MNSSHP - Costumes or Not?

karpy111

DIS Veteran
We are going to attend our first MNSSHP in September. I am not sure whether we should wear costumes or not. There are so many cool characters that we have never seen and I'm not sure I want to ruin the photo by being in a costume. Not sure if ruin is the right word but you understand.
Thoughts?

Your choice, obviously. But we always bring costumes, (nothing too elaborate) and store them in a locker. Then, around 4:00-or 5:00, we take them to a restroom and change into them.

As the PP said: your choice. But keep in mind that MK will still be quite hot and humid in September. We had to take our 2 YO DD's costume off in late October one year we dressed her up and put her regular clothes back on.

We're in our mid twenties. There is no greater joy then being a girl driving to the park in full Captain Hook costume at 4pm. We don't really care whether the majority go with costumes or not. It's pretty funny getting a photo with characters when you're dressed up - especially when its the same character that your costume is. However it's completely up to you. Whatever is comfortable. If you're going to be there all day it's probably best to store your costume and change just a thought. Hope you have a great time :)

If you don't want to go full on costume, how about disbounding your favorite characters instead? There's alot of awesome disbounding outfits on Pinterest that would be perfect for the summer heat/humidity of Florida.

We're in our mid twenties. There is no greater joy then being a girl driving to the park in full Captain Hook costume at 4pm. We don't really care whether the majority go with costumes or not. It's pretty funny getting a photo with characters when you're dressed up - especially when its the same character that your costume is. However it's completely up to you. Whatever is comfortable. If you're going to be there all day it's probably best to store your costume and change just a thought. Hope you have a great time :)

I dressed in a full Snow White costume last year and loved every single minute of it. It was truly a dream come true, to go to Magic Kingdom as an adult dressed as a princess. I think if Disney opened an adult BBB, they would rake it in!

If you don't want to go full on costume, how about disbounding your favorite characters instead? There's alot of awesome disbounding outfits on Pinterest that would be perfect for the summer heat/humidity of Florida.

We did this the first year as the Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus). I am so glad we did, it was mid-September and even at 10pm still hot and humid.

I definitely recommend some type of themed clothing, whether it is a full costume or just a pumpkin shirt. Whatever fits you best!

I dressed in a full Snow White costume last year and loved every single minute of it. It was truly a dream come true, to go to Magic Kingdom as an adult dressed as a princess. I think if Disney opened an adult BBB, they would rake it in!

We did this the first year as the Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus). I am so glad we did, it was mid-September and even at 10pm still hot and humid.

I definitely recommend some type of themed clothing, whether it is a full costume or just a pumpkin shirt. Whatever fits you best!
I am actually in the process of making these 3 costumes for myself, dd and her friend! I have been the redhead from potc for a few years now, time to change it up! and hocus pocus is one of dd's favorite movies.

The year we went, I was Minnie. Found a t-shirt dress and painted polka dots. Red and White Polka dot flip flops and a pair of ears and I was set. There were people there that hadn't take the weather into account with their costumes and they were a little toasty. We also had great interaction with Shadowman as my daughter was dressed like Tiana. As others have said it is your choice. If you tie in with the characters somehow they do seem to get into character a little more.

The problem with wearing a costume to MNSSHP at MK, esp. in September, is that it will probably be REALLY hot. So you have to work with that reality to be comfortable.

I think the Disneybounding is a great option, and looks especially cute on young adult guests. I love seeing the themed groups of guests.

The problem with wearing a costume to MNSSHP at MK, esp. in September, is that it will probably be REALLY hot. So you have to work with that reality to be comfortable.

I think the Disneybounding is a great option, and looks especially cute on young adult guests. I love seeing the themed groups of guests.

Definitely take the weather into consideration. We didn't and my DH was so hot which in turn made him miserable.

There is no greater joy then being a girl driving to the park in full Captain Hook costume...

Hope your car's not a stick-shift!

To the OP, costume! There will be more people in them than not. You can always choose something that blends in with pictures well. Keep it in-theme. One warning, it can be HOT, so pick something that breathes.

Another option is to wear a cute Halloween T-shirt. I did this last year and liked it ... comfortable but still "Halloween-y".

I say go for it! We always change into our costumes after dark, and that helps a little with the heat. I don't mind photos of us in our costumes, especially when we dress up as bad guys ourselves! The character interactions are actually pretty fun when you are in costume too. When we were pirates, the Evil Queen asked us if we had a fast ship that we could take Snow White away in!

Go, dress up and live the dream for those of us who can't take of work during this time :goofy:

I would love to go and dress up as a princess!

How many chances do you get to dress up in a Halloween costume to go trick or treating as an adult? Enjoy it.

I say dress up. Last year on a hot humid pouring down rain MNSSHP, I dressed up as Minnie Mouse - the dress was very comfy.

It's all about picking the right outfit based on the weather. I was going to be the Evil Queen but when I couldn't get into the Halloween dessert thing and then found out the weather was going to be hot and rainy, I changed to Minnie Mouse. I made sure to see Mickey and that was alot of fun. LOL

I was also solo......

We're going at the end of September and I'm planning he queen of hearts. I think the pictures will look really fun and festive with us in costume.

When I went the year before last we dressed our twins as Lilo and Stitch but DH and I did not dress up... and I regretted it the entire evening! So many great costumes! Wont make that mistake again! This year, (if we are so lucky to have a party added during our travel dates) we will all be in costume together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter