MNSSHP 2014: What's YOUR Costume?

With the potential heat and humidity I ruled out DDs long dresses (Maleficient and 2 different versions of Aurora) and they are going as cheerleaders - DH is a 49ers fan so I'll put Niners jersey on DS (2.5) and I found 3 cheer skirts on clearance at GK for $25! And their shirts - I found a Minnie Mouse 49ers logo on etsy I can iron onto white tee shirts!! So excited!

My family and I are going as characters from Alice in Wonderland, DW as Alice, DS12 and DS8 as the tweedles, my mother as the white rabbit, abd myself as the mad hatter, can't wait as Sept 16th can't get here soon enough!

We have 2 party nights and trying to still make a decision :)

DD 4 - got her a Cinderella Dress (prestige) and it was super adorable tonight when we tried it on. Still haven't decided on 2nd party, I know she want Elsa but about every other girl will be her and so she might be Snow White ;)

DD 11 - I got her an adult gold coronation dress for Aurora and then the 2nd night since her cousins are going and they will more likely do rides I found a Minnie Ear/Tail/gloves/Choker set that she will wear with blk capris/pants and a red shirt.

For me :) I have the Evil Queen Ravenna from the new Snow White (skull dress) but I am still trying to figure out another one, maybe Ursula or Queen of Hearts.

Super excited to go, this will be our first time at one of the Holiday Parties.

Old school Mouseketeers with the Annette and Cubby shirts.

I finally decided on my costume for this year! I went twice in simple costumes-but last year I went all out as Ursula...It is so much fun to be a villain so this year I am going as Madam Mim. Hope others will recognize an old school villain who does not get much attention....

We are going on Oct. 30 and are a party of 6 adults, so far myself and DH are going as ghosts very similar to the dancing ghost in the dining room of haunted mansion and one of us is going as an original Mouseketeer .

I can NOT WAIT for our first ever MNSSHP. DD and I decided to Disneybound for our costumes since we expect it to be hot on Sept. 26th.

Look at this dress I found on clearance from Walmart for Dory from finding Nemo!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-Plus-Size-Striped-Dress-with-Belt/34685809

Well I got gyp'd because I paid $13 for it and now it's $10!!!

And THESE little guys as a necklace (cost twice as much as the dress :laughing: )

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Findin...undefined&sr=8-54&keywords=finding+nemo+plush

I am madly in love with this outfit!!! :yay:

We're going on 10/31 - I am disneybounding as Minnie, ds5 as luke skywalker, ds3 as yoda, and dh as darth vader!! I wanted a family costume and my dh said he didn't want to dress up, so I made my costume, and NOW he jumped in with the kids costumes! Oh well, should be fun!!!

My daughter, who is turning 4 this Saturday, will be Elsa. She and her Dad both insisted on this fantastic dress that goes to the floor with the long white train behind it. We have taken it to a seamstress to have it fitted and the blue part shortened some, BUT I am definitely having thoughts about dealing with it while there at the party. Oh well you are only 4 once at Disney for Halloween!

I am going to be Ellie, and my husband will be Carl Fredrickson. I have a safari hat, binoculars, a safari shirt and shorts or a skirt of some kind. DH has a WW2 pilot hat, goggles, glasses and suspenders. If you are there on Sept. 12, we will be the ones chasing the little girl with the long Elsa dress! Be sure to say hi! :wave2:Wish us luck!

My brother and his son (6) are going, last I heard the 6 year old is a ninja turtle. Not sure about my brother. Not holding my breath for his costume to appear.:)

We are slightly dbounding as the Greek council from Monsters uni. Ds will have an OK shirt, and we are going to rock out with our MU letterman jackets. DH will wear a baseball cap with the horns! It should be pretty cool and COOL!

DH and I have been talking about a spontaneous trip (less than a year of planning IS spontaneous for us!). If it all works out, I have our costumes planned to be Walt and Mickey from the Partners Statue. Pretty excited and it's coming together well!

I am going as Black Widow. I'll be dying my hair red this afternoon.

And here are the kids (Can't remember if I already posted them in this thread. Also, DH will be Thor)

I am going as Black Widow. I'll be dying my hair red this afternoon.

And here are the kids (Can't remember if I already posted them in this thread. Also, DH will be Thor)
All of you look great! I can't wait to see the group picture! :thumbsup2

FeralCatRogue said:
patiently waiting for the seamstress to finish mine then i'll have pics! but my good pics will have to wait til halloween!
I know how that is. I still need to finish my Queen of Hearts costume, and we are going this Friday! :worried:

I had been to MNSSHP twice in the past, but this was my first time going in costume. It was 1000x more fun in a costume! The cast members loved it and I was stopped by a ton of people with compliments. It was a blast!

A few fun facts:
  • I made the entire costume, including the touchpoint
  • The touchpoint magically lights up green when near anyone else's magicband, or my costume
  • The costume was functional just like a real magicband, and worked at the front gate's touchpoints to gain entry (Click here to watch!)
  • The Band ID on the back represents the date WDW opened, and the year Magic Bands were introduced

BrandonMagicBandCostume2014.jpg

BrandonMagicBandCostume2014-2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter