Moana---SUPER BUMMED

Here's my reply:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

From time to time we make changes to our offerings – including our
Character Greeting locations around property. We are sorry for any
disappointment any of our changes may cause and have shared your
comments with our Leadership teams. Please follow our blog at
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ for information regarding any
new Character Greeting locations.

I am available Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST at
407-828-1403 EST should you need to contact me directly.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope your
upcoming visit is filled with the happiest of moments.

Warmest Regards,

Maria Kendricks
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-828-1403

My little cousins love Moana.

We were perplexed not only by the lack of Moana nods, but the merchandise as well. I know Disney took some slack last year for its Moana merchandise but still—they had close to nothing for a pretty popular movie!

I hope she is back by September. We are going Labor Day weekend and attending the MNSSHP on the 1 st. My daughters are dressing as Moana for the party and they really want to meet her. As others have mentioned I heard rumors she will be moving to adventure land but I guess we'll see.

My email response actually said there weren't plans for her to have a M&G at this time.

I'm taking this to mean they're not openly committing to anything yet.

My kids would not only love to meet Moana (ha, look at my avatar) but also Maui! Let's hear it for more diversity in the M&G too - Moana, Mulan, Tiana and Elena are the only diverse princesses, right?

We have a Maui talking doll at home. The girls love it. But it is kind of sad that there isn't a ton of merchandise. Her costume isn't super sparkly or fancy, and there aren't a ton of things to buy since she spends most of the movie on a little boat. Sigh.

After the racism flap over the Maui kids costume, there is zero chance Disney is putting that character in the parks.

After the racism flap over the Maui kids costume, there is zero chance Disney is putting that character in the parks.
Uh... I never even heard of a Maui kids costume, but I can only imagine! Yikes. Off to google... :-\

I can't tell you how many times our family has watched Moana! They are letting an opportunity pass if Disney doesn't incorporate Moana into a park long term.

I'm not expecting another M&G. The merchandise wasnt popular so they removed most of it and neither was the movie. The movie did well initially but I dont think it has done well since

I'm not expecting another M&G. The merchandise wasnt popular so they removed most of it and neither was the movie. The movie did well initially but I dont think it has done well since
Which seems completely strange to me. My kids love it. It's their favorite. We searched and searched for a shirt with hei-hei on it with "boat snack". None exists

We are arriving in June and my daughter was looking forward to meeting Moana! I hope they move her to Adventure land before our trip! I've also been looking for that plush Pua! We saw it at the Disney Store and my daughter begged for it and I told her to wait for her birthday next week. I went back a week later to buy it and they were sold out! They said they've gotten a lot of calls from people looking for Pua so I think the demand for merchandise is there, they just didn't make enough.

We are arriving in June and my daughter was looking forward to meeting Moana! I hope they move her to Adventure land before our trip! I've also been looking for that plush Pua! We saw it at the Disney Store and my daughter begged for it and I told her to wait for her birthday next week. I went back a week later to buy it and they were sold out! They said they've gotten a lot of calls from people looking for Pua so I think the demand for merchandise is there, they just didn't make enough.

https://www.disneystore.com/plush-toys-pua-plush-disney-moana-large-17/mp/1414089/1000267/

I have to agree, it seems like they thought of the movie but didn't think that essentially a buddy movie with no fancy princess costume, that takes place mostly on a boat in the middle of the ocean, would not lead to a ton of merch to sell the kids. That said, we have the talking Maui and he is a hit at our house.

Posable kakamora, or a Mr. Potato Head - like Tematoa (with shiny stuff to stick on his shell) would be fun!

I'm really hoping Moana comes back in time for our trip in August. She is now officially my DD's favourite Princess ( her words!)

Claire :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter