MM Warriors - Three Steps to Good Health (As of 11/18)

Morning, Jocelyn. You would think that if you had a 72 foot sailboat, that you would know how to read charts! Especially if it has happened before! Let us know if it floated off..... I watched Biggest Loser but missed Jay Leno? Who was on and what was the surprise announcement?

I found out that the sailboat owner claimed his anchor chain broke. They were spending the night off of Waikiki. The anchor chain for a 72 foot boat would have to be rather heavy!!!???? It is gone this morning, though, so they did get it off the reef.

Rebecca and Daniel are dating! She looks fabulous. http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/biggest-loser-contestants-reveal-theyre-dating-1970218 Here is the link to the story. I know they mentioned last week on Jay Leno that Daniel would probably have a girl friend to introduce on the final segment.

How do you guys oven cook your turkeys? anybody ever use the oven bag? A co-worker told me her best turkey ever was the one she cooked in a bag....not so sure about that! My mom always put cheesecloth on hers...we fried one last year, but it was such a mess we just dont have the energy to bother with all that this year!!!

I always use the bag. This goes back to the days when I did not have a self cleaning oven. Now I just do it for the ease of cooking the turkey. I nibbled on the one I cooked last night and it came out great. I took all the meat off the bones and will use it for a variety of things now. I froze most, but kept some out for lunches. We are going out for Thanksgiving and having company on the Friday afterward so I will have frozen turkey to take out for next weekend for the 2 of us.

Jocelyn, you had me thinking we had a couple people I forgot about!!:lmao: Then I saw The Biggest Loser part. :rotfl2:

Robin, yes, he is very smart. As Mike and I say, too smart for his own good. He maintained a 4.25 gpa all through school. In his junior year of high school, he began taking courses at the college across town here. He did both schools and still kept that gpa.

I think the birthday thing would be great too. Mine is Dec. 31. I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

Going to make some legal bread for my hot roast beef. I put it in the crock pot this morning and it's falling apart!! The house smells awesome. I don't have any low carb gravy for me, so I'll do without gravy.

:hug: Sorry you're not well. If you're not better it might be good to see the doctor. I can't remember, do you take any prescriptions that might need review?

Just thyroid, rather low dose, but it can make you dizzy, I think I read. I think you all tipped the end of Biggest Loser to me. I paused it to run in here again, lol!

Not yet. I will right now.

I just tried it with a bit of s/f vanilla and the s/f raspberry. OMG it is sooo good. Wish I could put a few frozen blueberries in it too. I can wait. Found my new found love I think. I just need to figure out how many carbs. The original recipe is like 1.5 net carbs. That is using flax. I am using ground up pecans.

Can you tell how many pecans you are using and what the carb count would be? Nuts are a feebie if you do not use a lot, but once you grind them up you might want to see just what the total carb count is. I just looked at my bag of pecans and it is 2 net carbs for 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) whole. The ground almonds are 3 net carbs for 1/4 cup. Flax is 0 net carbs. I do agree, though, that too much flax is a bit much in baked items.

Just thyroid, rather low dose, but it can make you dizzy, I think I read. I think you all tipped the end of Biggest Loser to me. I paused it to run in here again, lol!

Sorry Lisa about the ending of B/L!!! I should have just put the link up without the names. Next time..............

Can you tell how many pecans you are using and what the carb count would be? Nuts are a feebie if you do not use a lot, but once you grind them up you might want to see just what the total carb count is. I just looked at my bag of pecans and it is 2 net carbs for 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) whole. The ground almonds are 3 net carbs for 1/4 cup. Flax is 0 net carbs. I do agree, though, that too much flax is a bit much in baked items.

I just dumped them into my processor yesterday and mixed them :(
I almost a 1/4 cup and added about 2 teaspoons of the flax to make it a full 1/4 cup. I want to do more, so I'll figure it out. I'm thinking maybe about a cup of pecan halves will make 1/4 cup. I'll do it now and see :)
I will see if I can find carb count on it. I know if you use almond flour/meal is adds 2 more carbs, so that would take it up to 3.5 net carb.

I was trying to avoid a whole list of notes from me, but that didn't work as it was easier to quote some posts.

Here is the rest of my ramblings.

Kathy – I am so sorry to hear you are having to go through more heart ache with Mike’s son. Hopefully there will be a good outcome to his disappearance. I don’t understand about a teacher being involved, though????

Robin - could I be included in the e-mail for the pumpkin bread? Hopefully you have access to a scanner and can just scan it in to an e-mail.

Barb – hope you got your deadbolt on today. Such a scary feeling to think someone was rummaging around your space.

Lisa – so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Do you have a drop in clinic where you go for your doctors that could check you out? Again, sorry about B/L ending.

Kathy – if you want some gravy, just put the sauce in a large open pan and boil it down. Works really well.

I'm a March 31st baby - not quite an April Fool!!!

Til' Later........

Jocelyn: I was teasing about BL, really! I'm still watching it, but no big deal! You are so sweet. My parents got remarried on April Fool's so there's another day that's good luck for my family! They were divorced for 10 years and got remarried in time for my sister's wedding and all the grandkids. It's a good story.

Jocelyn: I was teasing about BL, really! I'm still watching it, but no big deal! You are so sweet. My parents got remarried on April Fool's so there's another day that's good luck for my family! They were divorced for 10 years and got remarried in time for my sister's wedding and all the grandkids. It's a good story.

That is a GOOD story, Lisa! I love the day they chose to be re-married!

Jocelyn, the teacher I was speaking of used to be his math teacher in junior high. They kept in touch "over the years" and he has done some odd and end jobs for her around her house.

I just ground up some more pecans. I used 1/2 cup of pecan halves and it produced 1/2 cup ground up pecans. Weird. Here is the carb count on the back of my pecan bag.

Per 1 ounce:

4 carb grams
3 grams fiber

1 net gram per ounce.

So a 1/4 cup is 2 ounces (there are 8 oz. in 1 cup) and that means there are 2 net carbs per muffin minus any "flavorings" such as cocoa or such. I think cocoa is 2 net carbs per tablespoon, so a chocolate muffin would be 4 net carbs.
Hope it makes sense to you.

That is a GOOD story, Lisa! I love the day they chose to be re-married!

It was the first day after their original anniversary that the pass was open on the weekend to get married in Tahoe. They still celebrate on their original date and don't minus the 'missing' years. We just had their 50th this year and Dad bought her a huge diamond - her first:) She wore a gold band all those years. Now she has two rings. Dad was so cute when he brought the ring over for me to see and fused all over the wrapping and everything. It was very sweet. He had the Wing Beneath My Wings played for her at the restaurant the night they got married again.:flower3:

Barb--sorry to hear about the break in--wow, tell your boss you want to feel safe there!

Kathy--prayers for Michaels son, sounds so hard for all of you.

Lisa--feel better, hope its nothing

Jocelyn--keep us posted on the sailboat! oops, jus read it took off this morning

birthday--October 26th

gonna be a quite evening in front of the tube!! have a good one!

I don't know what to say to you guys (girls). I got your present a short while ago. I can't stop crying. I don't know whether to hug you or yell a you. :grouphug:

Lisa, My daughter and I both had a touch of the flu that sounds like what you might have. I felt incredibly tired for a few days...just dragging. My daughter said she had this also plus feeling dizzy too. It never progressed to anything more for us. I just felt like I'd been hit by a ton of bricks. Don't know if this helps.

Robin, If you're in charge of the birthday list, mine is September 27.

Carol
I think I've just blown Step 2

Feast upon the Words of Christ

I don't know what to say to you guys (girls). I got your present a short while ago. I can't stop crying. I don't know whether to hug you or yell a you. :grouphug:

I was trying to figure out how to pick up my medicine and buy food for the week with 40 dollars. I can't talk or think. Just thank you all so much. There was sleeping socks too. I can't even believe all of you. I think that your all angels in MM bodies.

That's a lovely story about your parents. We both have aunts and uncles that did that, too.

You are very, very welcome, Nell! You can cry for a few minutes and then you have to hug us! We love you and hope Marti is feeling better soon. We wish we could be closer so we could help out more.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter