• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobile food ordering

beachfan

Mouseketeer
If you are ordering from a reservations table restaurant that is fully booked / do you just take a chance that a table will be available? We don’t want to be balancing our food and trying to eat at the same time

Mobile ordering is for quick service only. I don't think you can even order from lounges at TS restaurants. If you want a table service meal, you need to book a reservation.
As far as tables around the counter service places, it's hit or miss depending on the place. You can always get a time around when you want to eat, find a table and then say you are there so you have the table while waiting and don't have to look after you get your meal.

I don’t think you’re meant to try to find a table there after ordering your food from the restaurant. I often do Steakhouse 71 To Go, and we just grab a table upstairs near the windows by Contempo Cafe, or eat in our room if we are staying at a monorail resort.

Similarly, we eat our food from Trattoria To Go at one of the tables by the water on the boardwalk. Ale & Compass To Go in our room or the Solarium at Beach Club.

Mobile ordering doesn’t get you a table at the sit down restaurant. Just food.

If you are ordering from a reservations table restaurant that is fully booked / do you just take a chance that a table will be available? We don’t want to be balancing our food and trying to eat at the same time
Yes, you are taking a chance. For your purposes, this isn’t a table service, period. You can take it back to your room… which is what I do with Kona… or try to find a spot to sit and eat. If this is a concern, I would suggest you scope out areas to sit before you order.

As pointed out, this is actually QS from a TS restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter