• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK-Sunday or Monday?

Gatordad815

Earning My Ears
Hello experts! I’m planning a family Disney trip late April and my options for our MK day are a Sunday when MK has nighttime extra magic hours or a Monday when they do not. We are not staying on property & wouldn’t use Evening EMH anyway as kids are small & will be in bed by then. Typically on an MK day we arrive by rope drop and are gone by 4:00 at the latest.

I know crowd calendars suggest avoiding MK on Mondays (not quite sure why) and avoiding any park with EMH’s. I also know crowd calendars can be unreliable. So I’m just curious to know from you experts: 1) are Mondays actually really bad at MK; and 2) would a Sunday evening EMH have a noticeable impact on morning and early afternoon crowds?

If you were planning on arriving at rope drop & being back at your hotel before dinner, which day would you go?

Thank you in advance for any input!

In April, I don't really see that the crowds would be too heavy anyway so I think it would be ok for either to be honest

Go on Monday. If you're offsite then always go with when there are no emh. In general, I really don't think the day of the week affects how busy a park is

We are doing a Sunday at MK in late April on a date when there are pm EMH (maybe the same Sunday you are referring to!) and our plan is to be there around 8:15 to enjoy Main Street, see the welcome show and tour the park all morning. We're planning to leave the park for the day after the 3:00 parade. We have a non-park dinner ADR that night. The Sunday worked as MK day in our plans, so we're doing it. They actually added the evening EMH after we had already planned to be there that day. I may be wrong, but I don't think all of the people planning to take advantage of the EMH that night will also be at rope drop that morning. So the potentially bigger crowds shouldn't alter our morning touring plans. And if I'm wrong, we'll make the most of it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter