Mobile Ordering time slots?

twodogs

DIS Veteran
When I look at the app in anticipation of our trip this week, I see that the Mobile Ordering asks you to pick a 30 minute window. This is different than WDW where you pick “I’m here” and they make it. If I choose a 30 minute window, do I have to stand there for 30 minutes, in which case it would be faster just to stand in line and have them make it right then. If they make it right away when I mobile order but I come at the end of the 30 minute window, my food will be sitting there for a long time. Any recent experience on the best way to take advantage of this feature without the food getting cold or waiting for 30 minutes?

When I look at the app in anticipation of our trip this week, I see that the Mobile Ordering asks you to pick a 30 minute window. This is different than WDW where you pick “I’m here” and they make it. If I choose a 30 minute window, do I have to stand there for 30 minutes, in which case it would be faster just to stand in line and have them make it right then. If they make it right away when I mobile order but I come at the end of the 30 minute window, my food will be sitting there for a long time. Any recent experience on the best way to take advantage of this feature without the food getting cold or waiting for 30 minutes?
No. You pick the time window, which is so the kitchen doesn’t get overwhelmed. After you place the order, once your time window opens up you can either click the I’m here option or you can move it to a later time window. Sometimes if your ordering food for right then certain places (mostly bengal bbq and jolly holiday) may have the earliest order window over 30 minutes out versus other places saying now-xx:xx time. They won’t make your order until you click on I’m here.

Thanks for posting and replying! This helps me for our trip next week as I’m sure we will use mobile ordering a lot!

Thank you that makes total sense!!! I love these boards! We leave TOMORROW!!

We did mobile ordering yesterday for Red Rose Tavern (beef poutine, YUM!) which was New Year's Eve, and the day before at Flo's, and each time after hitting the "I am here" button the food was ready pretty quickly. I'd say within 10 minutes both times and these were very busy days. It was awesome!

Just a heads up yesterday about 4/5 places had first available ordering slots that were between 30-90 minutes away from the current time, so plan accordingly.

Thanks all. We are leaving DLR tomorrow morning, and Mobile Ordering has been great. No issues other than one time it errored out right after the pay screen, and I got no email or alert on the app that the order went through. I waited a few minutes to see, and nothing. So I re-ordered. About 10 minutes later, I got the first order alert that it went through as did the re-order. They just canceled the first order when I let them know this at the pick up window. It had happened to many people that day, they said. Otherwise, it was great.

Thanks all. We are leaving DLR tomorrow morning, and Mobile Ordering has been great. No issues other than one time it errored out right after the pay screen, and I got no email or alert on the app that the order went through. I waited a few minutes to see, and nothing. So I re-ordered. About 10 minutes later, I got the first order alert that it went through as did the re-order. They just canceled the first order when I let them know this at the pick up window. It had happened to many people that day, they said. Otherwise, it was great.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be there at the end of the week and plan to use use mobile ordering.

One day this week, I walked up to a line of about 8 people at Harbor Galley, wanting to get some soup. I pulled up the Mobile Ordering while I stood in line, ordered for immediate pick up, and watched my order magically appear in about 30 seconds. People in line had no idea what happened when I stepped out of line, grabbed my food and left. It was great! I jumped in line not knowing if Mobile Ordering had immediate time slots available, but when it did, that was the way to go. I’m in love with it! It also works great to get a beer quickly if that is all you want from a place that also serves food like Pacific Wharf Cafe. As long as they have immediate return times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter