MKPS in November??

MeredithKaye

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!! I am a Disney WDW bride to be with my first post. I've been looking through the boards for months now and many of you have answered my other questions, but this one I haven't found yet. If by chance it is some else, please post the link!

My fiancée and I are getting married next November and I was planning to have the Magic Kingdom Portrait Session in front of Cinderella's castle. It has been my dream to have my wedding photos there since I was a little girl, especially when I found out it was actually possible! There is only one problem, the holidays. But I know they start decorating for Xmas the day after Halloween. We are planning the wedding for the 16th. I don't know how long it takes them ( I imagine a while, that's a lot of lights) but they also have the stacks up against the castle in order to decorate it. Does anyone know how long it takes them to decorate or am I going to have to kiss my session goodbye? We live in Maryland and having to go down to WDW to spend more money for hair, makeup ect all over again might be too much. Advice please! :lovestruc

Thank You!
Meredith

I don't know the answer but I do know that this year the black out dates are a lot more extensive becuase of the fantasyland expansion. I'm sure I have read it on here though, i'll have a search for you.

couldn't find anything but I remembered one bride I know who has moved her date from Nov to Oct for that very reason.

If I remember right, the blackout dates last year were November through January. It may have extended into October also. I'm not completely sure what the blackouts are for this year, but I believe they are about the same.

The consensus is that it's because of the new Fantasyland. With nearly all of it opening this December, I would hope the blackout dates are less next year and only encompass holiday decorating times as they have in the past.

Unfortunately, we can't know for sure until next year.

All of November is blacked out for MK due to construction. The only sessions available are for the other parks :(

I'm actually getting married November 17th this year and unfortunately all the dates are blocked out from November until the middle of January. They say this is because the holidays and all the construction but I would definitely check with you planner once you sign your contract! Good Luck!:goodvibes

Oh wow thank you everyone!! We actually ended up moving the date. Best wishes to everyone on their big days and anniversaries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter