• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobile ordering a bust.

GrumpyInPhilly

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a stay at WDW. Used mobile order 3 times. Twice, I didn't receive any notification that my order was ready. At Backlot Express, I went to the counter after waiting a while and sure enough my order was ready. Good thing my granddaughter likes her chicken tenders cold. Another day, I was at Smokehouse in Epcot and placed an order for 5 of us. After 20 minutes I checked to see if the order was done and was told I would be notified when it was ready. 10 minutes later I re-checked and was told the same thing. 10 minutes after that I asked the counter attendant why it was taking so long. He checked his computer and said the order was still being prepared. While he was checking, I noticed a tray containing what looked like my order and asked him to see if it was in fact mine. He said it was but it was not complete. I asked him to check the order against what was on the tray. He did and confirmed that my order was complete and handed me the tray. I immediately touched the Texas Toast sandwich and it was cold. Since I've had it before I knew it should have been warm and told him so. He offered a free dessert as an apology. I asked for the order to be re-done which it was and this time everything was warm. No more mobile ordering for me.

Wow. It worked great for us every time on our vacation in December. We loved it.
Same here. We used it exclusively in February and it worked out great for us. In fact it was one of our favorite “new” changes since our last visit.

OP I’m sorry you had such issues with it :(

I have also been very pleased with mobile ordering, but I am only ordering for 1 or 2 people. I wonder if the size or order makes a difference.

We've had experiences like this before, waiting way too long only to find out that our order was sitting waiting for us and getting cold, but those experiences were a small blip in our mostly positive history with mobile ordering.

For me, the whole point of eating quick service is just showing up and not having to plan ahead. Mobile ordering kind of defeats the purpose. I mean, it’s nice that it’s there for the people who want it, but I can’t see myself using it if I have a choice.

For me, the whole point of eating quick service is just showing up and not having to plan ahead. Mobile ordering kind of defeats the purpose. I mean, it’s nice that it’s there for the people who want it, but I can’t see myself using it if I have a choice.

We never planned ahead, but still used mobile order. You don't need to order hours ahead of time, in general.

I have not had any issues with mobile order since the parks re-opened. I use the MDE app and it is pretty good about notifying.

I'm a huge fan of mobile ordering and use it at every chance I get, but on my last trip I ordered lunch at Peco Bill's in advance (actually did it while on the bus from POR to MK) around noon and waited about 65 minutes for my order to be ready. Luckily I was allowed to sit at a table and wait, but it was really rough. Same day I did a mobile order at Aloha Isle and waited about 10 minutes.

I'm sorry that your experiences have been busts.

All of my experiences have been positive, but in full disclosure those are based on ordering at the hotels. The Wilderness Lodge and Yacht Club. I have not placed an order in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter