MNSSHP Costume Ideas

sarahothomas

Mouseketeer
My family (me, husband, dad, stepmom, teenage little sister, and teenage little brother) have decided to attend MNSSHP in October. So exciting! We'd like to dress up together. What are some of your favorite group costumes you've seen at the parties, or ideas you've had that you wouldn't mind sharing? I've thought of just a few - Star Wars, Moana, and pirates.

My family (me, husband, dad, stepmom, teenage little sister, and teenage little brother) have decided to attend MNSSHP in October. So exciting! We'd like to dress up together. What are some of your favorite group costumes you've seen at the parties, or ideas you've had that you wouldn't mind sharing? I've thought of just a few - Star Wars, Moana, and pirates.

I’d go with pirates. Incredibles are ridiculously overdone at the Halloween parties, seems like every other family we saw last year were dressed like them. Pirate groups are fun because even if others are doing it, you can get a bit more unique and creative with it. Also, meeting Captain Jack is always extra fun as pirates.

We’ve done Incredibles (full costumes, not T-shirts), Tangled, and Marvel universe. But I agree with others—pirates are always fun. Did that for a Pirate and Princess party once but pirates league for all of us is on my bucket list :)

If rodents don't gross you out, you could do a group costume from Ratatouille - a few chefs, a few rats, a health inspector and Ego the critic. I've also seen some cute Toy Story groups, Pooh and Friends, Inside/Out and Peter Pan. My best advice from having gone the last few years is think cool, because it can be sweltering. Hope you all have fun!

Pinterest has a ton of fun ideas for family costumes. We are a party of 5, 2 adults and ds13, dd10, ds7. It's going to be hard to narrow it down. Too bad I have absolutely no crafting skills. I'd love to go as citizens of Halloweentown, with my hubby being the mayor. :P

Not really much costume but we starting to look at things for 2020 Halloween party, maybe Day of the Dead face tattoos like Hector from "Coco" Just the DW and I.

Pinterest has a ton of fun ideas for family costumes. We are a party of 5, 2 adults and ds13, dd10, ds7. It's going to be hard to narrow it down. Too bad I have absolutely no crafting skills. I'd love to go as citizens of Halloweentown, with my hubby being the mayor. :P
I tried to convince DS to be Jack one year since he has a perfectly round head and DD and I LOVE NBC—she wanted to be Sally. He flatly refused. Bonus points if you can make your hubby’s head make that “cha-ching” sound!! LOL

You know, you could do that with T-shirts, hats, a sash, and a couple of props.....just sayin. (When we did Tangled I made DH a Snuggly Duckling Bouncer T-shirt in case he chickened out on being Flynn.). You could just transform an old dead rat into a most delightful hat!

I tried to convince DS to be Jack one year since he has a perfectly round head and DD and I LOVE NBC—she wanted to be Sally. He flatly refused. Bonus points if you can make your hubby’s head make that “cha-ching” sound!! LOL

You know, you could do that with T-shirts, hats, a sash, and a couple of props.....just sayin. (When we did Tangled I made DH a Snuggly Duckling Bouncer T-shirt in case he chickened out on being Flynn.). You could just transform an old dead rat into a most delightful hat!

He already makes that sound every time he buys something!! :P and he mostly has the anxious face, so we may be on to something LOL!! My eldest son is 13 and is 6'2", about 130lb, so he gets the role of Jack automatically. Last year he was Slender Man and that was a huge hit except he needs glasses, so I had to guide him around all night by the arm. He got annoyed with that pretty quickly. I would love to do Lock, Shock and Barrel, but then I would have to make my husband Barrel, the 2 youngest Lock and Shock, and I of course would be Sally.

I'm definitely concerned about heat and comfort, as we're going to the Sept 22 party. I don't anticipate wanting to do full on makeup or anything like that. Still have a little time for ultimate inspiration to strike. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter