• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK magic band freebie: small update + report and pics

Great report! I buy a lot of those postcards but have them framed in my house! These are a few that are in my office.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
Can you run over one morning and grab one more, even if he's in school?

I'm a little surprised/disappointed that they weren't treating these like magnets and limiting it to one per pass. But that might mean there was a way larger supply than anyone realized.

(I'm surprised anyone's trying to resell these - I mean, they're only $30 on ShopDisney, and some folks are asking for a lot more than that on eBay.)
I might do this tomorrow … not convenient but my son would be so happy.

Thank you, all! We got a MB+ for hubby yesterday! Of course, he forgot to wear it today to enter the park ... oh, well. Takes some training, I s'pose.

I got my magic key Magicband today in world of Disney around 6pm. It looked like they still had about 15-20 bands available behind the counter when I checked out.

Thank you, all! We got a MB+ for hubby yesterday! Of course, he forgot to wear it today to enter the park ... oh, well. Takes some training, I s'pose.
We were out of town and will try to find one this week. Was it difficult to find in stock?

I went on Tuesday and had to check three places before I got one. It’s a bit of luck on the timing and which location has what.
Thanks. Do you just take it off the shelf and bring it to the cashier with your purchase or do you need to ask for them?

At least in world of Disney it was behind the register so I imagine it’s the same at all locations that have it in stock. From what I’ve gathered each location gets a specific amount of stock to sell each day.
Don’t know if this is still the case, but when I got mine at world of Disney, I was able to use mobile checkout as well. They had a second person giving out the bands after the first put the confirmation sticker on my bag. Great way to avoid the huge lines that morning.

We were out of town and will try to find one this week. Was it difficult to find in stock?
We found stock at the first place we checked, The Emporium, in early afternoon. We asked first to confirm stock ... then I got in line while hubby hunted quickly for "just the right coffee mug ... or a hat." The MB+ was tossed into the bag automatically after applying our Magic Key discount -- so no need to hunt for the band on the shelves.

I’m at DL now and at around 11:30 I checked at Emporium and they still had them. I don’t plan to get one. A friend has extras and said he’d give me one.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. We got to the parks around 8:45 and WOD opened at 9 am. They had a ton in stock with no lines. Around noon, we walked through the Emporium. The store was relatively empty, but the line to check out was really long. They had a cast member explaining where else people could get the MB with less of a wait.

Just purchased from the shop connected to trolley treats! They allowed 1 band per item in a single transaction. Emporium is sold out so can’t imagine they’ll last much longer.

Don’t know if this is still the case, but when I got mine at world of Disney, I was able to use mobile checkout as well.
I was at Emporium on Sunday and was told explicitly that the MB were not available with mobile orders. Perhaps the CM was wrong and/or it varies from store-to-store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter