MNSSHP Trick-Or-Treating Logistics

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!
I am looking into the potential of doing MNSSHP with my family when we go down if the dates align with our trip at the end of August. If that happens, any suggestions on how to handle candy from trick-or-treating when going on rides? We are big ride junkies, and candy junkies. I'm assuming it's going to be difficult to hold the candy bags full of candy while going on Space Mountain, if you know what I mean.
Thanks!

It's actually not that difficult. Disney rides tend to accommodate bags and such. Most have a small compartment or bag/netting to secure articles. Really they won't go flying everywhere anyway. People ride all the time with gift shop bags, backpacks, etc. Also, it is good to hit the Treat Trails toward the end of the night after the crowds have thinned out.

They do give you bags, but if your family is like mine, we hit every station and the bag does get full. I would suggest bringing a small backpack of some kind to put the candy in for rides and just for carrying since the parties can be long nights.

They do give you bags, but if your family is like mine, we hit every station and the bag does get full. I would suggest bringing a small backpack of some kind to put the candy in for rides and just for carrying since the parties can be long nights.

They will give you another bag if you fill yours up, but it is easier to just bring something larger.

Wait til the end to Trick or Treat. They give more candy at the end of the night and you don't have to lug it around all night.

I have taken along extra ziploc type bags and put the candy in it. If I go on a ride, I zip it closed. No worries. Enjoy!

It does not take many stops to have it add up. We had a huge amount from 5 stops with 3 people. It was ridiculous the amount of candy we got.

Wait til the end to Trick or Treat. They give more candy at the end of the night and you don't have to lug it around all night.

This is the best advice you can get! Trust all the folks who tell you that there are plenty of treats all night long. Also you can visit the same stop several times, in a row, as long as you go to the back of the lin each time. Never bother with a line that looks long... but most are not and move quickly, too. Most have similar treat assortments, too. A few people seem determined to recoup their ticket price in take-home goodies, and if that makes them happy, why not? We certainly come away with more than we need, and don't spend a lot of time collecting. Hit a stop or two to have as munchies during the parade and fireworks, but otherwise do everything else FIRST.

We did make an exception for the stop tucked in by Pete's Silly Sideshow last Halloween...they were handing out little containers of cold chocolate milk and tasty cookies. Perfect for pack snacking.

My son HAS to visit each stand, unfortunately for us so we hit each one during the night. But it doesn't usually take long. We always bring the candy back and use it for trick or treating for our neighborhood kids. No way we could ever eat that much candy!!

We carried a Jansport Disney mini backpack with us and in between eating it in line and stuffing it in the backpack / carrying the bags they give you... we were fine. We didn't ride Space Mountain but on 7DMT there was a space up front where you could tuck backpacks, purses, etc.

Have a great time!!! MNSSHP is awesome and it's good candy that they give out, too! Tons of M&Ms, all the flavors!

Here's the backpack if anyone's interested- https://www.jansport.com/shop/en/ja..._sp=disneylanding-_-shopbycharacter-_-shopall

I rather like using the $5 reusable tote bag that Disney sells around the parks (plus they usually have a year specific Halloween version) - this holds plenty of candy and is easy to bring around the park and easy to trick or treat with. I've been able to bring it onto most rides with no issues - the only ride I had a (very small) issue on was BTM last year when a little bit of candy spilled out of the bag.

Otherwise a drawstring bag would probably work quite well also.

Like others have said, the tiny bag that Disney gives you fills up very fast and isn't anywhere near large enough for a night of Disney trick or treating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter