• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

MNSSHP on Halloween???

pezheadval

Mouseketeer
We are taking our daughter (who will be almost 3) to Disney World in the last 2 weeks of October and 1st week of November.

My question is this...should we get tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Halloween night or go another night?

I thought that it would be fun to be there on actual Halloween, but know it will be packed. I was thinking that maybe we would go on another night for MNSSHP and do another activity on Halloween. Are there other fun things to do at the resorts or Downtown Disney on Halloween night? Trick or Treating? Parties? What would you suggest?

I would like to know the answer to this too. In fact we will be leaving for WDW the day before you do!!

We could have gone a couple of night but chose to go Halloween night because I didn't want to be stuck doing nothing special on Halloween. If I'm going to be at WDW for Halloween I might as well do it right! Our 2 DD's (3 and 6) were very excited about trick or treating at MK on Halloween!!!

Well, it was crowded BUT the trick or treat lines went VERY fast. If you get to the park when the party first starts (or earlier), the lines for the free photo aren't long yet. Avoid the first parade and trick or treat or do rides during it.

It was so much fun even though it was crowded! The atmosphere can't be beat . The fireworks were amazing and so was the parade!

I remember reading posts here asking if there would be anything else to do besides the Halloween party, on Halloween, and there never was so I was very glad I planned to be at MK on Halloween.

When will the dates for the MNSSHP be announced? Have they been? We are going the third week in Oct.
Thanks.

Originally posted by VanessaH
When will the dates for the MNSSHP be announced? Have they been? We are going the third week in Oct.
Thanks.

Yes, they are on sale as of yesterday!!!!

Oct. 3, 5, 10, 14, 16, 19, 24, 26, 30, 31

We got our MNSSHP tickets for the 30th. We are hoping that there will be some other activities to do on Halloween. The CM we spoke to said that last year they did Trick-or-Treat at Downtown Disney, so that would be neat. She also said that they will probably announce Halloween activities, other then MNSSHP, about a week before Halloween.

We will be there on the 31st. We are flying in Oct.31st in the morning, get settled, then go over the MK for the party. It is the only night we can go, so crowds or not it should be a Halloween the kids will never forget!

My family and I have been to the last 10 MNSSHP.It is our ALL TIME FAVORITE thing to do at WDW! :)

When we have gone the last week of Oct. I never get our tickets for Halloween night.We love Halloween and the dressing up part of it so we like to stretch it out a bit! On Halloween night we like to Trick or Treat at MKTPL at DTD.The Boardwalk has had some activities going on in the past such as pumpkin carving and character appearances.

DO NOT worry about crowds at MNSSHP.There is a limited amount of tickets sold for the event.Disney is very closed mouth about the actual attendance but the rides are very doable.Fantasyland gets a little crowded earlier in the evening but thins out as the night goes on and little ones wear out! I've never waited more than 10 mins in a ride line at on a party night.The Mts are practically WALK ONS! We've ridden Splash Mt 3 times in a row without leaving our log!

I have a few more hints but have to sign off right now...we're about to get a thunderstorm!! :eek:

More later!

I did go to MNSSHP on Halloween 2002. We had such a great time. Get there early, they let us in by 5 Pm at least. We could ride other attractions until he park officially closed, then they had us go to Fantasyland. The rides in the beginning, before the official start time, were very light in fantasyland. Looking back I may pick a differet night to attend the party, there is alot going on in other areas of WDW on Halloween. Parties at Boardwalk, DD and other resorts. PR had a pumpkin display, carved by their cast members. We did go to Magic Kingdom entrance the folowing night, sat on a bench to watch the crowd of people show up for the party, all in costume. Fun way to spend an hour or so. Almost like a costume parade.:jester:
Ride lines are very short most of evening, if you do not have little ones in your group, try to stay as late as possible, lines become nonexistent. Also watch the second parade, you'll appreciate the rest time.

Goodness..we had thunderstorms most of the night...nice background sound to set the mood while writing about Halloween but didn't want my PC to blow up...now that would be scarey!!! :eek: :eek:

jwwi had a great suggestion on arriving early.When you arrive you get a MNSSHP wristband so they know you're there for the party .I've never been that much earlier (usually arrive at 6p.m.) but I think we'll try 5p.m. this year.I think that's a really great idea if you need to rent a stroller or wheel chair.It's really something getting there while thousands of others are exiting....it looks like mass confusion as you arrive but it goes quite smoothly!

My biggest tip is the day of the party have a light schedule and take a NAP the afternoon of the party! I can't stress this enough!! :) My boys were 9 last year and we still did this.Even if they didn't actually sleep they watched t.v. and rested...Joe and I slept! LOL! You want to be able to stay as late as possible because the later it gets the more the crowd thins out.It seems alot of people start exiting after the fireworks which is shortly after the first parade.

Tip about fireworks...try and see "the special guest" that takes over Tinkersbells flight before the fireworks begins.The BEST viewing area is on the bridge to Tomorrowland.

Costume tip...make sure your child's costume is COMFORTABLE and EASY to get around in.You'll be getting on and off rides and do not want anything that is cumbersome.
I also suggest something in a light weight fabric.Those of us that are accustom to Halloweens up North are use to Trick or Treating in something warm.I grew up in Indiana and it was always cold and/or raining when I was a Trick or Treater! The costumes that are sold through the Disney catalog,like Tigger or Pooh,the jump suit FUR type ones,those are really TOO HEAVY for a Halloween in Florida!The most we've ever needed at MNSSHP is a light jacket or sweatshirt.I make my boys costumes.Let's see the costumes I can remember... Erich has been a Mickey,a pirate ,a t-rex,a turtle,a triceratops,an Ewok.Jonathan and Erich were Teenage Ninja Turtles in '01 and Pokemon in '02.I make the costumes from shorts and t-shirts.Then I have a sweatshirt and sweatpants that are the same color that they can wear over the shorts and under the shirt if the night is chilly.Joe and I have worn light jackets.

If your little girl is going to be a Princess or something quite lovely... I know she looks adorable in those glass slippers but bring sneakers or some other comfortable shoe for her to wear.I've seen little ones dragging around crying about their feet hurting because they're in those plastic dress up shoes which are killing them! :(

Here's Disneys "official " guidlines for costumes at MNSSHP:

They should not interfere with their ability to board and unboard attractions and WDW transportation system..

Do not drag on the ground.

Do not contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.

Be offensive to other guest.

Should not contain any weapon(s) which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

About the last one....when Erich was the pirate he had a flexible rubber pirate knife with a skull on the end.When the boys were Ninja Turtle's one had plastic swords strapped to his back and the other the little plastic daggers in his belt.We had NO PROBLEMS either time with these props.

Well that's about all I can think of right now,oh I have a question for those of you going this year...

What are you or your little ones dressing up as for MNSSHP?

My boys want to be black Ninjas..oh boy...I'm hoping I can talk them into something a little more fun and colorful to wear...after all I have almost 5 to months to convince them!! ;)

Happy Haunting!

lUVTOGO that is exactly what we are doing. Leaving EWR 7.00am getting to AKL around 10.30 -11am. Having some nice late breakfast early lunch, checking in, hanging out by the pool, taking a nap, hopfully getting a PS 60 days ahead for LTT early dinner and then enjoying the MNSSHP.

Wow!!! What great info! Thanks so much!
I am really looking forward to our first MNSSHP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter