MNSSHP coming back 2021?

We are there late September and would LOVE to attend MNSSHP as we usually go every year. But man THEY NEED TO REDUCE THE CROWD LEVELS. Even pre-pandemic MNSSHP and MVMCP were way over crowded. Id pay more per person if they'd just make it an "exclusive" event again.
I was just at UO and MK, and it was crowded during spring break, if not for the masks, lack of parades and no fireworks you would have thought things were back to normal...

Last edited:
The bottom line is Disney can create a halloween party that will be similar not the same if they choose to, but it appears they don't want to take the effort.

1. Lower crowds for it, charge more (yes there would be enough that would pay)
2. By doing #1 you could run a parade and be creative with assigned zones/areas to keep spread out
3. plenty of places have done socially distant meet and greets
4. trick or treat is easy , plenty of places proved that last year
5. Do the old school fireworks where the views are good from throughout the park and the castle is not needed.

But it hasn't been Disney's thing this past year to reinvent how they do things, they would rather just not do it for now. Time will tell.

But it hasn't been Disney's thing this past year to reinvent how they do things, they would rather just not do it for now. Time will tell.

Disney has had to reinvent how they do almost everything this past year. I think they've done a very good job of that! Still holding out hope for a Halloween party of some type this year, especially with things opening up more and more throughout the country. I heard on the news last night that NYC plans to fully reopen by July 1st!

Disney has had to reinvent how they do almost everything this past year. I think they've done a very good job of that! Still holding out hope for a Halloween party of some type this year, especially with things opening up more and more throughout the country. I heard on the news last night that NYC plans to fully reopen by July 1st!

Social distancing will be cut and i can see masks at least being dropped in part in parks by the Autumn. They will do something even if they have to rejig it somehow. It makes money, they will think of something.

Social distancing will be cut and i can see masks at least being dropped in part in parks by the Autumn. They will do something even if they have to rejig it somehow. It makes money, they will think of something.

They may go to a hybrid approach where certain measures are maintained in indoor areas with questionable ventilation but dropped elsewhere. It seems there's a growing consensus that outdoors masks are unnecessary but I could see them being unwilling to jettison them completely.

The biggest issue I see is that character meets and fireworks are such a big part of this experience. Not sure how they would handle those things.

The biggest issue I see is that character meets and fireworks are such a big part of this experience. Not sure how they would handle those things.
If things continue to go well with the vaccines, i can't see why it can't happen considering these events are some time away.

Problem is kids... they are such a big part of these events, but they aren't yet being allowed to get a vaccine.

What they really need is the infection rate to drop a LOT.... so that there is less risk. So like everyone they are watching how things are going.... are enough people getting vaccinated? Are Infection rates dropping? How are the relaxing for requirements affecting the infection rate?

I do think some version is possible...

Sounds like Pfizer should have its vaccine approved for kids soon. Other parks like Sea World have been doing fireworks for months now. I don't see why they couldn't do the parties, but I know that Disney is extra cautious so they may be among the last to relax Covid restrictions I guess.

the numbers need to keep falling and also people have to stop coming until masks are gone and parades and shows and fireworks are back. but this should all happen by the fall as long as everyone gets vaccinated. this is going tobe like the flu shot in the sense that there will probably be either an anuall booster or maybe one every other year that is how we will contain it plus we also have therapies now that we didn't have ay ear ago

I think it'll happen this year but maybe I'm too optimistic. Hopefully they will cut back attendance as it was way too crowded pre-covid. In 2019 the lines seemed really long for everything.

For what it’s worth, I live in Cleveland and the Indians have their mascots wandering about and willing to meet and take photos with you. No social distancing. Given vaccine availability and the costumes, there is really no reason costumed characters can’t be doing meet and greets soon. As far as face characters go, I don’t see why they couldn’t do socially distanced meet and greets.

For what it’s worth, I live in Cleveland and the Indians have their mascots wandering about and willing to meet and take photos with you. No social distancing. Given vaccine availability and the costumes, there is really no reason costumed characters can’t be doing meet and greets soon. As far as face characters go, I don’t see why they couldn’t do socially distanced meet and greets.
There is no reason. Except that it's Disney. And I don't know if people will pay what Disney charges for distanced meet and greets on a long term basis.

I'm hoping for no unless things are 100% rolled back and all normal stuff is put back into place. Because I know people will pay for Covid holiday parties and it annoys me because we're once again conditioning Disney to give us less for more and they'll justify raising prices even more for tickets in normal times.

I don't see much that would need to be restricted besides character meet & greets. They could do some form of trick or treating, fireworks, cavalcades, and after hours park access with spooky food, music, fog, etc. The capacity will need to reduced from previous years parties because they were SLAMMED at times. Hopeful for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter