Mobile Order at Voodoo?

wdwrule

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had recent reports of successfully mobile ordering from Voodoo Doughnuts? When I look in the app, sometimes Voodoo is listed in the mobile ordering section and some days/times it is not.

We successfully completed a mobile order from Voodoo in May-so it has been awhile. I submitted the order and it was ready about an hour later. I walked up and there was a stand outside (cooler) and I picked it up with no wait. Not sure if this is still possible. Very easy if it is available and I highly recommend because the line is always really long, especially at night.

We tried one night on our last trip in late July. It let you put the donuts in your cart, but when you tried to check out, it said mobile ordering wasn't available.

The next night, we didn't try. We stood in the long line and as we were almost at the front, we saw 4 or 5 people walk right up with mobile orders. So I quickly tried to do that and the app wouldn't accept my credit card info for some reason. It kept saying, as soon as I clicked submit on the CC stuff, that it timed out. Instantly timed out.

We did it last week of July. It was great for us- we placed the order in the park, strolled up, clicked that we were here, and 10 minutes later we were notified to do to the inside cashier.

We had horrid experiences in March where we would place an order and they told us the order wouldn’t be ready for at least an hour.

We were successful last week mobile ordering. Had dinner at Margaritaville. Ordered from there, then clicked we were there. Walked right in and picked up a dozen with no wait. I felt bad for the 40 people in line….not really. :)

Reactions: CJK
We were successful with mobile order at Voodoo a couple days ago. It was quick and easy and definitely better than waiting in the long line.

Awesome thanks everyone! Headed there super soon so hopefully I’ll have some good luck with it.

We have done it most times we are there. Most recently last Tuesday. I ordered while we were eating dinner at Big Fire. We popped into IOA to do a quick ride on Hulk after. When walking out of IOA I hit the prepare order button and by the time I got over to Voodoo it was ready. There was about a 20 minute line outside. We have learned to enable location services for the app to always while we are at Universal (or Disney with MDE for that matter). Seems to make mobile orders work much better.

OP here and mobile ordering from Voodoo ended up being a breeze after all. We used it this week late one night around park close and another time during early evening. It was wonderful both times to be able to just walk up and pick up our box of doughnuts. Thanks again!

By the way, our son had been looking throughout the parks for churros and caramel sauce but all of the vendors only sold churros with chocolate sauce. He ordered the churro stand doughnut and that definitely quenched his craving… and ordered it again the next day. I tried a bite and it was delicious and filled with dulce de leche!!

By the way, our son had been looking throughout the parks for churros and caramel sauce but all of the vendors only sold churros with chocolate sauce. He ordered the churro stand doughnut and that definitely quenched his craving… and ordered it again the next day. I tried a bite and it was delicious and filled with dulce de leche!!

Jealous! Apparently that donut is limited time. I'm glad he got to enjoy two.

Are the fritters (apple or Memphis mafia) not available via mobile order? In preparation for an upcoming trip, I have been looking at the mobile ordering options but I never see those listed.

Are the fritters (apple or Memphis mafia) not available via mobile order? In preparation for an upcoming trip, I have been looking at the mobile ordering options but I never see those listed.
Good question. We've never been able to make it the whole way through mobile ordering there, but we did notice not everything showed up on the list.

I don’t remember seeing those in the mobile order app when we had ordered. I just looked on the list in the app again and I don’t see fritters listed at all.

Odd. We tried to mobile order from Voodoo at about 9:30 tonight, and it was not listed in the City Walk list (but other places were).

Odd. We tried to mobile order from Voodoo at about 9:30 tonight, and it was not listed in the City Walk list (but other places were).
I almost always see Voodoo on the mobile order list however I do think sometimes there’s a glitch. That, or mobile order for Voodoo gets very busy at night especially near park closing so maybe they shut it down to keep up with the orders?? We typically order and click on “I’m here” an hour or two prior to when we’ll pick them up (for evening orders) because it can take awhile at Voodoo.

We've mobile ordered from VooDoo every night of our last two Uni trips - I have a 17 year old son that can eat his weight. Usually 4 donuts each time. Works great. I tap "I'm here" as we're leaving the park or a few minutes before.

They do shut it down when it gets busy. We mobile ordered one night last month. When we went to pick up I heard the worker telling people that the store was backed up so they shut down mobile ordering to let them catch up. We got lucky and got in before they shut it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter