• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK on a Monday - is Sunday much better?

Chunkeymonkey

Earning My Ears
Heading to MK next Monday 2/14. Recent reports about Mondays specifically being bad have given me anxiety and am debating changing to Sunday. Wasn’t sure if there was a material difference between days and I feel like the crowd calendars aren’t as effective right now.

I don't feel like there would be a significant difference between Sunday and Monday. Sunday may actually be worse because it's a weekend and more locals are likely to go there when they are off from school/work. I'm not sure if Valentine's Day would affect that any, but I still don't think it would be a noticeable crowd difference.

I don't feel like there would be a significant difference between Sunday and Monday. Sunday may actually be worse because it's a weekend and more locals are likely to go there when they are off from school/work. I'm not sure if Valentine's Day would affect that any, but I still don't think it would be a noticeable crowd difference.

Agree with this. Weekdays tend to be lower crowds than weekends.

As far as locals go (pixie pass especially) I noticed 2/14 is blocked but 2/21 is not. Interesting that they block Valentine's Day but not President's Day, which is a national holiday.

I have had wonderful luck on Sundays at MK the last few years. It always seems better than when we visit on a weekday later in the week. I think yesterday's lines were so long because the dance competitions over the weekend were done and those families stayed to visit the park.

I spoke to a woman who had gone to MK on Monday Jan 31. She said they only managed 3 rides and the wait times were all 1 -2 hours. We went on Sunday the 30th and though it was crowed it wasn't as bad as that.

As far as locals go (pixie pass especially) I noticed 2/14 is blocked but 2/21 is not. Interesting that they block Valentine's Day but not President's Day, which is a national holiday.
I have the Pirate Pass and am blocked out 2/12 to 2/14. I also thought it was strange that those days are blocked out and not President's Weekend and Day.

Thanks for everyone’s insight.
Now considering Saturday the 12th instead of Monday the 14th. The weather looks bad as of now on Sunday. Thoughts??

Wow so locals with these passes aren’t allowed to go to the parks 2/12-2/14?

I just made the change from MK on Monday the 14th to Tuesday the 15th. Seeing the crazy long wait times yesterday scared me and it being Valentines day next monday i figured it could be just as bad. The wait times today (tuesday) at the MK seem like they are much more relaxed.

I just made the change from MK on Monday the 14th to Tuesday the 15th. Seeing the crazy long wait times yesterday scared me and it being Valentines day next monday i figured it could be just as bad. The wait times today (tuesday) at the MK seem like they are much more relaxed.
Good call! How do you change the days, do you need to call? Tuesdays def seem to be the best days there. Just FYI though it was really rainy today there so not sure those wait times are the norm.

I've actually had good visits to MK on both Saturdays and Sundays. I avoid Mondays. But realize that a variety of factors can affect the crowd levels. Decades ago, for our first visit to MK, we planned for a Friday because Birnbaum's guide (remember that book?) indicated it was slow. All day as we were maneuvering through the park, we kept thinking to ourselves that if the crowds we were seeing were low, we didn't want to see MK during a busy time. It turns out that was the weekend they were saying farewell to Main Street Electrical parade (the first time) and there were actually vehicles parked under the monorail because there was no more room in the parking lot!!! :)

Have fun!

I've actually had good visits to MK on both Saturdays and Sundays. I avoid Mondays. But realize that a variety of factors can affect the crowd levels. Decades ago, for our first visit to MK, we planned for a Friday because Birnbaum's guide (remember that book?) indicated it was slow. All day as we were maneuvering through the park, we kept thinking to ourselves that if the crowds we were seeing were low, we didn't want to see MK during a busy time. It turns out that was the weekend they were saying farewell to Main Street Electrical parade (the first time) and there were actually vehicles parked under the monorail because there was no more room in the parking lot!!! :)

Have fun!

omg!! Glad it didn’t scare you away!

I think the wait times were so good today because MK closed so early and people without park hoppers wouldn’t want to waste a ticket on such a short day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter