MK Ride Lines Near Closing on Party Days

skwez

Earning My Ears
On my trip later this month I'm planning a day at MK when MNSSHP is scheduled that night. I'm not attending the party. How early do they shut down the lines prior to the party for park guests?
For example, let's say that Peter Pan has a 60 minute wait (because it always does), would I be able to get into line at 5:30pm when the park closes at 6pm? Or since I'm not attending the party would I not be able to enter the line (since I'd then be in the park well past the 6pm closing)?
Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

You can enter the line right up until the official park close, which will be 6 PM on Party Nights. This is always true for any park close time. If close is 9, then you can enter at 8:59 (though your time and the system time may be off bey a little so don't cut it that close). You will always be allowed to ride. If it takes so long that the party has started, you will simple be directed to exit the park immediately. It's no big deal.

Also note, that sometimes wait times are exaggerated at park close, so if you see a posted wait of 45, it might only be 25, or even less. It's like after a certain point they just stop lowering it. Close to closing time is quite often a great time to ride!

You can enter the line right up until the official park close, which will be 6 PM on Party Nights. This is always true for any park close time. If close is 9, then you can enter at 8:59 (though your time and the system time may be off bey a little so don't cut it that close). You will always be allowed to ride. If it takes so long that the party has started, you will simple be directed to exit the park immediately. It's no big deal.

Also note, that sometimes wait times are exaggerated at park close, so if you see a posted wait of 45, it might only be 25, or even less. It's like after a certain point they just stop lowering it. Close to closing time is quite often a great time to ride!

Perfect! That's exactly what I was assuming, but wanted to double check. Appreciate the quick reply!

Dont expect the lines to be slow though. The party goers can enter the parks at 4 pm and by 6 pm the lines were getting pretty long just because you had the general park crowds plus the party crowds all in the park at once.

My experience in early September was that they had CMs stationed at the beginning of where you enter the line and starting promptly at 6 pm they would not let you enter the line if you did not have a party bracelet on. We did have the bracelet and found the rides we did from around 4:30 or so on had short lines, we did Jungle cruise, Pirates, haunted mansion and BTMRR. Oh and very short line for Dole whip too, lol, so had to stop!!! But then by around 7 pm ride lines built again

Dont expect the lines to be slow though. The party goers can enter the parks at 4 pm and by 6 pm the lines were getting pretty long just because you had the general park crowds plus the party crowds all in the park at once.

Right, makes sense. In my case, I actually don't mind the line. I have a FP for Pan a later day, but I haven't ridden in a few years and haven't seen the new queue. I figure this will be a perfect excuse to take my time in it before park close. And since I don't have other plans until dinner at 8:30pm (at Chef Mickey), I won't feel rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter