MM Warriors Part Deux (As of October 27)

Hi,

I started a post yesterday and then did not get back onto the computer as company left really late.

I did not get back on until just a bit ago and it is late here again,

Here is the post I started yesterday:

October 25

http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2009/06/cream-cheese-gingerbread-muffins.html

I just made these muffins to have something else to serve with my dinner tonight. I added a few pecans and I opened my coconut flour instead of the vital wheat gluten and didn’t discover my mistake until I was all done and discovered the VWG has not been opened!!! They came out fine so are gluten free which is also fine with me! I used vanilla Da Vinci as I didn’t have gingerbread flavor.

Bev – I tried to reply to your Facebook request. I hope it worked!!! I haven’t used Facebook except to see things from Diane and MM.

I sent you a note Nell, as I don’t think I am on the main list of e-mails. I might have done something wrong when I sent my address. Did you get that?

Lisa – I use the baking macadamias I buy at Costco. They are not salted. If you want them to have a bit more flavor you can toast them for a bit in the oven.

I’ll be back later to finish the post……

Monday -

I will have to go back and read all the posts I missed, but it won't be until late tomorrow again.

Nell, I got your note back, Thank You.

I hope to be able to spend Wednesday catching up:surfweb:

Thanks for starting the new thread, Beverly

Love to all of you:love:

Good Morning, Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I pray all is going well with everyone.

Nat - Happy Birthday and many more :bday:

:welcome: back MM friends!

I'll try and check back later. Have a great MM day!

Well, yesterday was week 4 on Step 2 and I have stepped on the scales. I have lost a total of 15 lbs. Yea on that, but boo that it has taken so long. Considering I still want to lose another 125 lbs, it seems like a long way to go. At this rate, it will take another 2 years to complete this journey.:confused3, but I will complete it this time! :goodvibes

I did try on some capris that wouldn't meet last week or two weeks ago, and today I could get them buttoned and zipped. So there is progress being made. Measuring shows some progress also.

OK - here is my question. I have screwed up in timing 3 times in the past week. One day last week I forgot to have an 11-20 within the 5 hour period. It happened again Sunday, it was about 7.5 hours between 11-20s and yesterday it was 5.5 hours. Do you think I have to go back on Step 1 or 10 days? I am afraid it will just confuse me again. I don't have an alarm on my watch, and don't always carry my cell phone. I guess I'll have to start carrying it. I just want to succeed! HELP ME! Do I need to e-mail Diane? If I do, what's her e-mail address? I haven't e-mailed her before. Step 1 was so easy, it's the timing on Step 2 that is killing me.

Good Morning Ladies - Hope everyone is having a pleasant morning. Just checking in to say "Hi".

Gena, Kathy, Natalie (safe travels) - Saying prayers for you this a.m.

Lisa - Hope your peeps like your listing!

Glad to see some of our old friends back with us!!!;) Y'all know who you are!

I popped over to the other site(s) and there is very little going on over there! So sad. Some people look completely lost! Wha'cha gonna do.

Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS day.

Good Tuesday Morning! Pony is out and about on her day off and of course have a ton of things to do!

Kathy - I had not gotten your last PM, so thanks for sending it again...I see the notification so will read it asap.

Jocelyn - Im on FB too, so look for me! Virginiaponygirl - Robin Holder Dimauro... Its fun to check in with you guys there too!

Nell - I didn't receive the updated address list either...maybe I missed the list somehow? I got the first one with like 5 people on it...nothing else? I will e-mail you with my address in case I somehow screwed up when I tried to add mine to the first one you sent out.

Thanks for starting the new thread Bev! I know how you feel about the losses seeming to be very slow. I feel like I am working so hard and not really seeing great losses, but I think the whole idea is that the slow and steady loss means that we will be keeping it off finally and not just gaining and losing and gaining and losing like usual...so I am grateful for the small steps towards the greater future! I think I can figure on about a year total to get where I want to be, and it seems like SO LONG to wait, but patience is a virtue I am always struggling with, and I believe the Lord has his plan for us!
I dont think you need to go back to step 1...Diane told me that at the 5 hour mark the liver begins to slowly dump that glycogen, so to catch it asap...so the times you missed by only 1/2 hour shouldnt be a problem. I have to set my alarm to remind me to eat! I use my cell phone alarm since it is always with me, or some watches have that feature too, if that might help you to remember? I know you have the carb dam foods available, just have to remember to eat them!

Carol - we are being careful not to let the group get too big, and want to stay on the one thread to keep everyone together! I think we are still under 20 people here, so that should be pretty manageable since not everyone posts every day.

Cindy - got your "sistas" e-mail...loved it! Thanks!

I am going back on Step 2 on Sunday...got it all figured out and am ready to make it work this time!

Jocelyn, I know that you told us all about the black soy beans several weeks ago and I found some cans of them. My question for you is: Did you post your recipe for chili at the same time? I have a vague recollection of this but can't find it. Does anyone else remember this and could you possibly direct me to it? I have a Halloween party to go to at church on Friday and there will be a chili contest. We do a trunk-or-treat in the parking lot with people decorating their car trunks and passing out candy. Safe and loads of fun!

Thanks,
Carol

I posted a reply after cindy's earlier, and I see that Carol did too, but they arent showing up on the thread? what s with that?

ok, now that I posted a quick reply I see both posts are here?????

Is anybody else having this problem? When I log into the thread I can only see the first 6 posts unless I post a quick reply, then they all show up? I never had this trouble before and wonder why this is happening?

Well, yesterday was week 4 on Step 2 and I have stepped on the scales. I have lost a total of 15 lbs. Yea on that, but boo that it has taken so long. Considering I still want to lose another 125 lbs, it seems like a long way to go. At this rate, it will take another 2 years to complete this journey.:confused3, but I will complete it this time! :goodvibes

I did try on some capris that wouldn't meet last week or two weeks ago, and today I could get them buttoned and zipped. So there is progress being made. Measuring shows some progress also.

OK - here is my question. I have screwed up in timing 3 times in the past week. One day last week I forgot to have an 11-20 within the 5 hour period. It happened again Sunday, it was about 7.5 hours between 11-20s and yesterday it was 5.5 hours. Do you think I have to go back on Step 1 or 10 days? I am afraid it will just confuse me again. I don't have an alarm on my watch, and don't always carry my cell phone. I guess I'll have to start carrying it. I just want to succeed! HELP ME! Do I need to e-mail Diane? If I do, what's her e-mail address? I haven't e-mailed her before. Step 1 was so easy, it's the timing on Step 2 that is killing me.

Beverly, do you mean you've lost a total of 15 pounds on step2 or step1 and step2 combined? If it's for both then that's a total of 1.25 lbs per week. What does Diane's chart tell you to expect? If you still have 125 lbs to go, I would have expected more loss for both steps to date. I'm not saying this is a rapid weight loss plan but I think you should have expected better. Why don't you give us an example of what you typically eat and how much. It could be you're not eating enough and your body is hanging on to your fat cells for dear life. I don't think you need to go back to step1 at this point but I do feel somethings not right and needs to be looked into. :scratchin

Is anybody else having this problem? When I log into the thread I can only see the first 6 posts unless I post a quick reply, then they all show up? I never had this trouble before and wonder why this is happening?

Mornin' Pony. I don't notice a problem but there could be one I just don't notice :lmao:

Jocelyn, I know that you told us all about the black soy beans several weeks ago and I found some cans of them. My question for you is: Did you post your recipe for chili at the same time? I have a vague recollection of this but can't find it. Does anyone else remember this and could you possibly direct me to it? I have a Halloween party to go to at church on Friday and there will be a chili contest. We do a trunk-or-treat in the parking lot with people decorating their car trunks and passing out candy. Safe and loads of fun!

Thanks,
Carol

Hi Carol. I checked our recipe thread and I don't see a chili recipe from Jocelyn. You can make chili the same way you always do with black soybeans. I do think crockpot cooking would be the best method though because they are very firm and don't break down very easily.

Morning all!

We are half way through step one!! Have a question though someone was talking about the carbs found in meat ( on other thread) and I was looking at the deli meat that I have it is chicken and 98% lean, but it does have 2 carbs and my DH and I are both eating this as a snack if we get hungry we grab that and it satisfies us we eat a lot of it I guess, no sugar count on it though. So are we messing up or is it ok? We have eaten it since day 1 and I hope we don't have to start over!:eek:

Melanie

Morning all!

We are half way through step one!! Have a question though someone was talking about the carbs found in meat ( on other thread) and I was looking at the deli meat that I have it is chicken and 98% lean, but it does have 2 carbs and my DH and I are both eating this as a snack if we get hungry we grab that and it satisfies us we eat a lot of it I guess, no sugar count on it though. So are we messing up or is it ok? We have eaten it since day 1 and I hope we don't have to start over!:eek:

Melanie

Let's see the ingredients. I think I remember someone having to add days to step1 after eating some sugar added lunchmeat..

Nell--Zac went when we was young-maybe 5 so he doesn't remember anything. I can't wait to sit in first class, its whats making me do it! my husband might regret it though, I might have to sit there from now on!! Actually, I thought about getting something, especially for Zac.

Heres something weird, my sister in law called a couple weeks ago to tell us she was going to Florida (their brother lives outside Tampa) and we find out that not only is she leaving on Halloween like us, she's on the same exact plane!! How can that happen????? and we are flying out of Philly, not Newark like usual (for either of us) thats alittle spooky........get it?? Halloween??? ok, nevermind

Welcome Melanie :woohoo:

Thanks Sharron for the birthday wishes! My son is dying to go to SeaWorld so we'll be doing that first! and I definitely will hug Pooh, love him too!!

thanks Barb! I have heard of L-Theanine--I'll have to go out later and get it and see how I am on it. that would be great, I have a friend going through anxiety bad right now, I'll tell her about it, thanks

Thanks Lisa, it gonna be fun, Zac is 12 now so he won't be so excited about the characters, but I still love seeing them! I know they'll love your listing and the food you brought!

thanks Bev for the birthday wishes!! What should we do at SeaWorld first???

(I brought these over from the other thread--I just kept writing and writing until doh, I realized there was a new thread!!)

Good Morning, Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I pray all is going well with everyone.

Nat - Happy Birthday and many more :bday:

:welcome: back MM friends!

I'll try and check back later. Have a great MM day!

Thanks!! Glad to see you here:banana::banana:

thanks Barb! I have heard of L-Theanine--I'll have to go out later and get it and see how I am on it. that would be great, I have a friend going through anxiety bad right now, I'll tell her about it, thanks

When I have something coming up that causes me anxiety, I take 2 every 4 hours or so. It doesn't knock you out like prescription stuff, just seems to take the edge off.

Beverly, do you mean you've lost a total of 15 pounds on step2 or step1 and step2 combined? If it's for both then that's a total of 1.25 lbs per week. What does Diane's chart tell you to expect? If you still have 125 lbs to go, I would have expected more loss for both steps to date. I'm not saying this is a rapid weight loss plan but I think you should have expected better. Why don't you give us an example of what you typically eat and how much. It could be you're not eating enough and your body is hanging on to your fat cells for dear life. I don't think you need to go back to step1 at this point but I do feel somethings not right and needs to be looked into. :scratchin

No, I mean 15 TOTAL :confused3

None of my days have been normal recently, but I'll give you yesterday:

6:30 wake up
7:00 3 pieces of lc toast with light butter (11-20)
8:30 - 10:30 - Monday Morning Moms with 3 cups of decaf & half & half
12:30 uh oh - 15 triscuits (11-20)
1:30 - 6 slices of Oscar Mayer thin sliced deli ham (35 calories & 0 carbs), 1 slice of lf Sargento colby-jack cheese; 3 string cheese
5:30 - 2 packages of apple slices from Subway (going to Zumba and stopped by Subway for DD's dinner) (11-20)
9:00 - ham & cheese sandwich - same OM ham and Sargento cheese on an Arnold's sandwich round (100 calories, 17 carbs) (11-20)
11:00 - pistachios (a lot, but I don't normally do that)
12:00 - all bran crackers (11-20)
12:15 - bed

Ok so that's yesterday.

Today looks like this:

6:15 wake up
7:15 Arnold's sandwich thin as toast with light butter (11-20)
11:15 two small packages of Planters peanuts (total of 340 calories) - I was hungry since I spent all morning on phone with computer problem.
12:00 Lunch - Arnolds ham & cheese sandwich (11-20) with small caesar salad (no croutons)
3:00 Honey crisp apple (11-20)
6:?? Dinner - haven't figured that out yet (11-20)
10:00 11-20 snack

I certainly seem to be getting enough food, but it took me the 8 weeks in the beginning to lose 10 lbs. Something doesn't seem right.

Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter