MK or EP

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
My nephew is 5 years old. In 2019 we took him to MK and AK. We are taking him to Disney again and will only have 2 park days. I definitely want to take him to HS, but am conflicted on the second park. I think he would like EP, we would be there during FOTA. A few people have been saying we can't go to Disney and not take him to Magic Kingdom. Thoughts?

I’ll be the voice of dissent and say Epcot since it’s new to him. They have some great rides for kids too, plus the aquarium!
I’ll definitely be outvoted, but I think he will have fun no matter what you choose. Okay

You may want to save EPCOT for a trip in a year or 2 when all the new areas are open and construction walls are down? However, one of the places my almost 11 year old named as a priority for our upcoming trip is the Mission Space play area where she last played when she was 6 or 7. There is magic for all ages in all the parks so I’m sure he’ll have a great time no matter which park you choose. (Festival of the Arts will also be really nice for the grownups and you all count too!)

Another unpopular opinion but I'm going for it, get park hoppers and do HS and Epcot one day and AK and MK another day. No reason to choose, go back to the resort between the two and rest or eat.

If you don't want to do that, maybe ask him? Most 5 year olds know what they like. My son always loved Epcot from the first minutes he stepped foot in it but he is a little different than most kids and loved learning and loved history so to get to talk to the different cm's in WS about their home lands was special for him (he ended up getting his degree in anthropology).

Which did he like better? AK or MK? I’d go back to one of those and save Epcot for when he’s slightly older.

We have decided to go to MK and HS. He keeps telling his mom that he wants to go back to Disney, so I am thinking he means Magic Kingdom. We are discussing adding a park hopper to be able to go to Epcot

Another vote for MK. And park hoppers. It's super easy (and fun!) to jump from MK to Epcot on the monorail, which I'm sure he will love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter