MK on June 5th, Crowded Due Too Gay Days

vicnmickey

I wish I was Cruising
We are planning on spending the day at AK, but want to go to MK that evening for Spectro. June 5th, which is the big night for Gay Days. What are the chances the park is going to be too capcity and they would not be allowing off site guests in?
This is the only night Spectro is showing and I would really like to get a taste of it again, last year we so enjoyed the show.

Thank you again for you help :wave:

I don't think they'll close the park for capacity reasons.

I'm not saying it would be the ideal place to be crowds wise, but I don't think it'd close.

Someone with more experience will give you a better answer! :)

We have gone to MK on the evening of Gay Day a couple times and found it to be fairly crowded but nothing like earlier that day. I think you'll be fine.

That is the same thing we are planning on doing. We arrive June 4th and thought we would go to AK that day until it closes at 6 then hop to MK for Spectro and Wishes. We are going to be there all week but the only other time Spectro is on is Tuesday night, which we are going to Mickey's Backyrard BBQ, and the next Saturday night. I am afraid that if we wait till the last Sat. of our trip it will poor rain and we might miss it. We will get to see Wishes a couple times so really our whole reason for venturing over will be to see Spectro.
We are staying at the Dolphin so capicity isn't an issue but all the bussin around will be.
Have a good trip!
Bill

Not every time, but sometimes, in the past Disney has added a Spectro on Friday night as well, with very little previous notice.

But, yes, the Saturday crowd will start to thin out some by evening. There are some private ticket parties that evening, as well people hitting the clubs at PI.

But I do suggest you double check the schedule just prior to leaving for the trip in case they do add an "extra" Spectro. If not, allow plenty of time to arrive at MK and locate a viewing location, while the crowd will be thinning, it will still be busy.

As a matter of fact Chuck it looks like Disney has taken the second Spectro away for June 5 at least as of now. There's another thread with this topic near here. They added a Spectro on Monday the 7th though so go figure!

Wow, and they changed the hours too. The old hours had Mk closing at 11 on saturday, now it says 10, and closing at 11 on Monday the 7th. That is going to be a late e-ride on Monday, if it's 11-2AM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter