MNSSHP With Fatigue

Should I go to MNSSHP on my Birthday?

• Yes

• No, go to the other party instead

Results are only viewable after voting.

OneLittleSpark

A Michaelmusophobia Sufferer (please don't hate me
Hey everyone! We'll be going back to our Happy Place next month :woohoo:, and have decided to hit one of the September Halloween Parties. There are two we could go to - the 15th and the 18th - and I was hoping to get opinions from all you lovely people on which we should go for.

I've got Fibromyalgia, which gives me all sorts of fun joint pains and fatigue issues. The joint issues can be kept at bay with my wheelchair and meds, and I've done Disney with the joint problems before, but the fatigue has come along since our last trip. I should be fine around the parks day-to-day, as we're out there for a fortnight, are going during a quiet time, and I'm an old-pro and know all the tips and tricks :thumbsup2. My only concern is for the party.

One of the parties falls on my Birthday. It would be really good fun to go along to the party then, and have it as my own special Birthday party :rotfl:. However, I'd also like to spend at least some of the day in the parks. I've never done any ticketed parties before, so don't know how tiring they'll be. What are your feelings on the party, and how wearing it is?

Obviously, I'm not planning to do a whole day in the parks, running straight into an all-nighter at the party, because that would knock me out for days. Whichever party we go to, I'm planning to spend a fair chunk of the day relaxing at the resort, then head off to the party about 5ish. If we went on my Birthday, I'd want to spend a couple of hours at MK, probably first thing before the heat and lines got too bad. If we went to the other party, we could spend the whole day at the resort, if we needed to. I know that everyone's fatigue is slightly different, but does this some like it might be doable?

Also, any tips for doing the party with fatigue? I'm going to be using my wheelchair everywhere in the parks (I did consider an ECV, but I think it will be less stressful and less tiring to use my own wheels), and the fella is happy to push me when I need it. We won't be running around like maniacs trying to get every autograph and hit every candy station three times, just see the parade and fireworks, and enjoy the Disney magic :goodvibes!

All help and advice greatfully recieved!

That's a hard one! My DH has RA, and has the same issues with joint pain and fatigue. The excitement of being in Disney, and his love for being in Disney can help overcome some of the pain, but he does pay for it when he gets back home.

Since you are a Disney vet, and you know how to couple the parks and all the running around with appropriate rest that you have to have. I would say that you would be fine spending a few hours in the park in the am, and then coming back later for the MNSSHP.

On the other hand - Birthdays are fun special days, and a lot of planning has to go into the balance of double parks, and getting the required rest. You can't be very flexible when there are places that you have to be (Like a Hard Ticket event)

So this is my opinion. Go to the other MNSSHP. You can plan on taking it very easy that day. Flexibility on what goes on during that day is much easier. Also once you get to the party, you will likely want to stay as close to Midnight as your body will allow. The party is just too much fun too leave at 9!

Then on your birthday - go do whatever it is you want to be doing at that exact moment. Have a sudden hankering to see the 3 o'clock parade! Go for it. You don't have to worry about being rested enough to make it through MNSSHP.

Hmmm... some very good points indeed :scratchin. I suppose, to be able to really get the most out of both the party and my Birthday could require more energy than I have in one day. I don't want to miss anything because I've burnt myself out, even if the idea of going to the party on my Birthday does sound like fun. I'll have to have a think about this one. Thank you for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter