MNSSHP - Here's What Happens!

Only at LTT. The CMs make up their faces like HM CMs and the characters wear eye masks or a festive apron, not really costumes though.
Actually, at Tony's the waiters also dress up with makeup and get into the festiveness of the season. It was a pleasant surprise when my DH and I ate before the party last year. We had a dinner time of 4:30 and sat outside. We were able to watch all the party-goers come in dressed in their costumes and also the flag ceremony. that would be my tip to others...choose Tony's as a place for dinner before the party begins. Although it did rain on us last year while we were out on the porch...but passed over soon enough.
I know in years past, DH and I have chosen to eat at LTT before the party but I wanted to mix it up a little last year. I'm glad I did!

Actually, at Tony's the waiters also dress up with makeup and get into the festiveness of the season. It was a pleasant surprise when my DH and I ate before the party last year. We had a dinner time of 4:30 and sat outside. We were able to watch all the party-goers come in dressed in their costumes and also the flag ceremony. that would be my tip to others...choose Tony's as a place for dinner before the party begins. Although it did rain on us last year while we were out on the porch...but passed over soon enough.
I know in years past, DH and I have chosen to eat at LTT before the party but I wanted to mix it up a little last year. I'm glad I did!

That's true. I didn't mention Tony's because they are inconsistant with that. Some wear make up and some don't. Also, there's no characters.

I've eaten there twice before parties myself.

I am making my girls custom Autograph books. Does anyone know what characters are signing autographs at the party?

Love this thread!! We leave for Disney a week from today....next Wednesday at this time we'll be on our way to the World!! :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay:

Ok...now that I'm over that, I'm so excited about this party. This will be our first party and cannot wait!! We're going Friday, Sept 19.

Our "plan" (with a 1 and 4 year old) is to trick or treat and ride rides and see charcters during the first parade. We'll watch the second parade and Wishes. I'm planning on taking the camcorder so we can tape the fireworks and parade in case they fall asleep. (Overall, I want to tape more this time so the kids can watch it between trips) :goodvibes

We're also eating at Tony's at 4:30 before the party officially begins. DS4 is heading to the BBB in the castle for a "Cool Dude" appointment before dinner so it should be a fun afternoon all around!

I can't wait to read more about what everyone's finding out and sharing from their experiences with the party. I'm going to have to restrain myself from buying Halloween things at the party! :rolleyes1

My "Must Dos" for the Party (as of right now) kind of in order of importance:
HAVE FUN!!!
Photopass picture with DMIL and my boys at castle and Cindy's carriage
Meet charaters
Trick or Treat
Wishes
Parade
Rides

Ok...ready to see more pictures and hear what's happening there!

I know there are specials(Pins ,T Shirts etc) to buy during Halloween but are they only available on the hard ticket nights ?
Where are they sold?

Here is something I have been wondering about, but have not seen asked (so I guess I must be the only one who worries about this stuff! :rotfl: ) . . .
if you go at 4:00 . . . do you go dressed up, or do you bring your costume & put it in a locker?

Thanks!:hmghost:

Here is something I have been wondering about, but have not seen asked (so I guess I must be the only one who worries about this stuff! :rotfl: ) . . .
if you go at 4:00 . . . do you go dressed up, or do you bring your costume & put it in a locker?

Thanks!:hmghost:

This is from last year, but we insanely got to the Mk at like 10 am and stored our costumes, around 4:00 we changed into costume. There were a fair number of people coming in at 4:00 with their party gear on (dressed up). This year we plan on getting there at 4:00 with our costumes on

I know there are specials(Pins ,T Shirts etc) to buy during Halloween but are they only available on the hard ticket nights ?
Where are they sold?

According to dizpins at http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/wdw_mnsshp_2008.htm,
Individual Limited Edition Pins will be released at the following locations. Guests may purchase up to two (2) pins, per style, per party.

Uptown Jewelers - Main Street, U.S.A.® Area
Emporium - Main Street, U.S.A.® Area
Town Square Exposition Hall - Main Street, U.S.A.® Area
Frontierland Trading Post - Frontierland® Area
Fantasy Faire - Fantasyland® Area
Mickey's Star Traders - Tomorrowland® Area

Passholder Exclusive Pin - Uptown Jewelers and Town Square Exposition Hall located on Main Street, U.S.A.® or Frontierland Trading Post in the Frontierland® Area. Passholders MUST present valid a Walt Disney World® Annual Pass to purchase up to two (2) pins per Passholder, per party.

Jumbo Pin - Uptown Jewelers and Town Square Exposition Hall located on Main Street, U.S.A.® or Frontierland Trading Post in the Frontierland® Area. Guests may purchase up to two (2) pins, per style, per party.

Boxed Pin Set - Uptown Jewelers and Town Square Exposition Hall located on Main Street, U.S.A.® or Frontierland Trading Post in the Frontierland® Area. Guests may purchase up to two (2) pins, per style, per party.

Framed Pin Set - Uptown Jewelers and Town Square Exposition Hall located on Main Street, U.S.A.® or Frontierland Trading Post in the Frontierland® Area. Guests may purchase up to two (2) framed sets per party. As an extra measure of convenience, Guests who purchase a framed pin set will have their set shipped to their home. The shipping charges are included in the retail price of the frame set.
They do take the pins out once the party starts. I imagine that they do the same for the shirts and other event specific merch.

This is from last year, but we insanely got to the Mk at like 10 am and stored our costumes, around 4:00 we changed into costume. There were a fair number of people coming in at 4:00 with their party gear on (dressed up). This year we plan on getting there at 4:00 with our costumes on

Thanks!!:wizard:

That is exactly what I want to be too. I want the blue dress from the Kiss the Girl scene. Either that or Giselle's curtain dress. I also have curly red hair and alway love the red headed characters.

Last year I was Strawberry Shortcake. That was easy. I bought a red dress and green and white striped stockings. I made an apron and put felt strawberries on the bottom and made a bonnet using pink strawberry shortcake fabric.

For an Ariel land outfit, a friend of mine has this fantastic costume she made of the ships sail (i'm assuming that's what it is) getup that Ariel wears right as she washes on shore. It's easy to do and really funny too. Not so fun if you're wanting to be princessy though. I actually thought of borrowing it from her for MNSSHP though. She did a really good job with it, not just a sheet wrapped around her or anything.

However, my family has decided that I am making costumes and we are going to be crayons! haha we're going to look ridiculous, but they're cheap, easy, and comfortable costumes. However, I now have to make eight crayon shirts before October 26th :eek:

Also, how bad is it if you're actually going on Halloween? We're not so concerned about rides, but we want to do all the special party activities possible. I've heard everything from it's awful to it's not bad at all. I'm pretty laid back, but I don't want to be packed in shoulder to shoulder or anything.

I'm so excited about MNSSHP that I actually dreamed I was there with my family last night XD I was trying to get as much candy as possible and they were kind of lagging behind and annoying me haha

I know that predicting the weather is impossible, but we're going 10/5 and we're all dressing up...

1. What has everyone's experience with dressing up and being ungodly hot, been?

My mom as cruella and DH as Captain Hook will have the most on, but my Cinderella dress won't be airconditioned.

2. Anyone bring their own treat bags? There are some great customs going around on DISigning boards

I'm so excited I'm gonna scream!

I know that predicting the weather is impossible, but we're going 10/5 and we're all dressing up...

1. What has everyone's experience with dressing up and being ungodly hot, been?

My mom as cruella and DH as Captain Hook will have the most on, but my Cinderella dress won't be airconditioned.

2. Anyone bring their own treat bags? There are some great customs going around on DISigning boards

I'm so excited I'm gonna scream!

Well take it from a fellow Clevelander we went at the end of Oct last year DH was Hook and I was Tink (kids were Peter and Wendy), DH and myself were drenched with sweat. This year we are going as Hercules and Meg, much lighter costumes.

I will probably bring an extra treat bag for all our stuff, I will have to check out the disboard, I love their stuff

Our first MNSSHP is Oct. 7, the whole trip is a surprise for our kids. I have two questions (so far) that I haven't seen answered:

Where is the Cinderella coach photo spot?

Which Villans Mix & Mingle would have the smallest crowd?

Ok I lied, one more question - how long is the Villan show?

Our first MNSSHP is Oct. 7, the whole trip is a surprise for our kids. I have two questions (so far) that I haven't seen answered:

Where is the Cinderella coach photo spot?

Last year it was behind the castle right by Peter Pan's ride

Which Villans Mix & Mingle would have the smallest crowd?
Maybe the last one at 11:15, last year the line for Maleficient and Cruella was really long but there was no one in line for Jafar and Govenor Ratcliffe.

Ok I lied, one more question - how long is the Villan show?

20 mins I think, but I could be wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter