MK Lunch with big group - Plaza or Tony's Town Square?

a-mad

Mouseketeer
We have a group of 14 and would like to reserve a TS lunch in MK in late April.

We have been to BOG a couple of times, and while we love it, the prix fixe is just too much for our large party. I would like to try Liberty Tavern, but too many in the group don't want a family style-Thanksgiving/type lunch. We enjoyed Skipper Canteen at a recent visit, but wanted to try something different.

Which would you choose between Plaza or Tony's Town Square? I haven't tried either of them.

Have you a car ? If yes then travel outside of Disney area . Go to Hwy 192 A. Kingdom end.

There are loads of places to choose from & much better priced & plenty of Choices

LOL Your group would fill the Plaza. So that might not work.

Anyway, the Plaza is not terrible. It's just kind of boring American food - or diner food. Club sandwich, burgers, meatloaf, etc. Not insanely overpriced.

Tony's could probably easily accommodate your group. And it's like Olive Garden, nothing exciting, just your usual chicken parm, scampi, sketti meatballs, etc. And again, not insanely overpriced.

I'd take Skipper Canteen (hmmm, steak salad) or Liberty Tree Tavern (turkey lurkey) over the Plaza or Tony's, but that's just me.

They are now asking that groups of 10 or more split their party for dining and lines, so they may not even let you reserve for that many.

Have you a car ? If yes then travel outside of Disney area . Go to Hwy 192 A. Kingdom end.

There are loads of places to choose from & much better priced & plenty of Choices
That works if you are willing to give up a few extra hours of park time. We wouldn’t be, and yes it will take at least 2 extra hours to get that many people off property to eat and back to a park.

Hop on the monorail or walk and eat at The Wave at Contemporary. Nice big place, reasonable prices (for Disney) and they have the BEST (IMHO) dessert on property (Chocolate Flight)

I would consider walking to the Contemporary and eat at The Wave. Or walk to the Grand Floridian and eat in the Grand Floridian Cafe. Or take the monorail to either. (Gasperillas at GF is QS but they have delicious sandwiches, salads made to order, flat breads and mac and cheese. Oh and wonderful desserts!! They also have a beauriful area to sit outside and eat where a large group could all be together without issue. After lunch take a short walk to the boat dock and back to the Kingdom. Ordering would be fast and the variety and price would be great too.

We do enjoy tony's as well but you would need two tables as one of the posters said. Plaza is so tiny and with distancing, I think two tables of 7 wouldn't be possible. Also felt the food at Tony's was better--my burger at Plaza tasted no different than a quick services one at Cosmic Ray's

We just got back from our trip and we ate at Tony's.

I will say this - we got lovely seats and were able to watch the character calvacades go by which was wonderful.

The pizza was pretty good (I tasted some of my daughter's). Do not order the shrimp alfredo. I did not have high expectations and was still disappointed by it. It was the only meal of my trip I would not want to go back to. The noodles tasted as though they sat in a large vat of water for hours and the sauce and no discernable flavor. Once I asked for pepper, the sauce was a little better.

While we were there, the Plaza was closed. There are very limited options right now for a large party in MK (we were a party of 8 ourselves). Maybe just save the table service meals for other days or after close?

I agree with schneewittchen37 Tony’s would work but there are many other places far better. Plus you get to ride the monorail and then come right back on the monorail! Which adds to your experience plus the wave has food that suits everyone’s taste!

That works if you are willing to give up a few extra hours of park time. We wouldn’t be, and yes it will take at least 2 extra hours to get that many people off property to eat and back to a park.

I agree I would not leave the park and come back it is a time waster.

Moving 14 people anywhere takes way longer than expected. I would not leave the park. We have eaten at both Tony's and The Plaza. Both are cafeteria quality food/ quick service quality in a table service restaurant. But, for the convenience, either will do. For lunch, I would choose The Plaza as it's easier to get smaller/lighter meals.

With shortened park hours, reduced TS and a very busy time of year, have you considered cs lunch then a nice dinner in DS or a resort?

otherwise break the group down in smaller parties. Good luck

Resort restaurants that aren’t busy may be willing to bend the rules and seat everyone together but I wouldn’t expect that in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter