• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobile Order

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
I was playing with the app tonight and it looks like it has mobile order. I can’t look at any details because I’m not in a park. Has anyone used this? What restaurants have it? The website says it’s available at select restaurants but doesn’t say which ones.
We love mobile order at Disney. Hoping this is similar.

When you are in the park, bring it up and it will show where it can be used. I think we tried it at thr cpt America place, don't know the name.

It worked fine, but we never had a problem just going up to the counter to order which worked better for us as we had a large group. It could have been the times we chose to eat, but honestly, we probably never waited behind more than 2 or three people, and some places we walked straight up to the counter. The dinosaur place for sure. Hamburgers there were ok and we liked the toppings bar.

edit to say. this was thanksgiving week last year.

I used it at Red Oven Pizza and had no issues. Ordered while leaving Strong Water and it was ready soon after we got to CityWalk. Turns out there was no line there anyway, but it was convenient.

On a side note, very disappointed in the pizza this trip. No char and very chewy doughy crust. Hopefully just underdone and not a permanent change.

It's available at most major counter service restaurants in the parks (basically ones with dedicated indoor seating) except the Harry Potter ones, as well as Bread Box and Red Oven at Citywalk (perhaps others but can't recall). I never actually used it because there was never a line for me. But I did explore it when I was in the parks and it's very similar to the WDW mobile order.

I used it at Monster Cafe about 2 months ago. The line was backed up to the start of the queue and my feet were tired so I figured I'd try it. It was ready pretty quickly, I'm guessing faster than it would have taken to wait in line. However, I didn't receive a notification when my order status changed from being prepared to being ready. Luckily I was checking it pretty frequently.

Good to know. I was honestly hoping it would have the HP restaurants. That's where we've waited the most. But they have Louie's which is somewhere that builds a long line so that's helpful. Is Fast Food Boulevard the Simpsons area? If so, that would be worth it. Having to hit several stations for our family is a pain so it would be a nice option.

How does the seating work at Red Oven when you use the mobile app? Normally you order, then get in line for a table while your pizza is being prepared. Do you just show up and get in the table line once you order? Or is it take out only when using the app? Same question about the bread box, but I’ve never seen the bread box get crowded like Red Oven does.

Good to know. I was honestly hoping it would have the HP restaurants. That's where we've waited the most. But they have Louie's which is somewhere that builds a long line so that's helpful. Is Fast Food Boulevard the Simpsons area? If so, that would be worth it. Having to hit several stations for our family is a pain so it would be a nice option.
Fast Food Blvd has changed and now you order everything at the register first, then get your food.

Well, our first attempt to use it was not so good. I would not recommend using mobile order at universal yet. The restaurants (or at least some of them) are not used to having it. We used it last night and they didn’t see that they had a mobile order waiting. After 10 minutes I went and asked about it. They hadn’t seen it (it wasn’t busy at all). Then once they were informed, they apparently each thought someone else was taking care of it. But no one was. It took half an hour to get our food in a slow restaurant. I don’t think the mobile orders show up on their regular screen of orders making them very much out of sight out of mind.

It was a life saver during hhn. Between AoV shows i went to Ritchers, that had a huge line and we had our food in les than 5 minutes.
Here are the restaurants that are available, i took these screenshots from the app rn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-063614_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063614_Universal FL.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20191124-063607_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063607_Universal FL.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20191124-063600_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063600_Universal FL.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20191124-063553_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063553_Universal FL.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20191124-063547_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063547_Universal FL.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191124-063541_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063541_Universal FL.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191124-063535_Universal FL.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-063535_Universal FL.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
Well, our first attempt to use it was not so good. I would not recommend using mobile order at universal yet. The restaurants (or at least some of them) are not used to having it. We used it last night and they didn’t see that they had a mobile order waiting. After 10 minutes I went and asked about it. They hadn’t seen it (it wasn’t busy at all). Then once they were informed, they apparently each thought someone else was taking care of it. But no one was. It took half an hour to get our food in a slow restaurant. I don’t think the mobile orders show up on their regular screen of orders making them very much out of sight out of mind.
That sucks, sorry this happened. Ive used it several times in different restaurants and haven't had any issues

I think you might have had an off experience. I've used it multiple times with no issues.

How does the seating work at Red Oven when you use the mobile app? Normally you order, then get in line for a table while your pizza is being prepared. Do you just show up and get in the table line once you order? Or is it take out only when using the app? Same question about the bread box, but I’ve never seen the bread box get crowded like Red Oven does.

Not sure. We took ours back to the hotel.

Kind of reminds me of the McDonalds I used to work at. As others have stated it seems to clearly work, but perhaps they were off their game, that particular place is not used to it, or might have had a lot of newer people there.

I say it reminds me of McDonalds, because while the McDonalds app had been out for at least six months, or even more so, it was always awkward when the rare occasion someone would mark themselves as there at one of the number spots outside and there order would pop up. The order would be made, but then it was the question of who knew where it would go. As people can either be inside, or outside in a number spot. Due to lack of training, switching of roles, and the rarity of it all, even managers would grab the order and take a minute to remember, or realize where the order had to go. There seemed to be only a few of us who remembered and it seemed that unless you were there (at the time of initial training), you wouldn't know what certain symbols/colors/numbers meant to let you know where the order had to go.

Kind of reminds me of the McDonalds I used to work at. As others have stated it seems to clearly work, but perhaps they were off their game, that particular place is not used to it, or might have had a lot of newer people there.

I say it reminds me of McDonalds, because while the McDonalds app had been out for at least six months, or even more so, it was always awkward when the rare occasion someone would mark themselves as there at one of the number spots outside and there order would pop up. The order would be made, but then it was the question of who knew where it would go. As people can either be inside, or outside in a number spot. Due to lack of training, switching of roles, and the rarity of it all, even managers would grab the order and take a minute to remember, or realize where the order had to go. There seemed to be only a few of us who remembered and it seemed that unless you were there (at the time of initial training), you wouldn't know what certain symbols/colors/numbers meant to let you know where the order had to go.

i meant to respond last night and yeah, I agree with where you’re coming from. I used to work at a restaurant and things went the most smoothly when we were kinda busy. When we were slow things got forgotten or people stood around talking so service was worse.I used mobile order because we were afraid it would be busy with the holiday parade right around the time we were going to eat (Monsters Cafe). It wasn’t busy at all. So I would say not To use mobile order unless there’s a line. They definitely had to go to a different computer because they kept going to one on the corner to look at that was on it. So if they don’t have a stream of orders coming in, maybe no one is looking.

I do not know if anyone else has any reported issues lately with Monsters Cafe, but I do recall that when I went recently, when the person in front of me was ordering the TM made comments about how a certain buttons came back (while another TM was trying to help him with the POS) and he seemed thankful for it. Not a big deal and didn't take long, especially since he seemed to have no issue with ringing up mine. It'll be interesting to know if all restaurants have relatively the same process. As someone mentioned previously they got no notification it was ready, but got it since they kept checking. It was Monsters Cafe as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter