Mobile order vs waiting in line

pens4821

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how mobile ordering is going. Saw some reports in the theme parks forum about waiting a while for mobile orders. Is it just easier to wait in line and order that way? We will be using gift cards to pay so that may make it a bit easier too.

When we went in 19 mobile order was great. We didn’t wait long at all after hitting I’m here.

If you have the option, do the mobile order. We waited in line at Fairfax fair (the tots place) in MK on Saturday morning because the lines for mobile order pick up looked long and the next return time for it was 15 minutes away. We thought we could wait in line and get our food faster than 15 minutes. It took over a half hour to get up to the window to order by waiting. It was clear they were prioritizing the mobile orders (which makes sense. Not complaining) Anytime from now on when we have the option of mobile order or wait in line, I will mobile order.

The trick is saying you're there for pickup when you are heading towards the location.
100% this. Your food won't get cold if you a few min late. But waiting till you are actually there will make mobile order feel horrible. 10 min walk is usually when I say I'm here.

Just confirming you can use gift card when you mobile order? Do you put them in the app somehow?

I've seen waits up to 30 minutes for mobile orders on crowded days. I like mobile order because I can do it from the line and hit "I'm here" right when I get off the attraction. It usually takes at least 10 minutes for the order to come up.

Not sure the frequency, but has anyone else noticed that items are listed on the menu on MDE at certain places (quick order at French Quarter as an example) but aren't listed in the mobile order section?

Just confirming you can use gift card when you mobile order? Do you put them in the app somehow?
Yes, but you have to manually enter the card number on the payment screen. Many people will store their gift card number(s) in a notes app so that they can copy & paste the number.

The trick is saying you're there for pickup when you are heading towards the location.
We learned that shortly after it started. We always click, we are here when we are at least 5 minutes a way. Still wait, but usually not too long.

Personally, I can't stand the mobile ordering process and wish Disney would scrap it altogether or at very minimum, make it a secondary option rather than a primary.
What do you dislike about it?
I like not having to stand in a long line waiting to order.
since most restaurants will not let people in until their food is ready, I love that it is much easier to find a table as people can't save tables while they are waiting in line.

Love how we all look at things completely different ---> I absolutely loved using the mobile ordering and found that it made my timing much easier as far as when I was going to eat and where. For about 80% of my Dec '21 stay I was solo - with a scooter - so I would place my order about 5 minutes before I arrived at the location (unless I was already there) - find a table close enough to the food pick up and look for an outlet to charge my scooter that was far enough away from others for me to be ok with unmasking. Overall I never had to wait very long (I think Fantasyland & Adventureland at the MK took slightly longer but still within a reasonable time. I would say that choosing a place with mobile ordering vs not - I'd choose the mobile option.

Personally, I can't stand the mobile ordering process and wish Disney would scrap it altogether or at very minimum, make it a secondary option rather than a primary.
Would love to know what about the process turned you off?.

What do you dislike about it?
I like not having to stand in a long line waiting to order.
since most restaurants will not let people in until their food is ready, I love that it is much easier to find a table as people can't save tables while they are waiting in line.

If there is any modification to the orders (no ketchup, other types) I find it difficult to make mods. Seems they could also open more than one line for walk ups for those who don't like mobile ordering or those who aren't as tech savvy.

If there is any modification to the orders (no ketchup, other types) I find it difficult to make mods. Seems they could also open more than one line for walk ups for those who don't like mobile ordering or those who aren't as tech savvy.
The amount of times I ended up ordering the kids burger so it's plain vs being able to order with it minus a few items.. is alot lol. So I can definitely agree .

I love mobile order. Skipping the line at karamell-kuche was a great time saver. We used to skip quick service as we hated the lines, but with mobile order we found that we actually like the quick service food.

i wish we could get our AP discount with mobile order, but we were willing to lose the discount to save that time. If we’re dropping 15 to save time in a LL line, I can pay an extra dollar to not wait in a quick service line.

also we would set up our mobile order while waiting in line for a ride then hit the I’m here button when we got off the ride. A great time saver.

I love mobile order. Skipping the line at karamell-kuche was a great time saver. We used to skip quick service as we hated the lines, but with mobile order we found that we actually like the quick service food.

i wish we could get our AP discount with mobile order, but we were willing to lose the discount to save that time. If we’re dropping 15 to save time in a LL line, I can pay an extra dollar to not wait in a quick service line.

also we would set up our mobile order while waiting in line for a ride then hit the I’m here button when we got off the ride. A great time saver.
QS restaurants don't have an AP discount, so you aren't really missing out on that.
I use the same method for my mobile orders, the only time it doesn't work is when it takes my family longer to decide what they want than it takes to get on the ride.

I'm just back and mobile ordering was a MESS. Waits were 40-60 minutes and IF it was ready then..... We ordered for sleepy hollow before leaving French Quarter, got there and still waited 40 minutes. Noodle bowl place in Pandora was even worse.

Can you ask for fountain water when you pick up your food or is there an option for the free water while ordering ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter