MM Warriors Part Deux (As of October 27)

well I got my "Angel" shopping done...got some nice Dearfoam slippers on sale for $5 at Target, and the soft fleece throws at Kohls for $7.49!! Not too bad I thought! Decided against the puzzles as I thought what if they have no table or somewhere to put it together? No chocolate lotion Lisa, but found some nice ones in sweet pea and lavender...plus the comfy socks and some cute note cards and pens...

Nell - you are so right...I am competetive, so the incentive works for me! I used to be really bad, but now I can sit back and relax more and "let it go"...I believe the Lord has been trying to teach me PATIENCE these days...so I am trying very hard to learn that lesson... ( not doing all that well though, obviously) :laughing:

Lisa - the cookie exchange sounds like such fun! I will be cooking plenty too, as I am giving pumpkin breads and fudge to co-workers and some friends at my old job. I even have the mail lady and UPS guy hooked on the pumpkin bread!! They ask for it every year now!

Natalie - I dont think I ever knew a man who came up with great gift ideas on his own!! they are just clueless sometimes...one year I got a generator for my barn for Christmas!! LOL, here's hoping Ken will be a better gift-giver...he seems to be doing OK so far!!:love:

Bev - where are you? I think we need a new thread!! We are over 1500 posts here!! I would do it , but I am hopeless at that sort of stuff!!

Kate,
It's good to hear that your niece had some small improvement yesterday. If you want to give me her full name, I can add her onto the prayer roll at one of my churches' temples. She would receive thousands of peoples prayers there.
If you want.

Carol
Step2

Feast upon the Words of Christ

Carol - her name is Kristi Nunn. Thousands of peoples' prayers would be wonderful.

Kate, please keep us updated. What a horrible thing to happen. When she comes to the doctors need to be really firm that alcohol is the main cause of what happened to her. If they give her any reason and she has a problem, she'll latch onto the other reason so that she doesn't have to give up what she thinks is the only thing keeping her going. I will keep praying. How are you doing with other things? Is your eating better and are you getting any time with your husband?

Nell - I totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing - that she will find a reason to blame all of this on something else and think that she can continue drinking.... She is still unconscious although she was stable enough today that they were able to start dialysis.

Congrats on the weight loss! I am just sooooo proud of you. My eating is better although not perfect. :confused: I am trying not to be too hard on myself....

well I got my "Angel" shopping done...got some nice Dearfoam slippers on sale for $5 at Target, and the soft fleece throws at Kohls for $7.49!! Not too bad I thought! Decided against the puzzles as I thought what if they have no table or somewhere to put it together? No chocolate lotion Lisa, but found some nice ones in sweet pea and lavender...plus the comfy socks and some cute note cards and pens...

Nell - you are so right...I am competetive, so the incentive works for me! I used to be really bad, but now I can sit back and relax more and "let it go"...I believe the Lord has been trying to teach me PATIENCE these days...so I am trying very hard to learn that lesson... ( not doing all that well though, obviously) :laughing:

Lisa - the cookie exchange sounds like such fun! I will be cooking plenty too, as I am giving pumpkin breads and fudge to co-workers and some friends at my old job. I even have the mail lady and UPS guy hooked on the pumpkin bread!! They ask for it every year now!

Natalie - I dont think I ever knew a man who came up with great gift ideas on his own!! they are just clueless sometimes...one year I got a generator for my barn for Christmas!! LOL, here's hoping Ken will be a better gift-giver...he seems to be doing OK so far!!:love:

are you kidding?? a generator? they truly are clueless!! but I DEFINITELY know Ken will be different--he's already different!

Robin: I would love to have that pumpkin bread recipe. Can you email it to me if you are willing to share?

There is no way to not make your roar with laughter when you read this: I once got strap on knee pads in my Christmas stocking. That was also the year I got a holster for my pruning shears, LOL!:lmao:

Kate: My computer froze and didn’t post my question when I thought it would. I wrote it before you came on with the update.

Lisa, I think the cookie exchange sounds like a fabulous idea! It's awesome that you put it together! You've probably touched a lot of lives by doing that!:hug:

Pony, it sounds like you got the perfect items! This is you buying things for the angel exchange. :littleangel:

I seriously doubt that Ken will ever give you something like a generator for christmas. So, how exactly did you get the thank you out for that without laughing? I would have thought it was hysterical, at the same time as being a little dissapointed.

Kate, I'm glad she is steadily improving. The dialysis will probably help a lot too.

Kate, I don't think anyone's food is completely perfect. Sometimes it's better than others. Even when I'm doing great I can beat myself up for having crackers instead of a starchy vegetable and so on. Keep trying your best and talking to us when you get upset or lonely.:hug:

I am always happy with gifts at christmas as long as I have new slippers or night clothes. I'm easy, lol. I get funny gifts too Lisa. I like things like that for the stocking actually! A new hairbrush, pens etc. And sleeping socks. (the fuzzy ones) See I'm back to night clothes!:rotfl:

I got a Chia Pet.... :confused3 Can you believe that? My ex-husband never did figure out the gift thing. Oh well, he is my "ex"...

Hi all! I will post a new thread right after I finish this update.

Nell - congrats on breaking through a new barrier. You go girl!

Lisa - sounds like you had fun with your parents, and a good day today.

Kate - I will keep your niece in my prayers.

Kathy - good to see you. How is Carrie doing?

Jocelyn - I made you crock pot chili yesterday (with some modifications since I was out of a ton of spices) and it was so yummy. DH loved it too. I need to go back and get more black soy beans.

The muffins sound yummy.

Robin - sounds like you are being a wonderful "angel". One other thing I found old people like are stamps. They still usually have a couple of bills to pay and stamps can get expensive.

DH and I spent the day in St. Louis Christmas shopping. Of course, DD10 wants the one thing that is sold out everywhere. If anyone sees a Mindflex in a store, pick it up and I will pay you for it and for shipping. Thanks a million.

Hi all! I will post a new thread right after I finish this update.

Nell - congrats on breaking through a new barrier. You go girl!

Lisa - sounds like you had fun with your parents, and a good day today.

Kate - I will keep your niece in my prayers.

Kathy - good to see you. How is Carrie doing?

Jocelyn - I made you crock pot chili yesterday (with some modifications since I was out of a ton of spices) and it was so yummy. DH loved it too. I need to go back and get more black soy beans.

The muffins sound yummy.

Robin - sounds like you are being a wonderful "angel". One other thing I found old people like are stamps. They still usually have a couple of bills to pay and stamps can get expensive.

DH and I spent the day in St. Louis Christmas shopping. Of course, DD10 wants the one thing that is sold out everywhere. If anyone sees a Mindflex in a store, pick it up and I will pay you for it and for shipping. Thanks a million.

Beverly, there is four left in stock on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-P2639-Mindflex-Game/dp/B001UEUHCG Hope you see this soon!

I love chocolate and work with DOVE Chocolate on a daily basis. Did you know that DOVE Chocolate and Martha Stewart are offering special edition DOVE Promises Chocolate featuring messages from Martha Stewart under the signature foil wrapper?

Warm Wishes,
Jackie
DOVE Chocolate Team
Twitter: Dove_Chocolate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter