MNSSHP vs. MVMCP

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Is the Halloween as crowded as the Christmas party? And how do they compare? I've seen people say they like the Halloween one better, but why?

The crowds have been equal in my experience.

I like the Halloween party better because you feel the spirit all through the park. I was a bit disappointed in the Christmas party because it didn’t feel Christmas-y enough. For example, haunted Halloween music throughout vs. little to no holiday music throughout.

I’m sure others will disagree with me but that’s my experience.

I like the Halloween party better because you feel the spirit all through the park. I was a bit disappointed in the Christmas party because it didn’t feel Christmas-y enough. For example, haunted Halloween music throughout vs. little to no holiday music throughout.

I'm so glad you shared this! Went to MVMCP for the first time in December and was so disappointed in how I didn't feel Christmas-y! Hollywood Studios made me feel the Christmas spirit more than MK. Going to MNSSHP for the first time this year and I'm glad to hear it has a better atmosphere!

MNSSHP has exclusive entertainment and characters.
You can get unlimited candy.

MVMCP has special entertainment. However, the week of Christmas they have the fireworks and parade during normal hours. Of course, the parks are very crowded and it’s probably peak ticket prices. There are exlusive characters (some the same as MNSSHP) and characters in holiday attire, but many prefer the Halloween party characters. You can get unlimited cookies and hot chocolate, but how much can you really eat in one night? You can take cookies home, but they won’t keep more than a few days, unlike the candy.

I like MNSSHP much better then MVMcP I love the parade the fireworks tricker treating.

Multiple posts that debate this topic. I agree that Halloween Party is my preference, but both are equally worth going to. I think between the music, the dark, trick or treating, and people/characters in costumes throughout the park grants more holiday spirit than Xmas Party. Only exception is watching the Xmas Parade on Main St (only way to watch imo). That definitely gives you oodles of Xmas spirit.

If you are only going to MK then either party is fine. I like MVMCP better anyway. To be honest Universal has a better a Halloween party but it's more for older kids.

Now, if you plan to go to multiple Disney parks for your visit then I would definitely pick MVMCP. The other parks like Epcot has many holiday activities. The deluxe resorts are gorgeous for Christmas.

We prefer MNSSHP. The events, parades and fireworks are more exciting, IMHO. We did both events last year and MVMCP was kind of boring, IMHO. Holiday Wishes is quite dated and the parade went on forever. I much preferred the holiday activities in EP (that are already included in your ticket) and the new decorations at DHS.

I really shouldn't comment as I have only been to a MNSSHP...but I really had a great time! So much so that I really want to go to another one! I have been to the parks many times around Christmas and while the parks and resorts are beautiful, it is just crazy busy and crowded and if I wasn't a teacher with family in FL I probably wouldn't go back during that time...so attending a Christmas party doesn't entice me.

I just love the "feel" of MK at night and then you add the layer of Halloween and all the details they add for the party...it is really magical!

The Christmas party definitely isn't like it was "back in the day". I guess it's not PC to play Christmas music in the park anymore ...

We've done both. Its really personal preference but IMO, MNSSHP has the far superior parade and fireworks. Fun, catchy songs, unique characters, etc. The MVMCP parade and fireworks were not as memorable and the "snow" on Main Street was really only visible if you look up and into the light to see it falling. The cookies & cocoa take the place of the trick-or-treat candy, only they have the same snickerdoodle cookies at every stop. Unlike at the Halloween party, where mostly every candy stop has something a little different. Plus, it just seems like you can do more fun things with a Halloween theme. They are both worth doing once, but MVMCP was a one and done for us.

I like both parties but I like MNSSHP much more! I am not really a big Halloween person and I am crazy about Christmas. I can't really explain it. The Halloween party just has a very fun feel to it!

We loved MNSSHP!! We went on Halloween night and had such a blast. That being said we are going to our first MVMCP this November and I’m also looking forward to experiencing all that I can that night. I read that last year they had different food options at each treat station ( Mickey pretzels, cookies etc). Christmas is my favorite time of year so hopefully the party helps to get us in the holiday spirit :jumping1:

We loved MNSSHP!! We went on Halloween night and had such a blast. That being said we are going to our first MVMCP this November and I’m also looking forward to experiencing all that I can that night. I read that last year they had different food options at each treat station ( Mickey pretzels, cookies etc). Christmas is my favorite time of year so hopefully the party helps to get us in the holiday spirit :jumping1:
True - last year they have different treats at the MVMCP party stops.

I also like MNSSHP a bit better, but we still love MVMCP! I love the "spooky" park after dark and all the villains that you can't meet otherwise. I wish there were some more exclusive characters during the Christmas party. I keep wishing for Jiminey since he was in Mickey's Christmas Carol! We always go in early December if we opt for Christmas so it's over DH's birthday. I've heard mid-late December just gets nutty and we have no desire to be there for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter