MNSSHP 2015 - Be Prepared For Chaos

How is this different from every other party night? This sounds pretty typical; every time I've been to a party, special event lines are long, and ride lines are short. Doesn't matter if it's September or November.

it's worse when lots of people around don't have wristbands and weren't told they needed to leave. Otherwise, you're right on.

I read a review of the first night party for a popular blogger and he indicated that the CMs have to do a better job at clearing people without wrist bands out. He said there were a lot of non-wristband people at the parades and posted a pic of the later parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square. The crowds at this location at the 2nd parade were several people deep. Hopefully, they will do a better job at clearing non-party ticket holders out or what is the point of any of us paying. I have tickets for MNSSHP and would not expect to be there if I didn't.

I went to MNSSHP last night 9-25-15 and we did not enjoy it at all. It was so crowded that the lines for candy that were being given out were so long. Because of the rain they had moved all of the candy stops in fantsy land to one spot and it was only 2 candy holder giving out. Then the 1st parade was delayed and the 9:20 was delayed. The fireworks went off on time so that was the up to the night. I don't go to the special events for the rides, I'm there for the events that they don't normally have. The crowds were just too much, I have gone to early events in past years and they were not crowded at all. Did not have a very good time because of the crowds not the rain, because rain doesn't stop us from having a good time.

Edited to add: One of the questions is what do you think about the possibility of offering FP+ during the party. Interesting....

We're attending our first MNSSHP's (two parties) in October. We haven't been to MK since 2009. Disney has become way too regimented for us, which is why we normally choose to visit the other Orlando parks instead. FP+ is a definite turn-off for us, and the fact that we can enjoy the MK without having to adhere to pre-selected ride times and without a set schedule is what made us decide to give the hard ticket events a try. If they decide to implement FP+ for parties in future years, I am thinking our first MNSSHP's might be our last :(.

We're attending our first MNSSHP's (two parties) in October. We haven't been to MK since 2009. Disney has become way too regimented for us, which is why we normally choose to visit the other Orlando parks instead. FP+ is a definite turn-off for us, and the fact that we can enjoy the MK without having to adhere to pre-selected ride times and without a set schedule is what made us decide to give the hard ticket events a try. If they decide to implement FP+ for parties in future years, I am thinking our first MNSSHP's might be our last :(.

Sadly I have to agree about not going again. It used to be a relaxed, yet slightly hectic time to enjoy the Magic Kingdom for a few hours with lower crowds, decent wait times, and a few special events to enjoy if you chose to. Now Disney just seems intent on cramming people into the park at any cost and if you add FP+ to it, it's no longer a special event - it's just an another crowded day at the most magical place on Earth.

I went to MNSSHP last night 9-25-15 and we did not enjoy it at all. It was so crowded that the lines for candy that were being given out were so long. Because of the rain they had moved all of the candy stops in fantsy land to one spot and it was only 2 candy holder giving out. Then the 1st parade was delayed and the 9:20 was delayed. The fireworks went off on time so that was the up to the night. I don't go to the special events for the rides, I'm there for the events that they don't normally have. The crowds were just too much, I have gone to early events in past years and they were not crowded at all. Did not have a very good time because of the crowds not the rain, because rain doesn't stop us from having a good time.

Exactly this! Was there the 25th as well.

The last time we went to MNSSHP was 2012. We were looking forward to it because we had such great times before. I couldn't believe how crowded it was, to the point it was stressful. One CM selling popcorn at the parade even commented that I needed some pixie dust! And I did need some! And that was with two older kids. No way on earth would I try to go back with a stroller for my newest blessing! We are going to Hoop Dee Doo instead. I do hope everyone who is paying so much for tickets has a good time, but I won't be doing it again unless there's a major change in ticket sales...

The last time we went to MNSSHP was 2012. We were looking forward to it because we had such great times before. I couldn't believe how crowded it was, to the point it was stressful. One CM selling popcorn at the parade even commented that I needed some pixie dust! And I did need some! And that was with two older kids. No way on earth would I try to go back with a stroller for my newest blessing! We are going to Hoop Dee Doo instead. I do hope everyone who is paying so much for tickets has a good time, but I won't be doing it again unless there's a major change in ticket sales...

We just did the Hoop Dee Doo it was a blast and good food too.
Been going to Disney for years and this was the 1st time doing it was fun and great show.
You will love it.

Ron.

I was at the first party and I emailed guest services about my experience. A few days later I got a call and am very happy they are at least taking peoples concerns seriously. They issued us each a 1 day magic your way with park hopper ticket to make up for the time we wasted. While we are pass holders I still felt this was a very nice gesture and the tickets don't expire for a long time. I honestly would have been happy with them just admitting they messed up and apologizing though the tickets were very appreciated.

Finally got ahold of someone at guest relations. At first they didn't want to refund our tickets, but wanted to give us one day one park tickets. I told them those didn't really work for us based on our next trip, and if I couldn't get a refund, I'd like to have tickets to MVMCP. I thought this was fair, considering they have less value than the one day tickets. They said they couldn't do that either. I eventually got around to explaining that our next trip was going to involve a ticket to the Christmas Party and a one day park hopper to see EPCOT and the Osborne Lights on another day and if they're going to provide replacement tickets, I'd either like tickets to the Christmas Party or one day park hoppers. I told the "supervisor" I spoke with that I know replacement Halloween tickets or one day park hoppers had been provided to people on message boards I read, so I didn't think my request was out of line.

After stating that, they offered a refund. Since the one day one park tickets weren't upgradable and would have been wasted by us, I took the refund. I do wish Disney would handle these things consistently and offer everyone the same compensation. But, I originally asked for a refund and that's what they ended up giving us so I guess I should be pretty happy with that.

I also would like to point out that the Supervisor CM was at the first party he said, and wanted to argue that a full sweep of the park was done and that he was checked for his band multiple times. I told him it's already been acknowledged the sweep was not done and if done, not effectively, and that most people were not checked for their bands as we were not. I feel like because I challenged his assertion that everything was done by the book at the first party, he became a bit abrasive.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in how many parties there are in october. We have a trip planned from Oct 1-5 and there are parties 3 out of the 4 nights we are there. So the night that there isn't a party (which happens to be a saturday and extra magic hours), will be insane as well. I tried to get a FP for the parade at midnight on my 60 day mark and couldn't get it and have tried multiple times per day since, with no luck.
This..... we are there from the 6 to the 14 and had a heck of a time planning our trip because of all the party dates.

Any chance they'll change the number of tickets being sold for future parties after learning from this experience??? We're going on 10/29 and I fear it will sell out too.

They may change the number of tickets being sold, they will probably sell more. Todays Disney is all about packing them in and record breaking profits. As long as people keep coming, Disney will come up with more ways to make money even if it changes the guest experience.

:earsboy: Bill

We did the party a few days before Halloween last year and the crowds near any of the special events were definitely crazy. We were happy to get on a few rides with short lines but found the overall feel of the park much more relaxed on a regular ticketed day the next morning. I won't go back to MNSSHP until DS it out of the stroller. (For park use that is, he already is at home).

I told the "supervisor" I spoke with that I know replacement Halloween tickets or one day park hoppers had been provided to people on message boards I read, so I didn't think my request was out of line.

Disney has been refunding or giving replacement tickets because they wanted to help make up for the guest experience. When people start calling in and demanding it, per reading what others have gotten, Disney will nip it in the bud and no one will get anything.

I also would like to point out that the Supervisor CM was at the first party he said, and wanted to argue that a full sweep of the park was done and that he was checked for his band multiple times. I told him it's already been acknowledged the sweep was not done and if done, not effectively, and that most people were not checked for their bands as we were not. I feel like because I challenged his assertion that everything was done by the book at the first party, he became a bit abrasive.

They're probably getting sick of hearing complaints about how they messed up the first night. Judging by the number of people I personally saw without bands on 9/15 I would say they missed a few.

We've done several parties over the last eight or so years. I think we are done with them. Every year it seems they get a little more crowded and cost a little more. It's just too much $$$$ for five hours in a crowded park. The last one we went to was very crowded, we decided to do the second parade because we kept hearing that the second parade wasn't near as crowded as the first. The second was just as crowded. So yeah, we're done. Not that WDW will mind, there will be people ready to buy the ticket I didn't buy.

We went to the first Party in 2013, last year the week of Halloween. The first one two years ago was well controlled level, enjoyable. I thought that last year besides being close to Halloween they sold more tickets. Wasn't the first party early for Labor Day holiday and some schools went back later so this would be heavily attended.

But, I know if this year is as crazy as last year, I am done with MNSSHP.

We went to the first Party in 2013, last year the week of Halloween. The first one two years ago was well controlled level, enjoyable. I thought that last year besides being close to Halloween they sold more tickets. Wasn't the first party early for Labor Day holiday and some schools went back later so this would be heavily attended.

But, I know if this year is as crazy as last year, I am done with MNSSHP.

You're not the only one who is finished. The first party this season wad the last straw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter