MMVCP question

darbee

Earning My Ears
Hello. I purchased tickets for 2 days. One is for the MMVCP on Nov 20th and to Animal Kingdom on the 21st. My husbands job situation changed and he no longer has those days off due to hurricane days being used up when the storm came. I know it says that tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Does anyone have any idea what I can do so we don’t lose the money? Thanks so much.

I had a similar situation a couple of days ago. You may have better luck, but no refund was offered. I could switch my tickets to a different night or use them toward another event next year (MNSSHP or MVMCP). I thought that since I have tickets to a sold out party they might do the refund, but no luck.

This is amazing. They really won't just credit your account for whatever future purchase? It has to be a similar event? I had no idea. That is enough that I will never purchase dated event tickets. Things come up all the time in people's lives that require changes of plans. It's one thing to say no refund; but refusing to issue a general future credit seems super harsh.

This is amazing. They really won't just credit your account for whatever future purchase? It has to be a similar event? I had no idea. That is enough that I will never purchase dated event tickets. Things come up all the time in people's lives that require changes of plans. It's one thing to say no refund; but refusing to issue a general future credit seems super harsh.
Agreed. Disney would still be getting my money!

It says no refund when you purchase. They allow you to make an exchange for dates however. How is giving a credit for that same event on a future date on a nonrefundable purchase super harsh???? Many companies do nothing with a nonrefundable purchase you can’t use. Do you get credit for a future purchase if you can’t make a show or concert you bought tickets for?? Do major sports teams?? Some airlines?? At least Disney makes some accommodation. They could just as easily say too bad, no refund, no exchange.

It says no refund when you purchase. They allow you to make an exchange for dates however. How is giving a credit for that same event on a future date on a nonrefundable purchase super harsh???? Many companies do nothing with a nonrefundable purchase you can’t use. Do you get credit for a future purchase if you can’t make a show or concert you bought tickets for?? Do major sports teams?? Some airlines?? At least Disney makes some accommodation. They could just as easily say too bad, no refund, no exchange.
At least Ticketmaster allows you to sell your tickets to someone else

Many people are unable to use the tickets because their trip is cancelled. If they are not local, making it to a later date is often not an option. Why is it unreasonable to expect the money be applied to a different future purchase? A purchase should be a purchase and future credit should not be restricted to the same event.
And when I couldn't make it to a concert or sporting event I was always able to sell or give the tickets to someone else....ALWAYS! I was never told "Too bad. Your loss". And I only fly airlines that allow credits for future flights and there are plenty that do. So Disney is definitely being harsh.
Disney is essentially telling people, unless they are local and can come to the same event at some potentially available date in the future, that yes "too bad. You are out of luck"

Many people are unable to use the tickets because their trip is cancelled. If they are not local, making it to a later date is often not an option. Why is it unreasonable to expect the money be applied to a different future purchase? A purchase should be a purchase.
And when I couldn't make it to a concert or sporting event I was always able to sell or give the tickets to someone else....ALWAYS! I was never told "Too bad. Your loss". And I only fly airlines that allow credits for future flights and there are plenty that do. So Disney is definitely being harsh.
Disney is essentially telling people, unless they are local and can come to the same event at some potentially available date in the future, that yes "too bad. You are out of luck"

🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s their rules. You know them when you purchase. If you don’t like the rules, don’t buy. A business making any accommodation on a nonrefundable purchase just isn’t super harsh IMO. To the contrary, I find allowing an exchange on a non refundable purchase pretty decent on their part.

🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s their rules. You know them when you purchase. If you don’t like the rules, don’t buy. A business making any accommodation on a nonrefundable purchase just isn’t super harsh IMO. To the contrary, I find allowing an exchange on a non refundable purchase pretty decent on their part.
As I said in my original post (#4), this policy is enough that I will not buy. So I already agree with you there. But many "non-refundable" tickets mean just that. They will not give you your money back- hence "no refund". However, many (if not most) of them will issue you a future use credit. And most of those are unrestricted. So considering the cost of these events for a family, I still feel this is an unreasonable policy. Especially in these uncertain times with covid still being an issue, people are being forced to make changes and Disney should do better. An unrestricted future credit is really not a big ask.

In the end if they offered refunds, unrestricted future credit or the ability to resell tickets... people would take advantage of it, and it would hurt their overall business.

And FYI... COVID is over (I know it isn't). Many business are moving back to the old days of you can't cancel, DCL just announced it, and I know Swan & Dolphin have gone back to their preCOVID format. I expect Disney Packages will very soon. So trip insurance is going to be a thing again.

But might check which ever credit card you used... as they sometimes might include some "insurance".

So, I bought tickets for MNSSHP when they went on sell for my sister and I and then she died. I called and they moved my date on the tickets to a few weeks earlier and let me switch my sister's ticket to my cousin. I was told that if we had to cancel those that they would be issued as a credit towards a future ticket purchase. I was told they could put the money only towards tickets and not for resorts or issue a money credit. I hadn't asked, this was just told to me as she was making the changes.

Last edited:
So, I bought tickets for MNSSHP when they went on sell for my sister and I and then she died. I called and they moved my date on the tickets to a few weeks earlier and let me switch my sister's ticket to my cousin. I was told that if we had to cancel those that they would be issued as a credit towards a future ticket purchase. I was told they could put the money only towards tickets and not for resorts or issue a money credit. I hadn't asked, this was just told to me as she was making the changes.
I just wanted to offer my condolences on the loss of your sister. I've read a number of your posts over the years, when you were planning WDW trips and making arrangements for her special needs. She couldn't have had a more caring sibling.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

@CarolynFH and @focusondisney , thank you both.

I ended up going to WDW for MNSSHP with our cousin and her daughter. My cousin named her daughter after my sister though she goes by her middle name. I think going with them was probably the best bet as the 10 year old made things a bit easier to enjoy without too much sadness. We made the carousel our last ride of the night in honor of my sister as she loved carrousels. I did cry quite a bit on the carrousel since I hadn't been able to ride one when I was at DLR in September.

@CarolynFH and @focusondisney , thank you both.

I ended up going to WDW for MNSSHP with our cousin and her daughter. My cousin named her daughter after my sister though she goes by her middle name. I think going with them was probably the best bet as the 10 year old made things a bit easier to enjoy without too much sadness. We made the carousel our last ride of the night in honor of my sister as she loved carrousels. I did cry quite a bit on the carrousel since I hadn't been able to ride one when I was at DLR in September.
What a sweet way to honor your sister! Virtual hug for what you are experiencing now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter