MK Touring Question with First Timers

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

We (my mom and I) will be taking two first timers to Disney September 7 and September 8. Two adults (my bff), a mother/daughter 50s and 80 (the 80 year old will be using a scooter and so will my mom).

We will not be staying in parks all day but get up early so doing RD. My FP day is in a couple of weeks so trying to get ready.

We are doing Epcot on September 7 and have the Rose and Crown Illuminations dinner for the evening.

I have a question for our MK day.
RD is at 7 am and we plan on arriving to be at front of RD (staying at GFVs).

I originally had us doing the following:

RD for 7 am

My bff and I would walk with crowd to 7DMT while the moms meet us at Pooh (they can park and wait or do that once while waiting for us).

7DMT (bff and I)
PP (Moms can park and meet us here)
Pooh
Small World

Then, this is where I got mixed up. I was going to do the following:

HM
9 am - 10 am: Splash
10 am - 11 am: Pirates
JC

BUT, I want to make sure we do Buzz and People Mover. We are not doing SM.

11 am - 12 pm: Buzz
PeopleMover
CoP

Should I start the FPs earlier?

Would above work? I can then do Mickey's Phila, Tiki, etc. after CoP?

The attractions I listed above, I would want to make sure we do. The rest is extra. If they want to stay in the park, great. I can grab more FPs after we tap out our last one and do the CoP, Tiki shows, etc.

We have a 7 pm dinner in DTD at Wine Bar George (one of our favorites and we all enjoy wine).

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Have you considered trying for FPs for 7DMT and Peter Pan and having a more relaxed RD experience in Frontierland/Adventureland?

Have you considered trying for FPs for 7DMT and Peter Pan and having a more relaxed RD experience in Frontierland/Adventureland?

No, thank you for that suggestion.
The only two people that would do 7DMT would be my friend and I, not the moms. My mom really doesn't like it and the other one won't want to ride it. I also think I need to save my FP for Buzz and Splash, is that correct?

I think it's fine. If you find you have some time to kill prior to your Splash FP+, you could always do Mickey's Phil before you head to Frontierland so you don't have to do a lot of backtracking. I would also try to do Tiki room prior to heading over to Tomorrowland if time allows.

I don't have any experience with 7am opens, but I feel like the wait for Splash doesn't start to really build before 10 and the wait for JC is building a lot faster than in the past. I would probably make my FPs for PoC, then JC, take a break for an early lunch then do a FP for Buzz.

I think it's fine. If you find you have some time to kill prior to your Splash FP+, you could always do Mickey's Phil before you head to Frontierland so you don't have to do a lot of backtracking. I would also try to do Tiki room prior to heading over to Tomorrowland if time allows.
Thank you. The only thing I think is that I rather do the large loader attractions later in the morning/early afternoon and get the ones that build up lines done earlier.

I don't have any experience with 7am opens, but I feel like the wait for Splash doesn't start to really build before 10 and the wait for JC is building a lot faster than in the past. I would probably make my FPs for PoC, then JC, take a break for an early lunch then do a FP for Buzz.
Thank you.
So you would take out HM FP and use for JC?
Do I remember correctly that the Frontier Land and HM area don't open during EMHs? I seem to remember being done with FL and then waiting to get further into the lands. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter