MNSSHP - Trying to decide if it is worth doing

We've done MNSSHP on our last two trips. In 2015 with kids 5 & 7 we did to parties during our stay. We loved it so much that our trip last year booked 4 MNSSHP! We loved seeing all the different Halloween themed aspects of the party. The parade and fireworks were amazing! Waits for most rides were very small and you have the opportunity to see characters out that normally wouldn't be out. The trick or treating part was fun for the kids, but it wasn't a big deal to my girls. I would definitely recommend giving it a try if you think your kids could stay up late.

Thank you to all who responded. As for how late the kids can stay up it all depends. There are days they can make it to 8. And others where 11 rolls around and they are wide awake.

I think if we would decide on it, then we would most likely want to have a break in the day and have them both try to nap.

I think since we don’t know if we would be back during that time we would want to try to do it.
If you aren't sure you will be back at that time of year I would just go for it! It may be a one and done for you so might as well do everything you want to do. We are going for the first time in October this year and I don't see us being back at that time of year so we are planning on doing 2 Halloween parties.

We did it last year for the first time. It was a lot of fun. The parade, stage show and fireworks were great and worth the price.
We did not do any of the meet and greet or trick or treating.
We did a few rides, but the lines were longer than I expected.
We will go back again, but not for a few years.

We skipped it in September of 2012, haven’t been back when it was going on, and I’m still kicking myself. Definitely regret not going! We did hear the music when we watched Hallowishes from the Poly beach.

They have allergy friendly candy that they give out at the allergy friendly stations. It’s marked on the party guide. It’s mostly a lot of Surf Sweets but we love Surf Sweets!

You can do the regular trick or treating and then trade your candy in for an allergy-free bag I think at Guest Services or somewhere near there on Main Street. Or I think you can even skip the T&T lines and just pick up the bag on your way out. There were M&Ms, Starburst, and other typical drugstore candy in the regular lines. Can't recall if it was all Mars brand.

Thank you for this email info and sorry for not replying before now. We will definitely look more into this and I think we will since you never know when/if you will get back.

We've been to several over the years and had a blast at all except the last one we went to in 2013. It was just sooo crowded at the last party that it took away much of the enjoyment. Lines for everything. We've even been on Halloween Day before and it wasn't that crowded. I don't know if Disney had increased the number of tickets told or if it was just a fluke but it was packed.

We've never been to a party. We're considering taking the kids this year, but you actually raise my main concern with it here. I don't mind paying the extra admission, but it might not be worth it if Disney is going to sell enough tickets to fill the place.

We've never been to a party. We're considering taking the kids this year, but you actually raise my main concern with it here. I don't mind paying the extra admission, but it might not be worth it if Disney is going to sell enough tickets to fill the place.
They aren't selling enough to fill the place. People just tend to concentrate in the same areas.

I've been going to hard ticket events for years, and they are great, in my opinion. It depends on when you go, though. I find Tuesday or Thursday nights aren't as crowded as weekends. Last time we did the party only and got in at 3:45. I had already gotten 3 fps (the first was Space Mtn at 3:20 to 4:20 but we had no issues getting there on time. We bypassed the candy also, and ate dinner while they were clearing the park. You will definitely slow down with princess signatures, but should have no problem doing all the rides. If you get to Liberty Square by 4:30 or so you can see Jack Skellington and Sally. The line shouldn't bee to long yet. We got in line right away for the Christmas party one year and only waited around 25 minutes to meet Jack. The line for the Dwarfs was a bit longer though. We skipped it last time and had a great evening! I would do the party every time. Unfortunately this year we are going in between the MNSSHP and MVMCP.

check out Disney Tourist Blog.com

We're going this year on October 31st because well if you're staying over Halloween you've got to go right? Our kids are 4 and 7 so planning on a lazy morning, resort pool and a nap before heading off to the party. We've never been before, would be good to hear someone else's experiences of visiting on Halloween itself. I'm worried It may now be a mistake reading the other posters experience

I really loved it, but my DH proposed to me at the GF tea that afternoon. I just love seeing characters, who are already “costumed” in their own Halloween costumes.

We went in 2015, my kids were 5 & 3. We loved it. Tips:

-get spot for parade about 45 minutes early, in the Liberty Square area
-you can get into the park at 4, and make 3 fastpasses with these tickets (even if you used regular tickets at any park and had FPs with those)
-definitely dress up, I'm not a huge dress up guy, but my fam's picture of my son & me dressed as pirates and my wife & daughter as fairies is one of my faves
-if you're into character meets (esp rarer ones), definitely subscribe to Kenny the Pirate's character locator for locations and meeting times.

We did:

PP flight (FP)
met Peter Pan
7DMT (FP)
met Tinker bell
Space Ranger Spin
met Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet
met Jasmine & Genie
met Jafar
met Aladdin and Abu
Boo to you Parade
trick or treated 3 places
Magic Carpets
met Snow White
saw fireworks (from Fantasyland)
met Mickey

Personally I would do it. But I love Halloween and fall is my favorite season. I love filling up my fall with Halloween and fall activities! So for me it is a must do and I have done it before. If you have done it before and you are not a die hard Halloween lover then it may be a skip for you.

The longer you stay away from Main Street and the hub the less crowded the party will feel.

We're going this year - my kids are the same ages as yours - 4 and 7. We also have one with a peanut allergy and one with other allergies! I'm a Member of many Disney food allergy groups and everyone raves about the party and how well it's done for allergy kiddos. Have fun :)

We went in 2015 and absolutely loved it! My kids still talk about it to this day, it was one of our favorite Disney experiences to date!!!

We gone twice before and will go again this year. Love it. Definitely a different vibe and so much fun.

As an aside, when we’ve stayed at the CR, music from the fireworks was pumped in. So you get most of the show minus projections.

If you haven’t done it, do it. Then you can make your own assessment going forward as no one can accurately say what’s worth it for you.

My daughter and I go to Disney every fall break and we always do the MNSSHP. The crowds can be a bit much sometimes depending on where you are at during the party but its well worth it IMO. Not to mention all the candy and decorations make it a night to remember

My vote is yes!! If your budget allows, I would totally do it. I have done both the Halloween and Christmas parties and prefer Halloween so much that I am purposely going back this year to attend Halloween night. The parade is fantastic! I felt odd at first to Trick or Treat as an adult but the CMs assured me that yes, do it, that's what it's here for and have fun! I cannot tell you how much fun it was to Trick or Treat again at age 27 after so many years of not having done it. Sitting in the hub grass, eating tons of candy and ice cream while waiting for the fireworks was just so fun. I say go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter