree. We usually put our order in while we are waiting in one of the first lines of the day.

If you do this, can you add or change things? Like if the kid who was convinced he wanted chicken nuggets wants a cheeseburger when it comes noon, can you switch it or would you lose your pick up window?

If you do this, can you add or change things? Like if the kid who was convinced he wanted chicken nuggets wants a cheeseburger when it comes noon, can you switch it or would you lose your pick up window?
Yes...you can modify your order, cancel your order, or change your window time!

Edit: You can’t modify your order after you place it.

Last edited:
Thank you! My family has some really picky eaters and I was worried ordering lunch super early would cause a Disney meltdown.
I’m so sorry but I was wrong about modifying an order. Once you place your order, you can no longer modify it. You can still cancel it or change the time. But I was placing an order today, and you can only modify before you actually place the order.

Yes, you'll order like normal and select a pickup window which is during park hours.

I’m so sorry but I was wrong about modifying an order. Once you place your order, you can no longer modify it. You can still cancel it or change the time. But I was placing an order today, and you can only modify before you actually place the order.

Thanks for the update - it's good to know. I may order both kids meals each QS and eat the other one myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter