• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MM/EMH this coming Mon-Wed? Military hopper?

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
Per the calendar at Disneyland.com Disneyland has the hour all three days, DCA doesn't have any.
Military hoppers usually don't include a MM, right?
What day/days would you suggest they *my dad and kids* start their day in Disneyland?

Are Mon and Wed the EMH hour for Disney hotel guests?

You are referring to 3/31-4/2, correct?
If so, the DLR calendar shows EMH at DCA on Mon and Wed and EMH/MM at DL on Tue.
Correct...military hoppers do not include MM.

Actually the 3 day military hoppers do give you 1 MM. I have my tickets in hand and could swear they say MM on them I will have to double check that!

Actually the 3 day military hoppers do give you 1 MM. I have my tickets in hand and if you read them the do in fact say 1 MM

Really? That's definitely a change from when we were there in December 2012. I'm so excited now! :banana: We're making a very spur of the moment trip on the 8th and will be using military hoppers. I haven't bought them yet so I can't confirm what my tickets say. I purchased them on base last time and they definitely did not include a MM. Did you purchase your tickets on a base or at the Disneyland gate? I wonder if it makes a difference....

FWIW, the 3-day Salute hoppers I used in May 2013 did not have MM. Additionally, the Disneyland site itself says that they do not include the MM. However, it is possible that military *discount* tickets (not the Salute tickets) may have the MM, if those are still sold.

FWIW, the 3-day Salute hoppers I used in May 2013 did not have MM. Additionally, the Disneyland site itself says that they do not include the MM. However, it is possible that military *discount* tickets (not the Salute tickets) may have the MM, if those are still sold.

Good point!

Yes, are you talking about discounted military tickets you can buy on base? Or, are you talking about the 3-day military salute tickets purchased on base or at the gate? You can buy them on base and save the tax, but they do still sell them at the Disneyland ticket booth.

I'm absolutely positive our 3-day military salute tickets did NOT have a magic morning included when we were there in Dec 2012.

EMH is separate from MM. It's a perk of staying at a DLR hotel, not attached to the ticket.

Actually the 3 day military hoppers do give you 1 MM. I have my tickets in hand and if you read them the do in fact say 1 MM

Salute tickets ($129) do not have MM, at least in 2012, 2013, or 2014. The regular military discount tickets (can't remember the price, but only$5-10 off normal price) do have MM. Most people buy the Salute tickets... I'm actually not sure why anyone would buy the regular ones, but that's just me--I can't see paying $100+ for that one MM!

I'm actually not sure why anyone would buy the regular ones, but that's just me--I can't see paying $100+ for that one MM!

Do you have to have the service member with you for the regular military discount tickets? In theory (and sometimes in practice *G*) they're supposed to check to make sure the ID holder is with you for the Salute tickets.

Also, you're limited to how many Salute tickets you can buy per year. If you exhaust those, the regular ones would do.

Do you have to have the service member with you for the regular military discount tickets? In theory (and sometimes in practice *G*) they're supposed to check to make sure the ID holder is with you for the Salute tickets.

Also, you're limited to how many Salute tickets you can buy per year. If you exhaust those, the regular ones would do.

Fair point--we never go over our Salute limits! We have 6 eligible members in our extended family, so if we need a large amount, we buy our limit, and then SIL buys her limit, etc. Honestly, we've never needed that many! You do need someone with military ID when using the Salute tickets. I know they checked my ID multiple times on my trip last month. It was never an issue for us since I have my dependent ID.

Hmm thats strange. I bought my military salute tickets at MWR and they are 3 day park hoppers. I called Disney to be sure that ALL 3 day park hoppers are eligible for 1 MM and was told yes- even military salute. Good thing we changed hotels to the DLH otherwise I would be pretty mad about not getting the 1 MM entry. That wouldn't be the first thing I was wrong about lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter