• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I haven’t read through all the posts about the new dessert party, but are the new food offerings also for the HEA dessert party before the fireworks or are they only offered for the new dessert party after the fireworks? Also, do we know if the viewing area is in the same location or are they planning on utilizing the West garden area?

I haven’t read through all the posts about the new dessert party, but are the new food offerings also for the HEA dessert party before the fireworks or are they only offered for the new dessert party after the fireworks? Also, do we know if the viewing area is in the same location or are they planning on utilizing the West garden area?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-thread-news-new-“after-fireworks-party”-see-post-1696.3604693/page-85#post-59237095

Also @GADisneyDad14 always keeps the first post updated with current info.

No one knows about the 2nd garden yet.

If the new after dessert party is in the west garden (i know its speculation) which would you say has a better view? (although having to walk from the west garden through the crowds from the fireworks to get to desserts sounds awful)

Yes, new food offerings apply to current dessert parties starting 5/28.

We don’t know the exact viewing location or logistics of this new party yet.

According to 2 different posters in the Lines app, EVERYONE will be in the same viewing area and they are splitting up how many tickets are being sold to not overcrowd the area from the 2 parties.

They both waited for a long time to get exact confirmation.

That makes sense... except that a number of these parties for end of May and during June have already had early Plaza viewing sold. Did they restrict those number of tickets, or are these people just going to suffer with a more crowded viewing area?

Last edited:
According to 2 different posters in the Lines app, EVERYONE will be in the same viewing area and they are splitting up how many tickets are being sold to not overcrowd the area from the 2 parties.

That’s interesting. That thought had crossed my mind too. Lower the headcount for the regular party that eats pre fireworks. Add this late party that eats post fireworks. Blend the two together in the Plaza Garden. Perhaps more appealing to different scheduling types.

That makes sense... except that a number of these party for end of May and during June have already had early Plaza viewing sold. Did they restrict those number of tickets, or are these people just going to suffer with a more crowded viewing area?

They did not say although many are discussing sold out party nights and wondering the same thing.

That’s interesting. That thought had crossed my mind too. Lower the headcount for the regular party that eats pre fireworks. Add this late party that eats post fireworks. Blend the two together in the Plaza Garden. Perhaps more appealing to different scheduling types.
That's how I'm taking it and if they split it, it does make sense because I can see where many would prefer the later time.

However, the comments are the same as here: People in the "after" group will head to the garden area early and get the best spots.

So

So that means it's a disadvantage to attend the first party since by the time you finish desserts and arrive at Plaza Garden best spots for viewing will be taken by those attending 2nd party.

So for my final question....
I booked party for 6/24 not so much for dessert but to have a great view of fireworks!
So if I want to change my reservation for the later party on same date and they cancel my reservation in order to rebook for later party on same day does that mean I will have to pay the higher price. (I was able to book at the $59 price)

I booked party for 6/24 not so much for dessert but to have a great view of fireworks!
So if I want to change my reservation for the later party on same date and they cancel my reservation in order to rebook for later party on same day does that mean I will have to pay the higher price. (I was able to book at the $59 price)

This is pretty much what I am assuming. Gone is my lower price paid if we switch.

I would call and ask. They may honor the original price because of this throwing folks for a loop right now.

That makes sense... except that a number of these parties for end of May and during June have already had early Plaza viewing sold. Did they restrict those number of tickets, or are these people just going to suffer with a more crowded viewing area?
That's my question as well.

Uff, that is a good question, as I was contemplating doing the same and also paid the lower price.

I just called and changed our reservation for the Fireworks Dessert party to the new After-Fireworks Dessert Party for June 30th. We have a 5:30pm dinner at Ohana, so the timing works better for us. The castmember was not able to give me any info. We have better information in this thread. June 30th has HEA scheduled for 9:15pm and a park close of 10:00pm. Interestingly enough they also scheduled Disney After Hours that night starting at 10:00pm. I'm wondering how this will all work. What time will they kick us out of Tomorrowland Terrace? I'm assuming that Disney will give the Dessert party people enough time to cross traffic and have an actual dessert before they kick us out of the park, but I'd love a timeframe.

Interesting! I wonder how that will work too—we have HEA party booked on a night with DAH and I assumed maybe they just wouldn’t have the after party that night cause of DAH. I guess I’m wrong. Is it bad that im slightly worried about after party guests crashing DAH? Prob wouldn’t make much difference anyways.

That's how I'm taking it and if they split it, it does make sense because I can see where many would prefer the later time.

However, the comments are the same as here: People in the "after" group will head to the garden area early and get the best spots.

Exactly. That’s irritating when that’s the whole reason you book the party. *sigh*. And I’m betting they are probably still gonna sell more total tickets and the garden will be more crowded overall. (She said cynically)

I just booked the after fireworks party and was charged the higher price. I didn't even think to ask for the lower price but now I wish I would have. They didn't ask me to cancel my prior reservation for the before fireworks party, so I'm currently sitting on both reservations on the same night and waiting to hear some reports before deciding.

And here I was thinking we had our plans all ironed out...

I don't care one bit about the dessert or food. That is not why I bought my dessert party. I bought it to have plaza viewing with not a lot of people. I might as well save the money and go stand with the rest of the crowd if they are going to add MORE PEOPLE IN THE PLAZA.

Everything I read about it makes it seem so wonderful and that its not crowded. Now of course Disney is absolutely money hungry and wants to push as many people as possible into it?

I will cancel my current reservation if I hear they are adding the people to the plaza that I currently am in.

They already are going to crowd up Tomorrowland terrace more.

Quite frankly, this completely dampens whatever mood I have for this dessert party now, esp in the dead heat and crowds of the summer

Its only a matter of time they do this for the rest of the parties.

What a joke. Just when I thought id have a wonderful firework experience without being on top of someone, this crap happens

Not to mention, who actually wants to eat AFTER fireworks. You want to leave from being so tired. Its just backwards

I would assume that most people that book the after party are doing so to have better time management. Ride rides while people are staking out spots for HEA, get to the plaza 15 minutes before show time and eat while the masses leave Main Street. I don’t see them getting to the plaza area over an hour before HEA. Wouldn’t they rather be doing something else? It’s a huge waste of time to do that. Might as well just stake out a spot yourself. But even if they did arrive early, they are still selling the same amount of tickets. Some people eat very minimal amount of desserts and get to the plaza early. Same idea.

I may switch to the after party once reports come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter