• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

gabbyrosebud said:
Hi again everyone! We'll be at Disney 2 weeks from today! :woohoo: We'll be at the Oct. 2 and 5 parties. Our costumes our finally all set! I'm Belle in her village dress, My sister is Wendy, my Mom is a haunted mansion maid, my DS is a pirate and my DD is Belle in her yellow gown for 1 party and Cinderella for the next. The adults will probably be decked out for 1 party and wear t-shirts and mouse ears the next. I can't wait to hear the first reports! :sunny:

It's getting close for you and your family.

I've said it many times before... but I have to say it again... I just LOVE the pic with your DD and Minnie - it is just beyond cute.

makinorlando said:
It's getting close for you and your family.

I've said it many times before... but I have to say it again... I just LOVE the pic with your DD and Minnie - it is just beyond cute.
Thanks Martha! I'm looking forward to taking all those new MNSSHP photos with my DD and DS.(If I can get him to pose long enough) ;) I can't wait to try out my new S2 IS this trip. I hope it takes great night photos. Thanks to you and your sweet DD, we have BBB booked before the party! Can't wait! :woohoo:

I went to this event a couple of years ago with only my DS. Now we are planning a last second trip with ds,dd and dh for Halloween week. we leave sat the 28. Does anyone know if the 30 and 31 are sold out? Is it too late to purchase tickets? Are these nights typically the most crowded? I wasn't sure, since they fall on a week day this year. Sorry, I did not read this entire thread.

gabbyrosebud said:
Hi again everyone! We'll be at Disney 2 weeks from today! :woohoo: We'll be at the Oct. 2 and 5 parties. Our costumes our finally all set! I'm Belle in her village dress, My sister is Wendy, my Mom is a haunted mansion maid, my DS is a pirate and my DD is Belle in her yellow gown for 1 party and Cinderella for the next. The adults will probably be decked out for 1 party and wear t-shirts and mouse ears the next. I can't wait to hear the first reports! :sunny:

Hey Gabby,

Looks like we'll be at the lodge the same time (9/29 - 10/6). Just got my DD7's costume yesterday (Ariel for her...I think that completes the princess cycle) for the 10/2 party. She still doesn't know we're going yet. Not sure how much longer I can stand it not to tell her. As always, I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Red Wings Fan said:
Hey Gabby,

Looks like we'll be at the lodge the same time (9/29 - 10/6). Just got my DD7's costume yesterday (Ariel for her...I think that completes the princess cycle) for the 10/2 party. She still doesn't know we're going yet. Not sure how much longer I can stand it not to tell her. As always, I'm sure everyone will have a great time.
I think it's so great that you're going to surprise you DD! I wish I could keep a secret like that. I'll keep an eye out for a little Ariel at the WL the night of 10/2. Have a wonderful time! :wizard:

gabbyrosebud said:
I think it's so great that your going to surprise you DD! I wish I could keep a secret like that. I'll keep an eye out for a little Ariel at the WL the night of 10/2. Have a wonderful time! :wizard:

I'm surprised she hasn't found out yet. I'm usually terrible about keeping Disney stuff secret and every time my wife and I are talking about some detail of the trip, there is usually a statement that goes something like "when we get back from..." before either one of us realizes what we just said.

The 10/2 itinerary is going to be all about her that day. Pirate Cruise, BBB appointment, and then MNSSHP after that. I'm a little worried that it will be too much for her. However, she's the type that can't stand to sit and do nothing, so I think she'll be OK.

Iluvepcot we will be there at the same time. We arrive OCt 28 and are going to MNSSHP on the 31. We bought our tickets back in Feb. so I don't know about selling out. I do know they only have to many tickets.

I have a question for everyone. I just bought my two girls costumes. My 3yo is going to be Sleeping Beauty and my 2 yo is going to be Belle. I have made there costumes in the past and decided to buy them this year. We spent close to $150. Is that normal? Could I have found these things for dirt cheap somewhere? My DH almost passed out when she gave us our total. These weren't even the deluxe costumes. We figured it was special and will just cry one more time when the credit card bill comes.

I can't believe that I am the first back to respond to you. We went on Friday night and had a great time. We went in about 4:00-4:15 and got our free stroller. I got a double for my dd. It was nice to have the extra room. We then went to our ressies at LTT. Way to much food but it was fun to see the characters dressed up. We also came in costume and it was fun to show up all dressed up. Everyone was looking at us. My dh was Aladdin and my dd4 and I were both Jasmine. They would not let Abu in so we left him in the Kennel (at least that is what we told everyone all night) and the Genie took off with flying carpet so look for him. My mom made the costumes and she made my top with a very low clevage line. The women gave me dirty looks and the teen boys keep starying at me. After we ate we found it only fitting to ride Aladdin and have our picture taken with Jasmine and Aladdin. To our surprise the Genie was out too. We asked the cm to take our picture, which she was happy to do. Aladdin and Jasmine made a big deal out of us. After we had our picture taken the cm picked up another camera to take a picture. I told her it was not my camera and she said she knew. Someone else requested a picture of us. It was Aladdin's personal camera! We then rode small world. When we came out it was raining so we took cover (dh said we did need our poncho's that night). When the rain died down we started trick or treating. We hit a couple of treat spots. They don't have all the same spots and one of them I never found (I also did not look hard). Off to pirates. My husband and I took turns as my dd4 does not like it. We had originally planned to do the second parade but there was plenty of front row spots 15 minutes before the parade so we grabbed a spot. The parade was delayed due to the weather. The headless horseman did ride even though the ground was wet. I think he went much slower than last year. Last year if you blinked you missed him. The parade was wonderful even though it rained through most of it. After the parade we did more trick or treating and then watched the fireworks. We stood in the cirle in front of the castle near tomorrowland and I did not like the spot as the trees were blocking the fireworks. We then did a dance party and more trick or treating. We rode buzz a couple of times and more trick or treating. We left somewere between 11:15-11:45. Last year my dd and I got about the same amount of candy that my dd, dh and I got this year. I also think we got more autograph's last year.

Any questions just ask.

Heather, thanks so much for the great report!
The women gave me dirty looks and the teen boys keep starying at me.
:lmao: The costumes sounds wonderful!! Glad you had such a good evening! :)

Are these Dance Parties continous through the evening, even through Parade times. Or are there certain times that they start & stop?
TIA.

Windy City Heather said:
I can't believe that I am the first back to respond to you. We went on Friday night and had a great time. We went in about 4:00-4:15 and got our free stroller. I got a double for my dd. It was nice to have the extra room. We then went to our ressies at LTT. Way to much food but it was fun to see the characters dressed up. We also came in costume and it was fun to show up all dressed up. Everyone was looking at us. My dh was Aladdin and my dd4 and I were both Jasmine. They would not let Abu in so we left him in the Kennel (at least that is what we told everyone all night) and the Genie took off with flying carpet so look for him. My mom made the costumes and she made my top with a very low clevage line. The women gave me dirty looks and the teen boys keep starying at me. After we ate we found it only fitting to ride Aladdin and have our picture taken with Jasmine and Aladdin. To our surprise the Genie was out too. We asked the cm to take our picture, which she was happy to do. Aladdin and Jasmine made a big deal out of us. After we had our picture taken the cm picked up another camera to take a picture. I told her it was not my camera and she said she knew. Someone else requested a picture of us. It was Aladdin's personal camera! We then rode small world. When we came out it was raining so we took cover (dh said we did need our poncho's that night). When the rain died down we started trick or treating. We hit a couple of treat spots. They don't have all the same spots and one of them I never found (I also did not look hard). Off to pirates. My husband and I took turns as my dd4 does not like it. We had originally planned to do the second parade but there was plenty of front row spots 15 minutes before the parade so we grabbed a spot. The parade was delayed due to the weather. The headless horseman did ride even though the ground was wet. I think he went much slower than last year. Last year if you blinked you missed him. The parade was wonderful even though it rained through most of it. After the parade we did more trick or treating and then watched the fireworks. We stood in the cirle in front of the castle near tomorrowland and I did not like the spot as the trees were blocking the fireworks. We then did a dance party and more trick or treating. We rode buzz a couple of times and more trick or treating. We left somewere between 11:15-11:45. Last year my dd and I got about the same amount of candy that my dd, dh and I got this year. I also think we got more autograph's last year.

Any questions just ask.

Did you come by and see the Alice in Wonderland characters? If so, I think I saw you!

The dance parties were at certain times. I don't remember the times but we went right after the fireworks.

Yes, we went back on the Alice trail twice. No character were out the first time. The second time was about 10:30. We saw Alice, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum but the Queen of Hearts was leaving.

I'm ready for next Friday night. I'll be the DISer in a lime green wig :thumbsup2 . I think I'll get some Mickey Ears to wear too! DH will not be wearing a costume,but odds are good he'll be in a Mets shirt and hat!

I'll also be with DDs, Alice in WOnderland, Cinderella and a pirate! Stop me to say hi if you see me!

What time & what location did they start handing out the wristbands for guest already inside the park?

We finally got our costumes finished!

P1010094.jpg

If you see Super Mario & Princess Peach during the 10/2 party, say Hi! :)

MosMom... Love those costumes!!! :thumbsup2

Not so sure about the low cut top comment, though... I guess I'm one of those people who thinks Disney ought to be "good, clean family fun"! I'd feel bad for the families who have young boys at their tables! Although, I suppose those boys weren't complaining, were they?! But anyhow....

We leave in 6 days and will be at the 10/5 party! I can't wait! I'm going as The Queen of Hearts, DH is going as the Mad Hatter, and DD2 is going as Alice. I'm not so sure about wearing our costumes to the park, though! I don't think they'll let us in at 4:30 (5:10 ADR's for LTT) in costume, will they? And I don't want to be the only ones dressed up, either! :rotfl:

So, I'm thinking we'll pack 'em up and change after dinner.... Anyone else do this?

MyZoeJane said:
So, I'm thinking we'll pack 'em up and change after dinner.... Anyone else do this?

I'm thinking of doing that too. DS9 is going as a hippy. DS12 is dressing as Alice Cooper (he's at *that* age :rolleyes: lol) and DD2 is dressing as Alice in Wonderland just like your DD! DS12 wants the Alice in Won.... er, I mean the Alice Cooper make up (he'll be getting a fairly tame version) done so I can't imagine having to do that make-up while we're there. Not sure what to do. Just managed to get him leather pants - he has been warned that he might just pass out with the heat but he's determined - I'll be packing shorts and a t-shirt in his backpack.

Oh, DH & I are wearing t-shirts with a photo on them of the 3 kids dressed up in their costumes - I'm excited about making those (if they turn out!)!

MosMom, great costumes - your children are lovely!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter