MNSSHP Is NOT worth it

We actually had tickets for the party for the 22nd, but I injured my hip and was in a lot of pain and didn't go. I'm glad we didn't if the experiences here are an indication! We had enough of unusually large crowds (for September) during the day! The other two times we went, the crowds were low, the lines were non existent and we had an absolute blast!!

That's disappointing to hear. We will be there next week so I will set myself up to expect this. Back when we first started going in the fall (2013ish) we thought crowds were really low and we would always aim for this time of year. .

To be fair, it could be all the hurricane dodgers. A lot of people moved their vacation back. I think that unsettled the crowd dynamic.

Sorry you had a bad time. Could be a variety of reasons. AP discounts may be ending, rescheduled hurricane trips, CM discounts, if there is any conference, sports events or school events too. I've seen a lot of re schedulers from the hurricanes going on. The hurricanes affected so much more than Florida so you may have thousands more people there overall in the coming months.

Oh no, my family had a blast! The Boo to You! Parade and the Hocus Pocus show are absolutely my favorite Disney entertainment. I don't typically like Halloween stuff in general, so I was surprised at how fun everything was! I loved the magic shots too! The improv performers Madame (something) and the butler were HILARIOUS but were only out there sporadically and for short periods of time. It was so fun seeing homemade costumes.

That being said, the character lines were horrendous. We went to two MNSSHPs and only did 1 popular character line each time. First party we waited more than 1 hour for 7 dwarfs, the second party was nearly 2 hours for Moana. I totally regret waiting for Moana, but we got super cute pictures of Moana teaching my daughter Polynesian dance moves. We did not devote any time trick-or-treating.

It was nearly as crowded as during the day, had to camp out for seats for the shows 1 hour prior to show start. People were rude and bumping into us. I got body checked, but I guess people have rough days.

We just went last week, drove 30hours round trip to do MNSSHP and then 1 day at Food and Wine, lol! The beginning if the party was crowded, I agree. We watched the first parade at 9:15 ( it started late,,and no headless horsemen) then hustled over for Hallowishes. We ALMOST went home, because we had gotten up at 530 am to finish our drive in, but decided to go to k or treat and ride a few rides. The lines had died down so significantly, I couldn't believe it! We looped around at 1115 to see the headless horsemen and then went on more rides, with NO waits! Of course it was 1130 by then, but we walked on Peter Pan and then went to 7 Dwarves. Wait time was posted at 20 minutes, we were like, ok. CM kept telling us it was "more like 30 or 40 minutes" over and over again, she was seriously trying to dissuade us! We were in and off the ride in 13 minutes! So glad we didn't listen! We left the park about 1230...bus to POP was a looooonnnnggg wait. That was a downer! But over all had a fantastic time!

It'll be my husband and I's first time there, I hope I'm not disappointed. I want to meet Jack Skellington but I don't think I'll get that lucky.

It'll be my husband and I's first time there, I hope I'm not disappointed. I want to meet Jack Skellington but I don't think I'll get that lucky.
I know the lines for jack and sally are usually crazy. I believe they usually start at 5 though. From what Inunderstand you can usually guarantee a two hour wait for them. We dont do meet and greets when we go. I am totally addicted to the oarade and fireworks and we have gone last year and this year. Last year we went on actual halloween and it was great!! I didnt think the crowds were out of control at all. This year we went on aug 29th and it was CRAZY crowded. I was really surprised. I figured florida kids were back in school and it was a tuesday so it wouldnt be bad. I was soooo wrong. We still had a blast and could pretty much walk on to any ride we wanted though, especially the later it got.

Dont forget you CAN schedule FPs from 4-6 on party days if you plan to get in as soon as you are allowed.

Also dont try to leave right after the fireworks unless you want to be waiting in transportation lines for an hour and a half. Just hang out at the park. We left right before the 2nd parade and got a bus back to the resort immediately. Last year though we left right after the fireworks because DD just couldnt hang anymore, and boy did we regret it.

I know the lines for jack and sally are usually crazy. I believe they usually start at 5 though. From what Inunderstand you can usually guarantee a two hour wait for them. We dont do meet and greets when we go. I am totally addicted to the oarade and fireworks and we have gone last year and this year. Last year we went on actual halloween and it was great!! I didnt think the crowds were out of control at all. This year we went on aug 29th and it was CRAZY crowded. I was really surprised. I figured florida kids were back in school and it was a tuesday so it wouldnt be bad. I was soooo wrong. We still had a blast and could pretty much walk on to any ride we wanted though, especially the later it got.

Dont forget you CAN schedule FPs from 4-6 on party days if you plan to get in as soon as you are allowed.

Also dont try to leave right after the fireworks unless you want to be waiting in transportation lines for an hour and a half. Just hang out at the park. We left right before the 2nd parade and got a bus back to the resort immediately. Last year though we left right after the fireworks because DD just couldnt hang anymore, and boy did we regret it.
Thanks for the tip :) We have an early dinner at 'Ohana so we'll definitely be there early enough to possibly meet Jack.

i too thought the Halloween Party was a bust... i liked the halloween themed items and decor but honestly not worth it. we got free tickets to the Christmas party the last time we were there which was a lot better, saw a great show w/ acapella groups, free hot cocoa, and cookies. Honestly I would save my money for Christmas Party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter