MK Railroad

RMO87

Earning My Ears
I'll be at the Magic Kingdom around Memorial Day. Has it been announced yet when the railroad will re-open (I did a search here and couldn't find an answer)? Are there any other attractions that are currently closed? Thanks in advance!

Ryan

It's unclear when the railroad would open, but they were testing the train on the tracks as of February 1st of this year.

As for your other question, only Enchanted Tales with Belle is scheduled for refurbishment at Magic Kingdom Park during your dates, as per the WDW website.

It's unclear when the railroad would open, but they were testing the train on the tracks as of February 1st of this year.

As for your other question, only Enchanted Tales with Belle is scheduled for refurbishment at Magic Kingdom Park during your dates, as per the WDW website.
Enchanted tales has never reopened since March 2020 I assume it will stay closed till face characters start meeting w/o distance measures due to the nature of the show

I don't believe the tunnel and tracks are completed yet near the new Tron attraction so those steps will need to finish first.

To see what may be closed on your dates, go to the MDE app and click the 'hamburger' (3 lines) in the bottom right of the screen.

From there select, 'Park Hours and Info'.

If hours have been announced for your date(s), click those and it will list what is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment on those dates. Unfortunately if park hours have not been announced for your dates then this method will not work.

It's my understanding they have to run the trains periodically to keep them in current state of repair, or something like that

From photos that have been released, they are working on the tunnel by Tron, but it and the tracks are not done.
I don't expect to see the train run until they are completely finished with the outside construction of Tron. A heavy item dropping on the tunnel as the train filled with guests goes through is not a scenario Disney or anyone wants to see.

I don't believe the tunnel and tracks are completed yet near the new Tron attraction so those steps will need to finish first.

To see what may be closed on your dates, go to the MDE app and click the 'hamburger' (3 lines) in the bottom right of the screen.

From there select, 'Park Hours and Info'.

If hours have been announced for your date(s), click those and it will list what is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment on those dates. Unfortunately if park hours have not been announced for your dates then this method will not work.
This method still shows Expedition Everest as being closed until May 1st, while the web page for the attraction still vaguely states mid-April. I presume the app will be updated to reflect a more accurate date once a firmer deadline is announced? Or is it the web page info that typically lags behind the app?

I might have imagined this, but...Wasn't there a list of "New in '22" from Disney at some point and Tron was omitted? Seemingly indicating it will be some time in 2023.

I might have imagined this, but...Wasn't there a list of "New in '22" from Disney at some point and Tron was omitted? Seemingly indicating it will be some time in 2023.
Yes, you're correct. Tron was originally scheduled for 2022 but Disney's 2022 announcement around the end of 2021 excluded Tron.

Once the track connection begins to take shape, it shouldn't be too long after that to get the train running. It's just there's no movement yet on that front.

Is there any way to find out when and where train testing will be viewable? Who might one ask when in MK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter