MNSSHP 2022 Check-in -- Dates, Costumes, and More!

I think you'll be fine. I saw a picture of a Disney blogger wearing the shirt you are describing at the party last night.

Awww man, now it's going to come across that I am copying some blogger, when I have been planning the outfit for years. Darn it!

Yeah the Lost Boy costume would be tough to do without a really hot and uncomfortable headpiece.

You could go the Lost Boy from Hook route if you wanted. That opens up a bit more.

Now...as for me, I'd suggest John Darling. It's a super distinctive costume. And relatively easy. A top hat, glasses, and a white nightgown.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Awww man, now it's going to come across that I am copying some blogger, when I have been planning the outfit for years. Darn it!
This is an image of the shirt they were wearing. The sash was a design on the shirt. I think it's a great costume and I would not think you were copying a blogger.

Attachments

• 41990B76-BEFC-461D-A3E2-D6E06E756CFC.jpeg
    41990B76-BEFC-461D-A3E2-D6E06E756CFC.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 7
many people wear the same costumes so you shouldn't let that be the deciding thing.
If you've been working on it for a while, go for it and don't let it stop you that someone else has worn a tshirt equivalent but also you have to take that risk that if a cm DOES ask you to remove the sash (might not happen but you can never say never), then you either need to prepare for that or change costume ideas 🤷🏻‍♀️

We're going on 8/19 - and 4 of us will be in costume - DC (18) Spider-man / Miles Morales - this Disneybound is courtesy of my Cricut (alot of red vinyl died for the cause); DS 15 and 11 as Camilo (found perfect drapes that I upcycled from our local thrift store for ponchos); Me as a Disneybound of Mirabel. Modified a cheap peasant blouse and upcycled a dress into a skirt. Just need to add the tassels at the bottom of the skirt and I'm done! And we have a friend travelling with us who I'm trying to convince to Disneybound as Luisa so we have a proper Encanto theme going. I think my only hope for DH is that he'll wear one of his Star Wars shirts lol. So excited!

They won’t show in your plans but you’ll see them in « my tickets ».
We bought tix for the 9/22 party but I don't see them in MDE. Do you know how I can get them linked? TIA

We each picked a different villan for our costumes. Pretty sure we're all gonna be melting. :scared: :headache::scared:

Last edited:

Going to our first MNSSHP since 2010! It will be our 5th MNSSHP party since 2002! We're so excited!

I'll just be wearing my Maleficent ears and Maleficent shirt and my daughter will be Wanda aka, the Scarlet Witch!

So excited!!

We bought tix for the 9/22 party but I don't see them in MDE. Do you know how I can get them linked? TIA

We each picked a different villan for our costumes. Pretty sure we're all gonna be melting. :scared: :headache::scared:
The tickets won't show up in your plans but should be in your tickets and passes.

on the MDE app choose the menu (3 bars at bottom right), choose tickets and passes. If you don't see the party tickets in this, click the + at the top right to add them.

if you want to see it in your future plans you'll have to add a note. i haven't figured out how to do it while in the app but i was able to add a note while on the webpage.

i hope this helps! have a great trip!

Tickets purchased for 10/27! It will be my husband, 1yo son and myself. Not sure what we will do for costumes yet! So excited for this trip! Celebrating our sons first birthday and our 7th Anniversary! We also get to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law that live down there! Two weeks on property!

We just bought our tickets for 9/11! Not really planning on dressing up.
We are hoping for a better party this year than we’ve experienced in the past, as every single party we’ve attended has been a total wash out! Even when we went to boo bash it was torrential rain and flooding! We joke that because we are attending there will be rain, so if you’re going on 9/11 be prepared for rain.

Going 8/30 for the first time since 2015!
My sister, DD (12), and myself are going as Huey, Dewey, and Louie with white shorts and plain tshirts with matching hats. Figuring it was going to be super hot we opted for comfort.

I tried REALLLLLLY hard to convince them that we could be the All Star Resorts as a group of 3 but they shot that down. Will someone please do that idea??

I tried REALLLLLLY hard to convince them that we could be the All Star Resorts as a group of 3 but they shot that down. Will someone please do that idea??
I love this idea!! Or, three kids as the All Stars and parents as Pop! and AoA. My eight year olds are too young to get the value of an obscure costume and how cool it is when they get recognized despite being a little out there. They are firmly of a "main characters only" costume mindset right now.

The tickets won't show up in your plans but should be in your tickets and passes.

on the MDE app choose the menu (3 bars at bottom right), choose tickets and passes. If you don't see the party tickets in this, click the + at the top right to add them.

if you want to see it in your future plans you'll have to add a note. i haven't figured out how to do it while in the app but i was able to add a note while on the webpage.

i hope this helps! have a great trip!
Thanks - I found them - I didn't realize I needed to keep swiping left to get them to scroll.

Tickets purchased for 10/27! It will be my husband, 1yo son and myself. Not sure what we will do for costumes yet! So excited for this trip! Celebrating our sons first birthday and our 7th Anniversary! We also get to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law that live down there! Two weeks on property!
update! my brother and sister-in-law will be joining us at the party! I'm so excited! Since we will have our LO and he will most likely fall asleep. it will be nice with my family there so if my husband and i want to ride something they can stay back with our son. i don't plan to ride a lot going to enjoy the shows and food this time. We have 3 other days at MK to ride! haha

Hello from Norway🤩
My husband and I have tickets for the Halloween party on October 30 and I can’t wait.
We haven’t been to a Halloween party since our daughter was little, so maybe back in 2003 or something.
I have not figured out our costumes yet (if I can convince my husband to wear one)
I don’t want anything to hot and I don’t have any hair (I am bald because of Alopecia) so maybe “Genie”😂😂😂)

Okay, so I jsut booked Monday, but I am in for September 13th! I can't wait. I have not decided on costumery or any such things yet.

Except...I wouldn't want to. It's the lynchpin of the costume....what makes mrs banks mrs banks.

Also, it's the first piece I started with and I spent a decent amount of money on Etsy for it.

If it came down to it, I'd probably (kindly) throw a fit or ask for a refund.
Pretty sure there was a citizen of Main Street that used to wear a votes for women sash. You’ll be fine.

Pretty sure there was a citizen of Main Street that used to wear a votes for women sash. You’ll be fine.

Key word here is "used to." This is a crazy time we are living in, and things change rapidly. One minute something is fine, and the next day, there is a policy put into place that changes everything.

But...knowing someone wore something similar this MNSSHP season has me at least somewhat optimistic that I should be fine, like you said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter