MK Photo Shoot Questions - So Bummed

GleepingBeauty

Mouseketeer
So my DF and I were planning on doing the MK photo shoot the morning of the wedding to save on money. But they have an Ambassador thing going on that day so we have to do it another day. :sad2:

My questions are for those of you that did the photo shoot on a different day.... Did you have to have your dress re-steamed? What about your bouquet and boutonnière... how did they look? We will be getting married on a friday and they can't do a photo shoot until sunday.

Thanks in advance

my sister didnt no, and i wont be either. You only really need it steamed after it's been stuck in the case for hours. Just hang it up and put it somewhere safe til the next day or whenever you have it :lovestruc

CJinWonderland Thanks! That is a relief! What was her time line for the wedding and the photo shoot was it the next day?

CJinWonderland Thanks! That is a relief! What was her time line for the wedding and the photo shoot was it the next day?

your welcome :goodvibes her wedding was at 12:00, and she had her shoot not the next day but the day after becuase she wanted to spend the next day with her new hubby :lovestruc

your welcome :goodvibes her wedding was at 12:00, and she had her shoot not the next day but the day after becuase she wanted to spend the next day with her new hubby :lovestruc

Sooo sweet! How cute!

What about her bouquet and boutonnière? Did they stay looking good that long? And if so how did she keep them looking good?

Everything was going smooth and then this happens and I feel so stressed. I am silly like that I guess :laughing:

Mine was originally planned this way , but the floral refresh was priced at $125 for the bouquet and bout. Plus the cost for hair and makeup...

I ended up switching mine to the day of the wedding for these reasons....sorry it didn't work out for you that way!

Sooo sweet! How cute!

What about her bouquet and boutonnière? Did they stay looking good that long? And if so how did she keep them looking good?

Everything was going smooth and then this happens and I feel so stressed. I am silly like that I guess :laughing:

she had her flowers upgraded to a silk set which was an extra $75 but it ment that she could get them back to england and keep them forever! :goodvibes same with his boutonniere. So i would definatley recommend that!

But i had normal flowers for my bouquet as a brides maid stayed looking perfect until we left a week later, when i had to throw them away. :sad1: I would just say keep them cool, maybe keep your air con on high during the day or if your room has one put them in the fridge?

hope this helps! :goodvibes

We didn't have the dress re-steamed. It looked fine. I did have hair and makeup come again, so there was that expense. I also had the floral re-fresh, which I'm not sure was worth it. I think my flowers would have held up just fine. They did bring DH a new boutonniere, but I think his probably would have held up too.

I didn't have my dress steamed. I did have a floral refresh that cost $100 and I had my hair and makeup done again that morning. I got married on a Mondayat 12pm and had my shoot Wednesday morning.

Thank YOU! Everyone! I think it will work out. I am having a hard time deciding on flowers anyways so i thought i would ask which flowers hold up the best and chance it. If they don't look so hot then just don't use them :)

I have made an appointment to get my makeup and hair done again.

I think in the long run it will be lots of fun. I will get a chance to wear my dress again and get great pictures. After the shoot we are going to do the Trash the Dress so that should be lots of fun!

Has anyone done the Disney Trash the Dress? Do we get to go to one of their water parks or is it all at hotels?

Did you see the picture on Facebook of the couple under water! I want that!!

Here is the picture on Facebook!

Oh, I meant to tell you that for our Escape Wedding, the wedding was on Friday morning, and I dropped my bouquet off Monday morning to be preserved. It had been in the fridge in water all weekend, and it was fine (although, honestly, I think the stems were fake...so the water probably didn't help).

At any rate, it looked perfect 3 days later without a refresh. It was a tropical style with mini calla lilies, Cymbidium orchids, roses and greenery. More structural flowers tend to last a bit longer. Fragile ones with lots of ruffles and layers (that look like you might have picked them out of your garden) would be more delicate. Roses are usually fine, though.

what sort of time do you all get your hair stylists on the morning of your photo shoot? Do they charge extra for a super early morning appt?

I just booked the appointment for the MK shoot and they are going to be at my hotel at 4am for the 6am MK time slot.
Beaute Speciale charges $50 fee for any appointment starting before 6 am.
;)

These are my flowers 4 days after the wedding:

WDWWeddingHoneymoon410.jpg

Thank you GleepingBeauty, unless B.S. go down hill dramatically in the next year or so I think i'll be going for them:thumbsup2

It all evens out: Beaute Special charges a $49 early-morning fee but no travel fee; Patricia Lejeune doesn't charge an early-morning fee, but she does have a $50 travel fee (waived for the trial run). :thumbsup2

Does patricia come to your hotel for the trial run then? I always thought brides had to go to her salon?

Do the others come to the hotel for the trial run?

Does patricia come to your hotel for the trial run then? I always thought brides had to go to her salon?

Do the others come to the hotel for the trial run?

Racey,

Do you have a copy of Passporters Guide to Disney Weddings and Honeymoons e-book. I think it would help you with a lot of your questions. Not that we mind helping you out on hear either :hug: but I think it would give you a clear picture on what is available. If you don't have a copy you can download it here. There is a small fee $8.95 about five british pounds or so.
http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

The author is Lurkyloo on the boards here and she put it together to help us all in planning our weddings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter