• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moana in WDW?

PAprincesses

Earning My Ears
Is there any chance or rumors that Moana will be in WDW by August? We really want to meet her, and I'm shocked that Disney isn't capitalizing on her popularity and recent movie!

No.

She was at HS for a little while, then she was replaced by Starlord and baby Groot. Was rumored for months she would get a meet and greet at MK, but that's been nothing but a rumor. So I wouldn't count on it.

Currently I believe you can only see her on the boat during Fantasmic

I think she may of met at the parties but no set meet at this time
I’m still surprised Starlord wasn’t replaced by Miguel from Coco at DHS

I think she’s only at Disneyland, unless that’s changed too.

She was in HS for a bit before Starlord took over. Starlord meet and greets are pretty awesome tho

Is there any chance or rumors that Moana will be in WDW by August? We really want to meet her, and I'm shocked that Disney isn't capitalizing on her popularity and recent movie!

They did capitalize on it. For about 4 solid months the only way you could see her was by buying a special events ticket (MNSSHP and MVMCP).

She’s also highly integrated into Aulani. She hangs out for storytelling at the fire pit, helps make the little canoes for the canoe racing activities, and a few other things. She’s around there almost all day, and it’s wonderful! I know it’s not WDW, just making the point that they’ve definitely included her in the Disneyverse :).

If your budget stretches then fly to Paris.
She will be doing meet and greets everyday in the studios at DLP. :-)
This post kills me. I had enough points for us to fly cheap to Paris, but my husband thought the kids too young. Next year, I'll try to make it happen!

Do you think it's because of a lack of good lookalikes? Otherwise I don't get it.

That is about my only guess. Especially since they still have Merida and while I personally loved Brave, I didn't think it was nearly as popular or well-received as Moana.

That is about my only guess. Especially since they still have Merida and while I personally loved Brave, I didn't think it was nearly as popular or well-received as Moana.
I don’t know whenever we’ve tried to wait for Merida it’s either been too late in the day and she’s gone or her line is super long.... I really want to do that meet one day though

I don’t know whenever we’ve tried to wait for Merida it’s either been too late in the day and she’s gone or her line is super long.... I really want to do that meet one day though

Oh, I'm not saying her meet isn't popular. I've done it myself (happened upon it in the morning and just waited - that works for me since I've never been into commando touring) and she was seriously the best character interaction I've had at WDW.

I'm just saying that I didn't think the movie had the kind of buzz that Moana did.

I don't think Brave even came close to the popularity of Moana

That's what I thought.

That's why the "harder to find people to portray the character" thing seems to be the only thing that makes sense as to why they'd have Merida and not Moana doing meets.

When I was on my Keys to the Kingdom tour in August, the topic of Moana as a meet and greet came up. Our tour guide said there had actually been auditions for Moana, but there were not enough people that auditioned to fill the 15 "friends of Moana" that an ongoing meet and greet would require.

When I was on my Keys to the Kingdom tour in August, the topic of Moana as a meet and greet came up. Our tour guide said there had actually been auditions for Moana, but there were not enough people that auditioned to fill the 15 "friends of Moana" that an ongoing meet and greet would require.

I heard this as well.

Brave performed better than Moana in the US if you take inflation into account.

As far as merch, I feel like there was more Brave stuff around at the time. At least the dresses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter