• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobile order without linked credit card?

traveljunkie2

Mouseketeer
We will be in the parks with two teens. I’m unable to link a credit card to their profiles. Will they be allowed to place a mobile food order without a credit card on file? Can they just pay when they pick up the food?

We will be in the parks with two teens. I’m unable to link a credit card to their profiles. Will they be allowed to place a mobile food order without a credit card on file? Can they just pay when they pick up the food?
I just checked the app. You can use a credit/debit card, gift card or a rewards redemption card. Payment is required at the time to the order is placed.

The app does not allow for a credit card to be added if you are under 17. They each have a credit card that they can use to buy things, it just can’t be linked in the app. I don’t want them to have to waste time in line unnecessarily.

What is a rewards redemption card?

Log you kids into YOUR Disney account when they launch the app on their phones. It literally doesn't make a difference whose profile is signed in. My 2 sons and husband all use my Disney profile when we are in the parks. Tell them the password and have them set up the biometrics login with their finger prints, if available on their phones.

Log you kids into YOUR Disney account when they launch the app on their phones. It literally doesn't make a difference whose profile is signed in. My 2 sons and husband all use my Disney profile when we are in the parks. Tell them the password and have them set up the biometrics login with their finger prints, if available on their phones.
If we split up during the day, will having everyone logged in to my account affect our Genie + Lightning Lanes selections? Can my husband and I select one ride, and the two kids select a different ride?

If we split up during the day, will having everyone logged in to my account affect our Genie + Lightning Lanes selections? Can my husband and I select one ride, and the two kids select a different ride?
When choosing a Lightening Lane, it will ask who in your party you want to include. You can exclude or include anyone at that point. Like DLgal, we use the same account for myself, my husband, and our teenager and haven’t ever run into any issues sharing a login.

It literally won't affect anything. Just make sure everyone's tickets are linked to your account. As mentioned, every time you go to make a Genie+ selection, a checklist of guests will show up and you select who is going to ride each particular ride, so your kids can select a ride for themselves and you and your husband can make a different selection.

My teens are 18 and 17 and don't even HAVE their own Disney accounts. My husband has one but is perpetually forgetting his password and ending up unable to use his app. Problem solved by logging in on my account. We go to the parks several times a month.

A related question - I will be taking two teens who are not related to me with us at the end of April. They each have their own Disney account and we've linked everyone's tickets for LL purposes. Because they are paying for their food/souvenirs with their own money, I can't have them logged in under my account and using my credit card.

They will have Disney gift cards and cash to use to buy their food. Do they need to have digital gift cards for mobile ordering, or can they type in the physical gift card code? I've seen the tip about putting the gift card number in notes so they can quickly copy and paste it in, but does that work for either kind of gift card?

One of the girls currently has a digital gift card, the other has a physical one, and they both have cash that can be put onto either kind of card if we need to buy a certain type to make mobile order work.

A related question - I will be taking two teens who are not related to me with us at the end of April. They each have their own Disney account and we've linked everyone's tickets for LL purposes. Because they are paying for their food/souvenirs with their own money, I can't have them logged in under my account and using my credit card.

They will have Disney gift cards and cash to use to buy their food. Do they need to have digital gift cards for mobile ordering, or can they type in the physical gift card code? I've seen the tip about putting the gift card number in notes so they can quickly copy and paste it in, but does that work for either kind of gift card?

One of the girls currently has a digital gift card, the other has a physical one, and they both have cash that can be put onto either kind of card if we need to buy a certain type to make mobile order work.

Both types of gift cards will work, but they will have to re enter the number every time. So, they should definitely make a note in their phone that they can copy/paste. They can also use these to purchase things in many gift shops that use Mobile Checkout.

How do you add a Disney Gift Card to the Disneyland app?
You have to type it in each time you want to use it. Sadly, you can't save it in the app like you do with a credit card which is a pain. The best way is to type the gift card number into the notes app or some thing similar so you can just paste it into the Disney app when you are ordering something.

Both types of gift cards will work, but they will have to re enter the number every time. So, they should definitely make a note in their phone that they can copy/paste. They can also use these to purchase things in many gift shops that use Mobile Checkout.
Thank you! Good to know that either one will work. People are giving them gift cards to use on the trip and some are sending digital cards while others are handing them the physical cards. I wanted to make sure they would be able to use whatever they have to get their food as needed.

You have to type it in each time you want to use it. Sadly, you can't save it in the app like you do with a credit card which is a pain. The best way is to type the gift card number into the notes app or some thing similar so you can just paste it into the Disney app when you are ordering something.
Ah, or should I say ugh. Thank you for the fast response! Well, I hope Disney will add a place for gift cards in the near future.

Ah, or should I say ugh. Thank you for the fast response! Well, I hope Disney will add a place for gift cards in the near future.

They likely won't, as gift card numbers stored are ripe for being stolen. The fraud protection isn't there for gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter