MK on a Non-Party Day?

Kbosch

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to plan our MK days to coincide with MNSSHP days so it will be less crowded, but I don’t know if it will work out that way. We will be at MK for a party day (9/29) so my choices for the second time back are either to go on a non-party day (10/2) and deal with the crowds but be able to see HEA, or go on the day we go home (10/3) and have to leave the park by 3 so we can get back to CBR/head to the airport. My husband will only be with us for the 1st four days of our trip so I was trying to do 1 park each of those days so he can see them all.

I would rather go to MK on the 2nd and HS before we leave on the 3rd, but not sure how much worse the crowds are on a non-party day. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don’t know about MNSSHP but I’m very familiar with the crowds surrounding MVMCP. The non party days are very crowded, the party days are much less so. Crowds pick up on the party days around 4. We stay in MK til 4 then hop elsewhere on party days. Everyone wants to see HEA. Which only happens on nonparty days, so MK will be extremely crowded. Especially in the evening during the fireworks

I haven't been during MNSSHP but have often been there during MVMVP, and I think the two situations are similar. MK is quite a bit less crowded on party days, as many people want to be in a park where they can stay longer, so they go elsewhere. Our experience with MK on a non-party MVMVP day is that crowds are higher, especially for HEA. Since MVMCP (and MNSSHP) are four days a week, that only leaves three days a week for non-party ticket holders to see HEA, and that makes for truly unmanageable crowds in the hub and on main street for HEA. You have to stake out a spot really early and then contend with more and more people crowding in until you have zero personal space are being jostled and squashed at every turn. Unless HEA is a huge priority, or you're willing to watch it from a less popular spot, like Fantasyland, and not the hub or main street, go on a party day. Much more manageable crowds.

When we go during a party season we make sure to have a day at MK that is a party day. Crowds are much lower until they start to let party guests in. We do this knowing that whatever night we chose to see HEA will be a nightmare, but that show is worth it.

When we go during a party season we make sure to have a day at MK that is a party day. Crowds are much lower until they start to let party guests in. We do this knowing that whatever night we chose to see HEA will be a nightmare, but that show is worth it.

This year will be our first trip in December. I would like to go for an evening only on what we would normally consider a non park day just because I’ve seen how gorgeous the castle looks, im so fused as to why the park would be more crowded on a non party day. How do party days work and the extra cost im assuming?

On non party days the morning and afternoons tend to be less crowded because the people going to the party don’t enter the park till later in the afternoon. This is for a several reasons; first the party is a late night so it is hard to go from rope drop to midnight, also you don’t need a park ticket to gain entry for a party. Those who just have tickets for the party can enter the park at 4pm, while people who don’t have party tickets are pushed out at 7pm. So the most crowded part of the day is between 4 and 7. Many people don’t get park hoppers so they avoid MK on party days because they lose some time in the park. Also EMH are usually I other parks on party days, which lures crowds to that park.

On non party days more people will go to MK for the full day and some of those days have EMH or EMM. Since there’s a party’s 3-4 times a week HEA is limited and since it’s still relatively new and very popular it gets crowded when they actually have it. People shorter vacations might only have one night that they can actually see HEA.

Hope that answers some of your question.

This year will be our first trip in December. I would like to go for an evening only on what we would normally consider a non park day just because I’ve seen how gorgeous the castle looks, im so fused as to why the park would be more crowded on a non party day. How do party days work and the extra cost im assuming?

I posted in reply to this above but forgot to reply directly to you. :confused3:confused3 Sorry

I got an insane amount of rides done on the first party day in Aug 2018. It was our arrival day, I planned on taking the day slow, just popping over to magic kingdom for 4 hours or so because we were at the Poly and it was close. Got into the park at noon, went back to our room when it was ready around 3:45. That first day we got Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Space Mountain, and Buzz done in that very short amount of time. So it's completely worth the ticket price in my mind, if you spent the entire opening hours there you might be able to get the whole park done with some strategic fast passes and refreshing.

I am not sure if you just ran your sentence together out of order or if I am misreading it, but you will only be able to see HEA on your non-party day (9/29). Crowds will be much better on the party day than they will be on 9/29.

Ooh this is good to know for us too, planning on doing Not So Scary but planned to spend the whole party day in MK - lack of HEA is a shame but if it gives us a chill time at MK then I'll gladly take the sacrifice. I'm sure it'll be around for a while!

On non party days the morning and afternoons tend to be less crowded because the people going to the party don’t enter the park till later in the afternoon. This is for a several reasons; first the party is a late night so it is hard to go from rope drop to midnight, also you don’t need a park ticket to gain entry for a party. Those who just have tickets for the party can enter the park at 4pm, while people who don’t have party tickets are pushed out at 7pm. So the most crowded part of the day is between 4 and 7. Many people don’t get park hoppers so they avoid MK on party days because they lose some time in the park. Also EMH are usually I other parks on party days, which lures crowds to that park.

On non party days more people will go to MK for the full day and some of those days have EMH or EMM. Since there’s a party’s 3-4 times a week HEA is limited and since it’s still relatively new and very popular it gets crowded when they actually have it. People shorter vacations might only have one night that they can actually see HEA.

Hope that answers some of your question.

Thanks for the reply. Typically how far out do they post the dates for the party? I guess Ill have to wait till they do to figure out what I’m going to to do the week were there. Do you know what time they usually have the fireworks and the castle show? That’s primarily what I want to see and possibly do 3 or 4 rides that’s it.

Thanks for the reply. Typically how far out do they post the dates for the party? I guess Ill have to wait till they do to figure out what I’m going to to do the week were there. Do you know what time they usually have the fireworks and the castle show? That’s primarily what I want to see and possibly do 3 or 4 rides that’s it.
Dates for the party for 2019:
  • August 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30.
  • September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27 and 29.
  • October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31.
  • November 1.
If the timing is similar to previous years I believe the fireworks are between 9:30-10pm, and the castle show will have a few different showings throughout the night.

EDIT: looking at your other comments I think you're actually looking for MVMCP dates, which I would assume may be posted soon, they posted MNSSHP super early this year (Jan) so maybe in the next month or two? Last year December schedule was Sunday Tuesday Thursday Friday until Christmas Eve.

We have done that several times. The park didn't really start to get crowded until about 4 pm when those with party tickets could enter.

We specifically plan to go to MK on party days. If it is a day trip, we are ready to go home by park close. If we are staying on site, we are ready for a break back at the resort and go to another park in the evening. The crowds have always been "lower" on party days and you can get a lot done being there when the park opens and using FP wisely.

Dates for the party for 2019:
  • August 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30.
  • September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27 and 29.
  • October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31.
  • November 1.
If the timing is similar to previous years I believe the fireworks are between 9:30-10pm, and the castle show will have a few different showings throughout the night.

EDIT: looking at your other comments I think you're actually looking for MVMCP dates, which I would assume may be posted soon, they posted MNSSHP super early this year (Jan) so maybe in the next month or two? Last year December schedule was Sunday Tuesday Thursday Friday until Christmas Eve.

Thanks, where online can I find where the dates get posted?

I am not sure if you just ran your sentence together out of order or if I am misreading it, but you will only be able to see HEA on your non-party day (9/29). Crowds will be much better on the party day than they will be on 9/29.

You are so right, I read everything 3 times before I post it and I still can't get it right lol. I edited it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter